The President Obama Thread: 'Super Bears!' Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can still give your opinion on his presidency thus far...

for me its so-so but by next year we will all know how he's doing

TODAY MARKS PRESIDENT OBAMA'S 200TH DAY IN OFFICE...

How do you rate his second 100 days?

Obama, politically, gets an F. He has fallen quicker in these last 100 days than I ever thought possible.

You can still give your opinion on his presidency thus far...

Well he gets a "mediocre" score from me. The stimulus bill was fine because I felt we needed it, but it's not working as well as people thought it would. Cash for clunkers was a good idea and it appears to be working. His health care reform bill needs to be fixed or else it could be a financial disaster. I like the Sotomayor appointment but I get a very bad feeling that the next few years are going to consist of unrepentant spending.

Has his approval ratings fallen the fastest historically? Just wondering how his approval fall compares to other Presidents.

And Kane, we will not see next year. As you've probably heard, America will be a smoldering crater in the ground by then.

Or like the Wasteland from The Road Warrior, maybe. Give or take.

Has his approval ratings fallen the fastest historically? Just wondering how his approval fall compares to other Presidents.

And Kane, we will not see next year. As you've probably heard, America will be a smoldering crater in the ground by then.

Or like the Wasteland from The Road Warrior, maybe. Give or take.

This might give you a good idea....

Comparison Chart of Presidential Approval Ratings

President to President Comparison Chart Click on the Comparison button at the top of the chart...

Last edited:
No problem.....I find these comparisons very interesting....

Yeah, I had no idea that Clinton had been THAT unpopular really.

The spike in W.'s approval after 9/11 is still startling to me.

Why? They hated us for our freedoms, remember? That worked to perfection. Use a disaster, either created or otherwise, and use it to your advantage. People will be ASKING you to do those things, rage wars, take away the very freedoms we like to trump up for illusions of protection and security, they will want you to do that. Yes it all is so ridiculous when you look at it years afterward.

Just like how when you read our history over different points and say to yourself "What the **** were we thinking?" Too late in this case. 9/11 has become a major turning point and can't ever be seriously questioned just because they say so.

I just thought that after 9/11 Bush's approval would have gone all the way down, instead of all the way up.

Practically speaking, that is. The political 'spin' of things probably is a powerful tool, I guess.

Bush's RESPONSE was incredibly well accepted. Bush, with the blow horn at Ground Zero is one of the most iconic pictures of a US Presidents ever. Bush did a lot of right after 9/11 - just as he did a lot of wrong months and years following it.

Bush's RESPONSE was incredibly well accepted. Bush, with the blow horn at Ground Zero is one of the most iconic pictures of a US Presidents ever. Bush did a lot of right after 9/11 - just as he did a lot of wrong months and years following it.

completely agree. Bush after 9/11 did a fantastic job, its just a soon as our "era of good feelings" wore off that his performance started to slip

I will never forget Bush standing on top of the rubble with the rescue workers at ground zero. I can remember watching that live and it made me tear up a little. Bush's response to 9/11 was everything this country needed him to be. He was amazingly strong, yet very human. It's just a shame that he destroyed all of that support and all of those emotions by his actions later on in his presidency.

Yeah, I had no idea that Clinton had been THAT unpopular really.

The spike in W.'s approval after 9/11 is still startling to me.

Clinton was woefully unpopular because of the sex scandals; W's approval was so high because of the national pride after 9/11.

Obviously approval ratings have very little to do with actual skills and abilities at the job.

I will never forget Bush standing on top of the rubble with the rescue workers at ground zero. I can remember watching that live and it made me tear up a little. Bush's response to 9/11 was everything this country needed him to be. He was amazingly strong, yet very human. It's just a shame that he destroyed all of that support and all of those emotions by his actions later on in his presidency.

I think we saw Bush during those days, and we saw his ineptitude and listening to the wrong people in the years following....it is very sad. He was a good Governor, but a horrible President.

Bush was too loyal for his own good. And that loyalty was frequently poorly placed.

George W. Bush is a good man who meant the best, the same cannot about many of those around him.

Meaning well or having well intended reasons don't mean jack ****. The outcome is more important.

Why? They hated us for our freedoms, remember? That worked to perfection. Use a disaster, either created or otherwise, and use it to your advantage. People will be ASKING you to do those things, rage wars, take away the very freedoms we like to trump up for illusions of protection and security, they will want you to do that. Yes it all is so ridiculous when you look at it years afterward.

Just like how when you read our history over different points and say to yourself "What the **** were we thinking?" Too late in this case. 9/11 has become a major turning point and can't ever be seriously questioned just because they say so.

That would be "wage wars"...lol, but then, in this case....rage might be more suited...:cwink:

Yeah, kind of like how I feel about the genocide of Native Americans here in the US...and kind of how I feel about "The New Deal"....:yay:

Jesus Christ, can the man say something DIFFERENT......*sighs*....

We can't look back to failed policies WELL WHAT A ****IN DUH.....
We can't stand still..........................NO **** SHERLOCK....

*shakes head*

"Change is hard, especially in Washington".....YEP, especially when you aren't willing to go against lawyer friends, and get some Tort Reform moving....

I have confidence in this country, and its people.....I'm losing confidence in our leaders on a daily basis. REPUBLICAN AND DEMOCRAT.....

Just wow....

I think we saw Bush during those days, and we saw his ineptitude and listening to the wrong people in the years following....it is very sad. He was a good Governor, but a horrible President.

I agree.

You should have wrote-in Batman :o

Clinton was woefully unpopular because of the sex scandals; W's approval was so high because of the national pride after 9/11.

Obviously approval ratings have very little to do with actual skills and abilities at the job.

Yeah, that's true I suppose.

I just would have thought that 9/11 would have been seen as a failure on Bush's part and then perception leading to disapproval. I just thought, logically speaking, that would have been the cause and effect.

But, national pride was ****ing strong all right.

Bush was too loyal for his own good. And that loyalty was frequently poorly placed.

George W. Bush is a good man who meant the best, the same cannot about many of those around him.

I agree.

The leaking stories, coming out these past months, about his sort of passive agressive feud with Cheney probably speaks to how he saw things in a different light at some point in his presidency.

But, ultimately...we are judged by our actions and not our character. What we do, not who we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"