The Original Cast Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'X-Men Sequels' started by Rike, Mar 3, 2014.

1. SuperT

SuperT Boom Shaka Laka

:hehe:

This entire thread is not worth it.

2. Rike

Rike Crazy

It became like that when people like you started coming here to go off-topic. :cwink:

3. marvelrobbins

marvelrobbins Well-Known Member

This thread was for those wanting the original cast In future films.

4. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

Off topic how so?

This thread asks these questions and to speculate.

....and also if there is an OT film in the planning.

Which amongst their possible roles in Apocalypse is what the past debate has been about.

It doesn't say this is a thread for only OT fans to agree on everything. Rather we agree or not this has been in topic on their roles with the future of the franchise. The condescending attitude of only the OT can bring the money is what is causing debates amongst others. No one has even talked **** on the OT here.

Most the complaints are about planning and where the focus is headed. Which is completely valid given the topic of the OT's future.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  5. Rike

Rike Crazy

I don't created this thread for people to come here discuss if they want another movie with the OT cast.

It's for fans who want another movie with the original cast discuss what they would like to see in the said movie.

If some want to turn this into a FC-OT debate, please do that in somewhere else.

It's exactly for them.

"Do you really wanna live in a world without Coca-Cola?" - The Original Cast Thread

Not 'The Future of the X-Men Franchise Thread'

6. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

Again all this has been on topic.

Everyone including yourself has been on that discussion. And most the time missing the point and switching it to to a FC VS OT as I pointed out pages ago. Calling out "people like you" when you couldn't even stay on your so called guidlines yourself aint a fair thing to call out.

Then you should have specifically said that. Since this thread is open to speculation and their roles are shared in DOFP and could also be shared in Apocalypse it's nearly impossible to avoid. Talking about where their focus is in the frnachise goes right in lines with your thread. This isn't a separate franchise it's a shared one attached to the same title.

Now that you have made that clear that can't be discussed we can move on. Enjoy!

7. Rike

Rike Crazy

Not in the latest pages.

He/she called the thread "worthless", when he/she even bothered to come here to drop that ill-fated comment. I guess I should have been nicer. :dry:

Not clear enough? :huh:

Which is a perfect opportunity to turn this thread into the old debate I've mentioned. :whatever:

Whatever, I guess...

8. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

No its' not and you forgot the last part which brings a very broad discussion forward. And nothing was said to be off subject.

Bottom line, if you didn't want to discuss where the OT falls in the franchise as a whole. It should have been pointed. It's a big subject and everything is related and relies on eachother.

PM me if you want to discuss more, don't want to side track your thread more.

9. Rike

Rike Crazy

Nah, it's fine. There's no need for that.

:)

10. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

11. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

With the latest posters, we are seeing that OT cast members are infront and the FC cast are behind them. With these marketing materials, you could easily tell that Fox knows that the OT cast can still bring interest and can still sell tickets.

And we know, this is more a FC sequel but seriously, why is Halle Berry placed infront of Nicholas Hoult? why is Ian McKellen placed infront of Michael Fassbender? why is Patrick Stewart placed infront of James McAvoy? Those actors that are placed at the back probably has more screentime but they are in back of the poster. Fox probably thinks Ian/Patrick/Halle are more familiar as X-Men characters to the general audience so even though they have less screentime, they put infront of them.

Fox would be stupid not to bring them back after this film. They know the OT cast can still use their star power and familiarity to sell tickets.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
  12. marvelrobbins

It's clear DOFP Is being promated heavily with OT cast members. The amount of screentime
    In actual film Is Ilrelvent.

Let's remember Bryan Singer has called Apocalypse a Inbetweenequel just like DOFP and said It's more of a FC sequel not that no way would any OT actor returns. A third wolverine Is coming out pretty quickly after Apocalypse and who knows who will be In mystery 2018 film.

In 3 films Inbetween Last stand and Days of future past you have OT actors worked in

Origins-Besides Hugh Jackman Patrick Stewart cameos at end of film

First class-Hugh cameos as wolverine. Jennifer Lawrence briefly turns Into Rebecca Romijn

The Wolverine-Besides Hugh Famke Janssen returns as Hallunication of Jean Grey and Both Patrick and Ian Mckellen show up In Mid credit scene

13. HIA

HIA Well-Known Member

this discussion seems to moves just in circles :hmm

14. marvelrobbins

With it's all but envitial DOFP will be third highest grossing comic book film It will be Intresting to see if they try to shoe In any OT cast member.

Predicitons form Box office.com have DOFP around 220 million domesticly being beaten by Amazing Spider-man 2,Captain America The winter Soldier,and Godzilla.

If DOFP can't match the 234 million the Last Stand made In 2006 with it's crossover between FC and OT casts then Apocalypce with the 4 FC reture's and newbees Is a gamble. The Last Stand had most of X2 cast returning.

part of the appeal of DOFP Is return of OT cast and crossing over with FC cast.
    APocalypse for now has none of that.

15. psylockolussus

I think Apocalypse will appear more as a prequel, a movie featuring an origin story again.

16. magneto23

magneto23 Well-Known Member

If they can't even bring in the $$$ with DOFP and it's ensemble, then why would they pay up and bring back the OT for XMA? If they can't get it done now, why bother two years from now?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
  17. SuperT

SuperT Boom Shaka Laka

Overreact much?!

18. HIA

HIA Well-Known Member

pretty much. I honestly dont get these worries now of a sudden

19. psylockolussus

Marvelrobbins is giving much thought to Boxoffice.com's predictions. Its not like that prediction is set in stone. They could still change it.

20. marvelrobbins

Since the mystery 2-18 film being X-force Is now in doudt this Inceases possibilty of it being something with OT cast.

21. Rike

Rike Crazy

22. Duran Man

Duran Man The Seventh Stranger

I love that commercial.:funny:

23. psylockolussus

It doesn't surprise me.

24. NanaT

NanaT X-Men United!

Someone on another thread came up with the idea of the horsemen being the older versions of jean, cylops and Storm. That would be totally cool to see. The young X-Men up against their older selves. I can just imagine the posters.

25. NanaT

NanaT X-Men United!

Why is it in doubt? When was it ever considered to not be in doubt? I thought thr mystery 2018 film has always been a mystery.