Supergirl The posse............why??

It seems every hero on television,
Super or not, has a team these days.
I have no problem with Kara's Posse.

Me neither. But what name to call them by. On her Twitter, Melissa Benoist suggested The Superfriends. Although I think that name may be copyrighted to DC, WB or whoever holds the rights to that show.

Happy Hogan used that term in IM3. I don't think it's specific enough to copyright. And I get the op's point. Yes, this IS becoming over used. But the lone hero has it's drawbacks as well. They need confidants to bounce things off of and such. But these confidants don't have to all know each other or get together in the same room on a regular basis for strategy pow-wows. It's probably why I love the Daredevil show so much. Never do you see a collection of supporting characters gathered around giving exposition and advice. Only Foggy and Stick know Matt's secret and those 2 never even meet. Claire knows some but she doesn't know who Matt is actually. All she knows is that he's a blind lawyer named Matt who does this thing. She doesn't know his last name and probably should resist the urge to find out anyway(she probably easily could with the clues at her disposal) since such knowledge would only endanger her more. Most of DD's supporting characters are kept at arms length away from each other so we don't get a TEAM DAREDEVIL feel on the show...yet he's still not a 100% loner either. I like this and hope more shows would use it as a model. But it takes more skill in the writing and plotting to pull it off.

See when it comes to the secret identity thing. My view is this. If the hero doesn't want to tell the entire world, fair enough. But I DO have a problem with them keeping it secret from the people closest to them. And I ESPECIALLY hate the cliché of "he/she is keeping them in the dark in order to protect them." Here's the problem, IT DOESN'T PROTECT THEM!!!! It doesn't nothing of the sort. The GENERAL PUBLIC knowing might put the hero's loved ones in more danger. Their villains knowing would as well. Their loved ones knowing, not it doesn't. If anything, it does the opposite because at least then they're aware of the potential risks and can take certain precautions/protect themselves better.

See when it comes to the secret identity thing. My view is this. If the hero doesn't want to tell the entire world, fair enough. But I DO have a problem with them keeping it secret from the people closest to them. And I ESPECIALLY hate the cliché of "he/she is keeping them in the dark in order to protect them." Here's the problem, IT DOESN'T PROTECT THEM!!!! It doesn't nothing of the sort. The GENERAL PUBLIC knowing might put the hero's loved ones in more danger. Their villains knowing would as well. Their loved ones knowing, not it doesn't. If anything, it does the opposite because at least then they're aware of the potential risks and can take certain precautions/protect themselves better.

BINGO on this, that has been the biggest problem for me and superhero movies/tv series/comics...that issue has DRIVEN ME CRAZY FOR DECADES. As a friend, family member, girlfriend, I would be ROYALLY PISSED if I was kept in the dark simply to "keep me safe". BS on that one, they need to be told. Hell, at least they would know what was about to hit them. Maybe they could duck if they had known...:cwink:

Plus, Kara looks at being a superhero in a totally different way. Yes let her take the big punches, and put her life in the most danger, but she understands that allowing people to help, simply makes the job that much easier.......AND more fulfilling in the end. I really like how the writers are taking this...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"