the Q&A...true after all?

jimmylace

Civilian
Reaction score
Okay, so this thread is coming from someone who is a *secret* fan of the spidey movies. I went through mebbe a year-long phase of comic book reading when I was about 8 and I've only read like 3 spiderman comics in my life. Why am I telling you this? No, it's not me assuring myself that I'm not a geek *well mebbe a little :) * but I just want you to know that I'm fairly care-free about what goes into the next movie...

so I don't have any prejudice as to whether venom should be in there or not etc. as long as it's on par with the others I'm happy.

BUT the more evidence that comes to light, the more I think that the Q&A was true.

For those that don't know *anyone?* the Q&A was posted by a guy claiming to be a sony "insider" on aintitcool.com a while ago. It was then removed at the request of sony. Now, the thing is the Q&A was sent along with fake pictures....so you'd think that the q&a must be bull**** wouldn't you? why would an "insider" send a real q&a with fake pics?

BUT why would sony want it removed if it werent true?! Well of course, they'd want anything removed pretty much..but damn they were REAL fast! I recently re-read the Q&A, and it seemed to feel more and more legit.

e.g the following:

Q2.Does the GG look cool,how much green does he have on him?

A. He looks cool as an individual idea.
But again, nothing remotely goblin like about him except the weapons, glider and some green on him.
No hood, the belts hold two swords.
One long one on his back, a smaller one on his right leg. Pumpkins bombs are in his glider. Goggles are black. He has a green mouthmask. Gloves are black. No idea why. Possible to make it more to his liking, a way to "improve".

Okay, it would make sense that the costume veered away from the ill-received gobby mask-we know that raimi is interested in showing as much of the actors face as possible *which is why parker is always ripping the thing off* to keep us involved. SO this seems to make sense...but it gets better.....

Q6.If spidey does wear the symbiote,what does it look like exactly?

A.The same costume as blue/red only black with all the scale detail and webbing over it. Not impressive. It looks like this because it stuck onto his old costume then it clung on Peter.

Remember that this Q&A was submitted BEFORE the teaser was released. So the guy got it right....educated guesswork? Well, if it was...it was pretty spot on.:spidey:

Q7.And how long does he wear the suit?

A.For right now, a good chunk since the movie is about Peter and how the symbiote possesses him, and the decisions he has to make.

This statment was made BEFORE elizabeth banks pretty much backed it up in a later interview with mtv.com.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/spider-mannews.php?id=4031

Q13.Who does Bruce Campbell play?

A.He has a cameo as somebody named Quentin Beck. (turns into
mysterio-villain in comics-fishbowl on his head)

Whilst anyone could make this guess,it's not a bad one as I doubt a character like Mysterio would ever make it to the big-screen.

Q20. Do GG2 and Spidey ever face off?

A.Yes. I will mention one fight scene at the beginning of the movie in particular. Harry in full GG Glory first attacks peter, and tosses him into the side of the building. This also where they have a huge aerial fight sequence leading to a chase into an alley where (yes as a previous plot spoiler had reported) Harry is knocked out and Peter saves him and brings him to a hospital.

Now, theres a blog of a guy in LA whose flat is near 2nd unit photography on the movie.He has posted pics of the cameras/rigs etc. and says theres a guy in a business like suit and a guy in a black body suit in an alley.
This could confirm harry/black suit spidey in an alley like the Q&A describes.....see?

http://blogdowntown.com/blog/2172

The Q&A also says that the symbiote arrives on a meteroite.

Now I remember when the official sony site first put up the B&W costume pic that it was done up to look like a "fake daily bugle issue." One of the headlines was something like "violent wild storm encompasses city."

What would explain severe weather in the movie? Electro? doubtful. the meteor? well it wouldnt surprise me that raimi would show a meteor coming down in a thunderstorm in a sort of retro 50's sci-fi way like that. So mebbe the Q&A is again,correct. (this also explains how they would fit venom in quickly without the secret wars)

The Q&A says that sandman is the main villain, with venom appearing at the very end in a final fight between GG2 (helping spidey) venom and sandman.

I remember reading an interview with thomas-hayden-church where he says that he is the main villain, with venom as a secondary villain. AGAIN this interview was conducted WAY after this Q&A first appeared.

The Q&A says that eddie dies,harry dies and aunt may also dies.

I can't imagine how great this movie will be if peter suffers all those losses whilst wearing the symbiote. I can't wait to see him go on the rampage-it's gonna be an emotional ride. A lot of interviews with the actors/raimi etc seem to confirm the idea that all the loose ends are tied up at the end of the picture. Just like the Q&A says. :eek:

So all in all, I think the Q&A is/was legit. The only downer is there is no mention of Gwen at all in it. I think it would be a smart move for them to kill of MJ and replace her with the gwen character,seeing as dunst is the only one who is fairly adamant of not appearing in another.

