Sequels The Original Cast Appreciation Thread

I thought you would accept the explanation about FC example, but I guess you dont want to do it for some reason.
I don't have to accept anything in the first place. I just have to explain why I disagree with it. Which I did, but for "some reason" YOU didn't answer any of the points I raised in my post above. Why did you made write all that for nothing? :huh:
It doesnt matter what age FC characters were supposed to have, the thing is the actors "should look" 11 years older compared to FC, and they dont.
Hoult and Lawrence are under prosthetics and make-up. If McAvoy and Fassbender don't pass as men in their late 30s to you, it's not my problem.
You may try to cover it, but it is what it is. Its not realistic.
Okay, I work for Fox. I'm just here to cover their asses.
If you can accept one rule, you should acept the same rule to all cases, but if you dont want to do it in Gambit case, then thats another story, about your prefferences.
:lmao:
You got me, I hate Gambit so much, that's why I want to see the same version of him from that great movie called X-Men Origins: Wolverine played by the absolutely talented and successful actor know as Taylor Kitsch.
Anyway, I tried to explain it, and I did. So theres nothing more I can do, if you dont want to follow the same rules on all cases ;)
Fine, bring it on Old Man Gambit, that's what everybody wants to see! :awesome:

Last edited:
Lauren Shueller Donnor has made it clear whenever Gambit is used again they are recasting
him.

That could still change. At this point, nothing is set in stone when it comes to Gambit.

Xavier and Magneto were 30 in FC.
Mystique and Beast were 20, 20+, not teenagers in FC. Mystique wasn't 1yo in 1944.

But back To Gambit talk, I think Angamb is X4X5Campaign from twitter, the same nonsense about Kitsch playing 55+ Gambit in 2023 reality. He can play at least clone of 80's Gambit. He's only 32 and won't be any close to 40 in 2016. He could play 40+, maybe even he could play 55+ Gambit with makeup as Pitt had, but I'm not interested in 35yo Rogue love with 55+ Gambit. Travel her to 80's or make clone of Gambit.

The age thing is so easy to ignore and change.

Remember Sebastian Shaw? I don't know if he ages slowly in the comics but thats how it worked in the movie and it was easily explained in 1 sentence. They could do the same thing to Gambit. He absorbs energy and it keeps him young. With so many mutants in the film-verse aging very slowly like Wolverine, Mystique, Sebastian Shaw and Sabretooth, a treatment like that to Gambit is not really a big deal as long as they make it clear.

And yes, Angamb is the person who runs X4X5Campaign in Twitter.

Last edited:
All four: Wolverine, Shaw, Sabretooth and Mystique are aging slower in comic.
That wasn't movie makers idea.
Gambit doesn't absorb energy and doesn't age slower in comic.

so you dont follow the same rule in all cases either, kasjan? fine! lol

I never said Gambit should look 55 years old in present day, and I already posted a long explanation, but apparently "he HAS to look 55 years old"

ok, then :funny:

All four: Wolverine, Shaw, Sabretooth and Mystique are aging slower in comic.
That wasn't movie makers idea.
Gambit doesn't absorb energy and doesn't age slower in comic.

They also made Viper a mutant and Silver Samurai wasn't a mutant. So, an addition to Gambit's power is possible.

No thx, we already have enough of mutants with slower aging, don't need to add this power for someone else also.

Josh%20Holloway-AES-122275.jpg

He was the answer 8 years ago, still is now.

Sawyer would have made a great Gambit. :csad:

This thread can't die. :BA
url-1.jpeg

:xmen::wolverine:cyclops::storm:xmen:

Need an updated photo like that. All those guys together again would be so cool.

That's why the untitled movie for 2018 should be X-Men vs Apocalypse with OC and Cable and also a Cyclops and Jean Wedding!

I forgot about that! :eek:
I'm gonna update the first post. :woot:

I really hope this untitled 2018 film is for the OT cast.

With all the action and the trouble that we will see with the OT cast in Days of Future Past, surely, people would want to see more from them after the movie? Right!

Last edited:
Ok this may sound crazy but I would it if Scott/Jean danced to this like Jean could be trying to get Scott out of his shell at some point in the movie.
[YT]4Rvs6mNoMcs[/YT]
I was going to put this in the XMA thread but I forget what thread to put it in plus I was losing Internet.

Last edited:
With all the action and the trouble that we will see with the OT cast in Days of Future Past, surely, people would want to see more from them after the movie? Right!

