Election prediction game!!!

i'm too lazy to type so here's the gif from the CNN Prediction tool

election08prediction.gif

You left out D.C. ^

I don't believe it's going to be a landslide. I think it will be closer than any of us may think right now. Honestly? I don't believe that Obama will pass the 300-mark in terms of electoral college votes. But we'll see.

Judging from CNN's poll closing time map, I think it will be about 11pm CT when a winner is called.

I don't believe it's going to be a landslide. I think it will be closer than any of us may think right now. Honestly? I don't believe that Obama will pass the 300-mark in terms of electoral college votes. But we'll see.
I agree. My earlier post:
270Map.jpg

Perhaps I can swap Virginia and Washington state?

Last edited:
I agree. My earlier post:
270Map.jpg

Perhaps I can swap Virginia and Washington state?
I believe you should for I cannot see WA as a red state. I used to live there and it bleeds blue.

It appears that I won't be starting any new threads.

Several of us are pretty close to the actual results! This is going to be interesting! :cwink:

Obama: 364
WA
OR
CA
NV
CO
NM
MN
IL
MO
WI
NC
IA
MI
OH
ME
PA
VT
NH
MA
CT
NY
RI
NJ
DE
MD
DC
FL
HI

McCain: 174
ID
UT
AZ
MT
WY
ND
SD
NE
KS
OK
TX
AR
LA
IN
KY
TN
MS
AL
GA
SC
AK

Mine, is actually pretty close. I look like I missed NC, which I think I meant to put in Obama's category, but I'll have to check my original map here.

Last edited:
Wow, if Missouri was swapped with Indiana (which I still can't believe Obama won) that would pretty much be my map. Nice.

electionmap-1.jpg

Wait... has Indiana been called yet? I just woke up and checked Politico and I guess I got mislead because CNN has it too close to call.

So there are still 37 electoral votes to be decided...Missouri, Indiana, and North Carolina.

Wait... has Indiana been called yet? I just woke up and checked Politico and I guess I got mislead because CNN has it too close to call.

Indiana has not been called yet. Local news has the difference between President-elect Obama and Senator McCain at 20,000...in favor of Obama.

NBC PROJECTS: OBAMA WINS NORTH CAROLINA
Associated Press also calls North Carolina for Obama

With 100% of precints reporting

MCCAIN: 49%
OBAMA: 50%

NBC PROJECTS: MCCAIN WINS MISSOURI

OBAMA: 49%

ACCORDING TO NBC:
The final totals for the 2008 Electoral College are as follows...

MCCAIN: 173
OBAMA: 364

Actually, those totals may not be officially correct... we may win one of Nebraska's electoral votes...

NBC PROJECTS: OBAMA WINS NORTH CAROLINA
Associated Press also calls North Carolina for Obama

OBAMA: 50%

NBC PROJECTS: MCCAIN WINS MISSOURI

OBAMA: 49%

I was kind of hoping Obama would lose Missouri, just so it would put an end to all that "bellweather state" bull**** we have to hear every 4 years.

ACCORDING TO NBC:

Mine's accurate in number, just have to switch Indiana with Missouri

ACCORDING TO NBC:

I never dreamed that he'd own McCain that badly in the electoral college, or that the popular vote would be as dominant as it was for that matter. I really thought we were looking at a 2000/2004 situation. But the will of the people seems pretty clear.

In looking at my own precinct, I noticed that hundreds of people must have voted Obama at the top and Republicans the rest of the way down because he's the only Democrat to win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"