As far as I'm aware, raimi wanted to do 6,but laura ziskin only wanted three (hence the no loose ends request.) This would also explain the amount of story arcs and villains crammed into the *last?* movie. BUT I think that that situation may have changed and were likely to see a fourth. Personally I'd like to see mebbe 5/6 in total with the original cast....but anyway, the above is just my reasoning. I think the Q&A was real, what do you all think?

jimmylace said:
Okay, so this thread is coming from someone who is a *secret* fan of the spidey movies. I went through mebbe a year-long phase of comic book reading when I was about 8 and I've only read like 3 spiderman comics in my life. Why am I telling you this? No, it's not me assuring myself that I'm not a geek *well mebbe a little :) * but I just want you to know that I'm fairly care-free about what goes into the next movie...

so I don't have any prejudice as to whether venom should be in there or not etc. as long as it's on par with the others I'm happy.

BUT the more evidence that comes to light, the more I think that the Q&A was true.

For those that don't know *anyone?* the Q&A was posted by a guy claiming to be a sony "insider" on aintitcool.com a while ago. It was then removed at the request of sony. Now, the thing is the Q&A was sent along with fake pictures....so you'd think that the q&a must be bull**** wouldn't you? why would an "insider" send a real q&a with fake pics?

BUT why would sony want it removed if it werent true?! Well of course, they'd want anything removed pretty much..but damn they were REAL fast! I recently re-read the Q&A, and it seemed to feel more and more legit.

e.g the following:

Q2.Does the GG look cool,how much green does he have on him?

A. He looks cool as an individual idea.
But again, nothing remotely goblin like about him except the weapons, glider and some green on him.
No hood, the belts hold two swords.
One long one on his back, a smaller one on his right leg. Pumpkins bombs are in his glider. Goggles are black. He has a green mouthmask. Gloves are black. No idea why. Possible to make it more to his liking, a way to "improve".

Okay, it would make sense that the costume veered away from the ill-received gobby mask-we know that raimi is interested in showing as much of the actors face as possible *which is why parker is always ripping the thing off* to keep us involved. SO this seems to make sense...but it gets better.....

Q6.If spidey does wear the symbiote,what does it look like exactly?

A.The same costume as blue/red only black with all the scale detail and webbing over it. Not impressive. It looks like this because it stuck onto his old costume then it clung on Peter.

Remember that this Q&A was submitted BEFORE the teaser was released. So the guy got it right....educated guesswork? Well, if it was...it was pretty spot on.:spidey:

Q7.And how long does he wear the suit?

A.For right now, a good chunk since the movie is about Peter and how the symbiote possesses him, and the decisions he has to make.

This statment was made BEFORE elizabeth banks pretty much backed it up in a later interview with mtv.com.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/spider-mannews.php?id=4031

Q13.Who does Bruce Campbell play?

A.He has a cameo as somebody named Quentin Beck. (turns into
mysterio-villain in comics-fishbowl on his head)

Whilst anyone could make this guess,it's not a bad one as I doubt a character like Mysterio would ever make it to the big-screen.

Q20. Do GG2 and Spidey ever face off?

A.Yes. I will mention one fight scene at the beginning of the movie in particular. Harry in full GG Glory first attacks peter, and tosses him into the side of the building. This also where they have a huge aerial fight sequence leading to a chase into an alley where (yes as a previous plot spoiler had reported) Harry is knocked out and Peter saves him and brings him to a hospital.

Now, theres a blog of a guy in LA whose flat is near 2nd unit photography on the movie.He has posted pics of the cameras/rigs etc. and says theres a guy in a business like suit and a guy in a black body suit in an alley.
This could confirm harry/black suit spidey in an alley like the Q&A describes.....see?

http://blogdowntown.com/blog/2172

The Q&A also says that the symbiote arrives on a meteroite.

Now I remember when the official sony site first put up the B&W costume pic that it was done up to look like a "fake daily bugle issue." One of the headlines was something like "violent wild storm encompasses city."

What would explain severe weather in the movie? Electro? doubtful. the meteor? well it wouldnt surprise me that raimi would show a meteor coming down in a thunderstorm in a sort of retro 50's sci-fi way like that. So mebbe the Q&A is again,correct. (this also explains how they would fit venom in quickly without the secret wars)

The Q&A says that sandman is the main villain, with venom appearing at the very end in a final fight between GG2 (helping spidey) venom and sandman.

I remember reading an interview with thomas-hayden-church where he says that he is the main villain, with venom as a secondary villain. AGAIN this interview was conducted WAY after this Q&A first appeared.

The Q&A says that eddie dies,harry dies and aunt may also dies.

I can't imagine how great this movie will be if peter suffers all those losses whilst wearing the symbiote. I can't wait to see him go on the rampage-it's gonna be an emotional ride. A lot of interviews with the actors/raimi etc seem to confirm the idea that all the loose ends are tied up at the end of the picture. Just like the Q&A says. :eek:

So all in all, I think the Q&A is/was legit. The only downer is there is no mention of Gwen at all in it. I think it would be a smart move for them to kill of MJ and replace her with the gwen character,seeing as dunst is the only one who is fairly adamant of not appearing in another.

