The people who hoped N3 would fail, are beside themselves with joy

Zenien

Reaction score
Impression from the retail build in Japan:

"Just played a bit - it's pretty fun, but so far it's just mash-mash-mash.

AI is still pretty thick , but the slashing through hordes of enemies is pretty fun. Graphically, it's not bad at all so far - frame rate is stable (although looking at Reno-'s post that might change) things all look good enough. The music is pretty good so far as well.

Will try and play some more, but i have Okami to try now too!"

"so better than the demo?"

"yeah, it's better than the demo - although that doesn't take much :/"

"Bebpo got the game and some other people have finished it. It appears the "savior of MS Japan" is another lameass failure!

- Repetive gameplay
- Huge maps with tons of enemies that are all the same
- If you stop mashing buttons you take cheap hits and might die
- If you die you have to play the entire boring level all over again
- Crappy hit detection
- The story sucks
- The voice acting sucks
- There is no lip sync
- The animation in cutscenes suck
- The sound effects are weak
- No crowd noises
- The multi-angle story doesn't even make sense, some scenarios are simply "what if"
- The entire plot is spelled out in the manual and there is no twist
- Dynasty Warriors is better
- Samurai Warriors is better
- Ikukagumi is better
- Mizuguchi am cry
- Korea am cry
- Etc etc

The hit detection in the game is complete and utter **** for anything that attacks in a straight line. Basically boss fights consist of you using an invincible NPC to decoy the boss while running behind him and stabbing his ass hoping to register SOME hits on the combos and praying he doesn't turn around and slash you for 50% damage. Of course if he DOES, the hit might not register anyway because the hit detection is so ****. Boss fights are boring, repetive and scary because if you die because the engine is so ****, you have to replay the entire ****ing stage again. What a waste of time

More bad news! In the stages of the game, there are about a gazillion random short "cutscenes" that show boring stuff like enemies appearing from a distance, enemies retreating, an enemy camp, or whatever. The problem is you have no idea WHEN the cutscenes will be triggered when you're first playing the stage, and the programming is so **** that if you pull off your super special that takes a LONG TIME to build the bar up to max and then a cutscene suddenly starts, when it's over the move is reset and your bar is empty. Also it seems that after each cutscene weird bugs seem to happen. Sometimes you're teleported from your last location to somewhere nearby for no reason, sometimes you were killing tons of enemies then when the cutscene ends you're surrounded and getting hammered. Random ****, poor programming, tons of glitches! This is sounding better and better

"i'm not crying though - the game isn't a classic or a masterpiece, but neither is it the total abomination people seem to be making out to be.

It's basically a mindless slasher - i've not seen many of the issues that Bebpo has seen (bebpo might have a borked X360 (?) i've seen him mention a number of issues on a number of X360 games that i've simply not come across :/)

The biggest pain though IS the "oh you died - back to the last major checkpoint" :(

It's disappointing because this is a miz game, but with that aside it's a more arcade-y Musou game IMO.

It's certainly not a game to blow 7,000 yen on (especially as it's not region free) but from the impressions i'd expect it to be one of the worst games ever - which it simply isn't. *shrug*

And seeing as we have everyones X360 attention here - Pro Baseball Spirits 3 on the X360 is sexy goodness."

"Yeah he said N3's problems were so bad he wondered if he had a borked disc.... maybe you guys should exchange notes. For me the most disappointing point of N3 he's mentioned is really how **** the story and the cutscenes are, since I know most people were totally looking forward to it as "DW with a good story". So much for that. :("

" agree with DCharlie 100%. The game isn't "crap," but it's really average, and quite frankly, Sangoku/Sengoku Musou walks all over this game (and all the other DW clones).

If you're going to get a new Japanese DW-style BEU, get Sengoku Musou 2 on PS2.

Does anyone know when Ikusa Gami is going to hit the states? It's supposedly better than N3 at doing the same thing, and there's rumors its coming out by Konami under the name of Demon Chaos, which is about as generic as generic can be.

Ikusa Gami SUCKS. SO. HARD. AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID"

Maybe now Phantagram can get back to making Strident and Duality.

Zenien said:
Impression from the retail build in Japan:

"Just played a bit - it's pretty fun, but so far it's just mash-mash-mash.

AI is still pretty thick , but the slashing through hordes of enemies is pretty fun. Graphically, it's not bad at all so far - frame rate is stable (although looking at Reno-'s post that might change) things all look good enough. The music is pretty good so far as well.

