Poker Face - A Rian Johnson Mystery Series

Yeah, the fifth episode is easily the funniest so far.

Agreed. The latest episode was much better with pacing. And much like Glass Onion, I like how it incorporates flashbacks to show a different perspective. I’ve accepted this isn’t a true mystery show, like Monk, but rather an actor’s showcase.

I'm a little behind, I just watched the 3rd episode (barbecue) and loved it, especially the MAGA puppy. :p

I thought this recent episode (stock car racing episode) was probably the weakest one, while the retirement village episode was probably my favorite so far..

Current episode rankings so far would be

1.'Time of the Monkey
2.Exit Stage Death
3. The Stall
4.Rest in Metal
5.The Night Shift
6.Dead Man/s Hand
7. The Future of the Sport

I really want this to be set in the Knives Out Universe. I keep anticipating a name drop from those films or something.

Watched a couple more episodes and still loving this. Yes each one has a murder that she solves, but each location and situation is different so it never gets old. :)

I won't spoil anything but not every episode is actually a murder. Still plenty of crime though.

It's such a clever show, I love watching her figure everything out in the most interesting ways. :)

The finale was satisfying, I guess. Better than many of the middle episodes. But not quite as intricate/clever as the premiere.

Liked the show overall but they basically dropped the main plot until the last episode.

I've got four more to go. I've been distracted by other shows. :(

Just watched the race car episode. I just love this show. :D it needs to keep going forever.

Started watching this a couple of days ago and I love it. Seen 4 episodes so far and I really liked all of them. The premise is great, the acting is great, the writing and directing, really everything is great IMO. It’s a delight.

It was really well written and the rotating cast has been fantastic! :D my favorite show so far this year.

Finished the show and loved it so much. One of the most well made shows of the year and definitely my personal favourite. Feels like it’s been forever since I’ve seen a procedural this good. Can’t wait for season 2!

Loved this show. Just about time to re-watch it.:smile:

I just hope season 2 can come close to the same quality. I loved season 1 of Natasha's Russian Doll, probably a bit more that PF, but season 2 wasn't nearly as good.

Loved this show. Just about time to re-watch it.:smile:

I just hope season 2 can come close to the same quality. I loved season 1 of Natasha's Russian Doll, probably a bit more that PF, but season 2 wasn't nearly as good.
I'm hopeful because the premise is pretty adaptable. If one episode is a little weak, the next might be fantastic. :)

Poker-Face-lead-1.jpg

‘Poker Face’ Creator Rian Johnson And Star Natasha Lyonne Interview – Deadline

2 episodes in and really enjoying this. Natasha Lyonne is just a joy to watch, so it came as no surprise.

I really want this to be set in the Knives Out Universe. I keep anticipating a name drop from those films or something.

Well Lyonne is in Glass Onion as a friend of Blanc's so that's a pretty big link.

Last edited:
2 episodes in and really enjoying this. Natasha Lyonne is just a joy to watch, so it came as no surprise.

Well Lyonne is in Glass Onion as a friend of Blanc's so that's a pretty big link.
I thought about that too, but she's called Natasha there, not Charlie.

Lyonne was an immediate hit with me, too. This was the first thing I've seen her in and she's now on my favorites list. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"