As far as I'm aware, raimi wanted to do 6,but laura ziskin only wanted three (hence the no loose ends request.) This would also explain the amount of story arcs and villains crammed into the *last?* movie. BUT I think that that situation may have changed and were likely to see a fourth. Personally I'd like to see mebbe 5/6 in total with the original cast....but anyway, the above is just my reasoning. I think the Q&A was real, what do you all think?
all that info you can get off the internet i got some of the info before any of the Q&As came out all the rest is bs

I would normally agree that it's possible the whole thing was faked but ...I never read any info about the costume just being a black version of the normal suit before the offical teaser came out.

And I can't think of how else the severe weather could be explained in the context of the movie other than a meteorite....?

jimmylace said:
I would normally agree that it's possible the whole thing was faked but ...I never read any info about the costume just being a black version of the normal suit before the offical teaser came out.

And I can't think of how else the severe weather could be explained in the context of the movie other than a meteorite....?
tornadoes hail storms ect...

I would bet anything that all those calling the Q&A bogus are gonna be kicking themselves when this movie comes out.

but they wouldnt just throw in a tornado for the hell of it-unless it had something to do with the story...although spidey in an armageddon type movie would be cool...

yeah me too spiderb

I mean I dont have any particular views on what the movie should be, but if it's like the Q&A I won't be dissapointed....it sounds like they've upped the action : )

There is no way in hell that Raimi would just kill Venom off like that. Do you know how pissed Spidey (well...Venom) fans would get?

very true!
the Q&A says that eddie dies but that the symbiote slithers off to find another host. so yeah, venom is sort of dead but sort of not.

jimmylace said:
very true!
the Q&A says that eddie dies but that the symbiote slithers off to find another host. so yeah, venom is sort of dead but sort of not.

Venom = Eddie Brock

Case closed.

jimmylace said:
very true!

God... I hope your just bustin my b*lls.:mad:

hey, I didnt write the Q&A but thats whats in there!!!

The thing is if eddie is more like a peter parker figure in THIS movie, then mebbe its better for venom fans if the symbiote attaches itself to someone else,whose maybe more violent in a different film without raimi. then you'd get a more bad-ass venom type character, only the name would be different. Kinda like the whole MJ/Gwen reversal thing.....

yeah, it seems to make sense-although killing off may seems a little off

jimmylace said:
yeah, it seems to make sense-although killing off may seems a little off

killing off May? What the f#ck about Venom?:mad:

post #30 Haha

But anyways, Jimmylace, I like what you said at the end. I just want to know, are they doing 3 movie, 6 movies, or we just dont know yet. Lately, I've heard they were going to do six but with a new cast. Honestly, I like Tobey as Spider-man but I got to agree, Kirsten isnt a great MJ. Daz ma 2 cent.

Sony didn't make them take it down. That was BS. ayear after spider-man 2 came out Sony confirmed that Church was the main nemesis.Elizabeth did not cofirrm any of the Q & A.

all of your reasoning is kind of useless jimmylace .

heheh no,I was directing mr vice to my post 12,it just so happened to be my twelth post! :eek:

I think there should be 5, mebbe 6 is pushing it...but no-one knows. The thing is id rather they did 5 with raimi and left it alone for 10 years rather than do 3 and then in 4 years do a ****ty 4th one. Its kinda like I dont want these movies undermined,they deserve a place in cinematic history. But if they do 5, then theres no reason for anyone else to want to do a spidey movie, cause raimi yknow,did it...case closed...theres your spidey movies and theyre as good as youre gonna get!:)

Well obviously I wouldnt agree- but banks confirmed that the movie is about the darker side of being a superhero and the decisions peter makes. IMO that goes in line with the Q&A saying the largest chunk of the movie is to do with peter and the symbiote,no? and this interview was WAY later than the Q&A...just an opinon is all. Im not 100 percent either way,but for a hoax...its held up pretty damn well so far!

maybe the symboite will find Cletus and make Carnage? i'd hate it, but it wouldn't suprise me.

i've always wondered what would happen if the symboite possesed a dead guy, would it give him life? would the symboite just use the bodie? maybe they could bring Brock back like that.

jimmylace said:
Well obviously I wouldnt agree- but banks confirmed that the movie is about the darker side of being a superhero and the decisions peter makes. IMO that goes in line with the Q&A saying the largest chunk of the movie is to do with peter and the symbiote,no? and this interview was WAY later than the Q&A...just an opinon is all. Im not 100 percent either way,but for a hoax...its held up pretty damn well so far!

I could have told you that before I ever saw a Q&A. common sense gives us more spoilers than these interviews.

but bear in mind the Q&A was out way before any indication of a black suit/symbiote storyline at all.....

jimmylace said:
but bear in mind the Q&A was out way before any indication of a black suit/symbiote storyline at all.....

no it wasn't. sorry, but your a newbie and you weren't around for everything that was leaked. Venom was leaked way before the Q&A.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"