Will try and play some more, but i have Okami to try now too!"

"so better than the demo?"

"yeah, it's better than the demo - although that doesn't take much :/"

"Bebpo got the game and some other people have finished it. It appears the "savior of MS Japan" is another lameass failure!

- Repetive gameplay
- Huge maps with tons of enemies that are all the same
- If you stop mashing buttons you take cheap hits and might die
- If you die you have to play the entire boring level all over again
- Crappy hit detection
- The story sucks
- The voice acting sucks
- There is no lip sync
- The animation in cutscenes suck
- The sound effects are weak
- No crowd noises
- The multi-angle story doesn't even make sense, some scenarios are simply "what if"
- The entire plot is spelled out in the manual and there is no twist
- Dynasty Warriors is better
- Samurai Warriors is better
- Ikukagumi is better
- Mizuguchi am cry
- Korea am cry
- Etc etc

The hit detection in the game is complete and utter **** for anything that attacks in a straight line. Basically boss fights consist of you using an invincible NPC to decoy the boss while running behind him and stabbing his ass hoping to register SOME hits on the combos and praying he doesn't turn around and slash you for 50% damage. Of course if he DOES, the hit might not register anyway because the hit detection is so ****. Boss fights are boring, repetive and scary because if you die because the engine is so ****, you have to replay the entire ****ing stage again. What a waste of time

More bad news! In the stages of the game, there are about a gazillion random short "cutscenes" that show boring stuff like enemies appearing from a distance, enemies retreating, an enemy camp, or whatever. The problem is you have no idea WHEN the cutscenes will be triggered when you're first playing the stage, and the programming is so **** that if you pull off your super special that takes a LONG TIME to build the bar up to max and then a cutscene suddenly starts, when it's over the move is reset and your bar is empty. Also it seems that after each cutscene weird bugs seem to happen. Sometimes you're teleported from your last location to somewhere nearby for no reason, sometimes you were killing tons of enemies then when the cutscene ends you're surrounded and getting hammered. Random ****, poor programming, tons of glitches! This is sounding better and better

"i'm not crying though - the game isn't a classic or a masterpiece, but neither is it the total abomination people seem to be making out to be.

It's basically a mindless slasher - i've not seen many of the issues that Bebpo has seen (bebpo might have a borked X360 (?) i've seen him mention a number of issues on a number of X360 games that i've simply not come across :/)

The biggest pain though IS the "oh you died - back to the last major checkpoint" :(

It's disappointing because this is a miz game, but with that aside it's a more arcade-y Musou game IMO.

It's certainly not a game to blow 7,000 yen on (especially as it's not region free) but from the impressions i'd expect it to be one of the worst games ever - which it simply isn't. *shrug*

And seeing as we have everyones X360 attention here - Pro Baseball Spirits 3 on the X360 is sexy goodness."

"Yeah he said N3's problems were so bad he wondered if he had a borked disc.... maybe you guys should exchange notes. For me the most disappointing point of N3 he's mentioned is really how **** the story and the cutscenes are, since I know most people were totally looking forward to it as "DW with a good story". So much for that. :("

" agree with DCharlie 100%. The game isn't "crap," but it's really average, and quite frankly, Sangoku/Sengoku Musou walks all over this game (and all the other DW clones).

If you're going to get a new Japanese DW-style BEU, get Sengoku Musou 2 on PS2.

Ikusa Gami SUCKS. SO. HARD. AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID"

'ZENIEN', YOU'RE THE ONLY PERSON IN THIS FORUM WHO "HOPED N3 WOULD FAIL"........OR EVEN CARED EITHER WAY. I'M SURE 'HEAVENLY SWORD' WILL BE A MONUMENTAL ACHIEVEMENT, IN EVERY WAY, AND WIN TONS OF AWARDS........BUT STILL, NOBODY WILL CARE ABOUT IT. :down:o

XwolverineX said:

NINETY-NINE NIGHTS. IT'S A '360' EXCLUSIVE HACK-N-SLASH THAT 'ZENIEN' LATCHED ONTO MONTHS AGO AS PROOF THAT THE '360' WOULD FAIL. IN REALITY, IT'S THE TYPE OF GAME THAT ONLY THE JAPANESE WOULD REALLY HAVE AN INTEREST IN, THUS MAKING IT POINTLESS ON THE '360' TO BEGIN WITH. :o

THWIP* said:
NINETY-NINE NIGHTS. IT'S A '360' EXCLUSIVE HACK-N-SLASH THAT 'ZENIEN' LATCHED ONTO MONTHS AGO AS PROOF THAT THE '360' WOULD FAIL. IN REALITY, IT'S THE TYPE OF GAME THAT ONLY THE JAPANESE WOULD REALLY HAVE AN INTEREST IN, THUS MAKING IT POINTLESS ON THE '360' TO BEGIN WITH. :o

Oh, ninety-nine nights. Now I see. Thanks.

