DC Television The Penguin on HBO

I think part of my cynicism for the show is that I still think the visuals are absolutely awful and uninteresting.
It looks way better and more consistent with Grieg’s style than Dune Sisterhood is attempting.

And, it’s a tv show budget-production attempting to recreate or respect one of the best cinematographers of all time, let alone one of the best looking films of all time.

I think they did fine and more than respect their attempt to do so.

Hell, look at Acolyte… even with real sets and such, it looks pretty flat and too clean.

The Penguin not only fits in with The Batman, but it also vibes more with The Night Of, Presumed Innocent, and Mare Of Easttown.

I legit have no idea what you're talking about on this. I, admittedly, place aesthetics and cinematography an extremely distant third to writing and acting but it's so clearly better shot (admittedly a lowbar) than a vast majority of comic book streaming shows. It just looks like a normal, higher quality streaming show doing The Batman's style on a budget which is exactly how you'd expect it to look. I'm not saying it looks amazing, but it looks good and that is more than sufficient.
To me it looks visually on the same exact level as something like Secret Invasion.

If Pattinson does have a scene in the show I suspect it will be something like this.
It's the bare minimum they could do that'd make this show at least make some sense.

I think that Batman ending the first film with “I need to be better and do more” and then not immediately being able to do it makes sense.

Gotham is known for its crime rate and he’s one man. Criminals will still do what they do even if he’s running rampant to stop them. That’s like a whole thing about the city and it’s occupants.

I think that Batman ending the first film with “I need to be better and do more” and then not immediately being able to do it makes sense.

Gotham is known for its crime rate and he’s one man. Criminals will still do what they do even if he’s running rampant to stop them. That’s like a whole thing about the city and it’s occupants.
It’s a big city… I can’t be everywhere.
But he knows Oz and the whole thing in the last movie revolved around Falcone. They'd be his main priority lol Again I'm not saying he needs to show up in each episode but he needs to have /something/ so it's actually coherent with the movie.

What's with the out-of-focus edges? It's really distracting.

What's with the out-of-focus edges? It's really distracting.
Vignetting… huge in photography and crime/noir films.

They don’t have Fraser’s lenses, so it’s more noticeable… but he also did it. His lenses are legendary, and very very expensive and limited.

Oh I know what it *is*, but it's obviously digital here and appears to be in every scene. It's awful.
At least they're staying true to the look of the film, but still.

They don’t have Fraser’s lenses, so it’s more noticeable… but he also did it. His lenses are legendary, and very very expensive and limited.
Then they shouldn't have done it here because it looks bad.

But he knows Oz and the whole thing in the last movie revolved around Falcone. They'd be his main priority lol Again I'm not saying he needs to show up in each episode but he needs to have /something/ so it's actually coherent with the movie.
Do you know how crime works in Gotham? Batman isn't there the vast majority of the time. Even when he knows the criminals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"