That much later after introducing new actors with Jean, Scott, Ororo, Gambit and Nightcrawler in Apocalypse? No, I don't think people will care as much about the OT returning in their own film at that point. Who's gonna want to leave that line up? If Apocaylpse casts well, people will want those new actors focused and continued on. They can't start something then drop it. Won't work well for them.

If they were to continue with the OT as main players in their own film, it needs to happen before they introduce/set up new actors in those crucial fan favorite roles. Or they need to have significant roles in Apocalypse.

Last edited:
Too many are counting their chickens before they hatch.

Apocalypse Is last film james Mcavoy,Michael fassbender,Jennifer Lawrence,and Nicholas Hoult are under contract for.Apart from Introducing Apocalypse the focus Is likely to be on Xavier,Magneto,Mystique,and Beast not on newbees. And then the 800 Million DOllor question Is are they going to try to get Huck Jackman In APocalypse. Let's remember Apocalypse Is going to be coming out In between third Cap and SUperman/Batman before it and Amazing Spider-man 4 after it.Plus It opens against Alice In wonderland 2
despite Johnny Depp's recent films alice was a blockbuster hit.

If
DOFP creates a split timeline with trilogy and wolverine films exsisting In seperate timeline than FC trilogy
that throws out
any exsisting ideas on who will make the lineup In Apocalypse.
In split timeline they don't have to wait to have wolverine In X-Men.Cyclops,Jean,and storm expections for apocalypse need to be thrown out if split timeline happens due to fact those 3 as "first students" comes from films not comics.
Gambit and nightcrawler being considered for apocalypse lineup says they will do what they want not what some here are expcting. That has happened with both first class and Days of future Past.

The next wolverine film coming out after Apocalypse and It could always feature rogue or kitty as a sidekick.Plus OT cast could also feature In mystery 2018 film.

Let's go this way the mystery marvel fox film of 2018 will be after completion of "FC" trilogy and coming out after Third avengers and the Amazing Spider-man 4.What's going to get more attention a sequel with ot cast members/crossover film between OT cast and FF reboot cast or film with mostly newbees without the FC big guns.

Gambit being considered is predictable. There's been plenty of debates on that before Singer pretty much confirmed he's gonna use him. I don't see how that is unexpected at all. As would be using Scott ,Ororo and Jean in the 80s.

I seriously have no idea what point you are trying to make through most of that post.
What's going to get more attention a sequel with ot cast members/crossover film between OT cast and FF reboot cast or film with mostly newbees without the FC big guns.

What makes you think they will hire newbies? Or that the craptastic 4 crossover would be with the OT? Or that F4 will be a hit since it stars a new cast?

If Apocalypse is a success (which it will be), there will be no worries on the new cast. Because like always, the characters are what will be the main selling point. And they will more then likely have been in the largest X-Men film yet. Not to mention those characters will probably have storng development for once.

Last edited:
That much later after introducing new actors with Jean, Scott, Ororo, Gambit and Nightcrawler in Apocalypse? No, I don't think people will care as much about the OT returning in their own film at that point. Who's gonna want to leave that line up? If Apocaylpse casts well, people will want those new actors focused and continued on. They can't start something then drop it. Won't work well for them.

If they were to continue with the OT as main players in their own film, it needs to happen before they introduce/set up new actors in those crucial fan favorite roles. Or they need to have significant roles in Apocalypse.
Yeah, that's why we have two different versions of Professor X and Magneto simultaneously...
really_house_of_cards.gif

So what? That was hardly the point.

Will people will be more excited for an ALL OT film after DOFP? Yup. Would people be less excited for an all OT film after new fan favorites are introduced in Apocalypse in 2016? Yup.

If they want an all OT flick it should happen after DOFP, not 4 years later when they havn't been the major focus since 2006 and most that time was for Logan.

Last edited:
So what? That was hardly the point.
Okay. :lmao:
Will people will be more excited for an ALL OT film after DOFP? Yup. Would people be less excited for an all OT film after new fan favorites are introduced in Apocalypse in 2016? Yup.
Same way people are less excited for the OT cast return in DoFP because they've seen new versions of these characters in FC. Oh wait....
If they want an all OT flick it should happen after DOFP, not 4 years later when they havn't been the major focus since 2006 and most that time was for Logan.
So? That's hardly the point. :oldrazz:;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"