For a moment there I thought someone was talking about the Revo.

THWIP* said:

Bah, you're losing your memory in your old age. I latched onto it because WHF did and the 360 won't fail nor is N3 an indication of it's power so I don't know where you got that other stuff from.

Zenien said:
Bah, you're losing your memory in your old age. I latched onto it because WHF did and the 360 won't fail nor is N3 an indication of it's power so I don't know where you got that other stuff from.

I WAS BEING A TAD FACETIOUS, 'Z'. :o
BUT, IT'S OBVIOUS THIS THREAD WAS MEANT TO DRAG 'WHF' IN HERE, SO YOU COULD DO A VICTORY DANCE IN HIS FACE; YOU SHOULD'VE JUST PM'D A LINK TO HIM, RATHER THAN INTENTIONALLY START ANOTHER "ANTI-360" THREAD.

I will never forgive WHF, ever. :O

I actually didn't make this with it being an anti 360 thread in mind. More so "It's everything I said it would be when WHF was like it's from KUF guys and Miz it's more than that" so I could be like LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

In all seriousnes though, I'm sure that it'sa perfectly acceptable Dynasty Warriors rip off.

The 360 is a good platform, at least I can admit these things unlike people like DRT. :o

So who's to blame for this game? Miz or Phantagram? FIGHT!

I hope you didn't get those comments from System Wars...because it'd render this thread pointless.

And I'm still buying N3. Well....a rent for sure. :D

From what I've heard from people who have the game, the combat is fun and fluid but it's very repetitive. I'm certainly not expecting Too Human....

I said the game would be better than Heavenly Sword, and it is. And it will be.

And you also said that the game stomps all over Heavenly Sword technically, which it doesn't. And no, HS will not be worse than N3.

I'm waiting to try out Ninety-Nine Nights, it looks good. But this story really doesn't make the future of the Xbox 360 in the Japanese market look too bright.

hippie_hunter said:
I'm waiting to try out Ninety-Nine Nights, it looks good. But this story really doesn't make the future of the Xbox 360 in the Japanese market look too bright.

OF COURSE YOU'RE WAITING.......YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE A '360' YET. :p

Zenien said:
And you also said that the game stomps all over Heavenly Sword technically, which it doesn't. And no, HS will not be worse than N3.
N3 has thousands of onscreen foes and has some of the finest special effects seen yet. Also, Heavenly sword appears to be using first-generation bump-mapping, by the looks of the ground in the "sped up" :-)rolleyes:) preview.

And yes, it will be better. Phantagram makes good games. Ninja Theory made crap.

WhatsHisFace said:
N3 has thousands of onscreen foes and has some of the finest special effects seen yet. Also, Heavenly sword appears to be using first-generation bump-mapping, by the looks of the ground in the "sped up" :-)rolleyes:) preview.

And yes, it will be better. Phantagram makes good games. Ninja Theory made crap.

We already had this discussion, your arguement was reduced to "Well Ninja Theory might downgrade the graphics". First gen bump mapping; ok. :lol:

WHF, we already had this arguement, you already lost it, no need to repeat it!

Zenien said:
We already had this discussion, your arguement was reduced to "Well Ninja Theory might downgrade the graphics". First gen bump mapping; ok. :lol:

WHF, we already had this arguement, you already lost it, no need to repeat it!
Yeah, sure.

Why didn't you go on AIM? I don't like you anymore. I'm going to bed.

I wasn't on MSN either, don't take it so personally. I'm sorry. :(

http://www.ionpromotion.net/blog/nanba/

blog-photo-1145789619.63-0.jpg

Random AV Idol fun.

This is directed to no one here, but I find it so hard to believe that people would actually want a game (or system for that matter) to fail.
Jesus Christ, just don't get it :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"