Joey Q confirms villian(Spoilers)

Joe Q had some nasty things to say about the overall character of Venom in that interview.

James"007"Bond said:
Why on Earth is Quesada still in employment?
Because Marvel still sells more comics than DC.

Unfortunately.

While I definitely don't agree with Joe about Venom being a product of his times, he hit the nail on the head when he said he was overplayed.

Had Marvel not overused him and desaturated his character so much in the earlier nineties, I'm sure the bigwigs wouldn't hate him. Pity the bigwigs are blind morons who's policy on stuff they don't like is to ignore it. Idiots.

Symbiotica said:
Very true. This "he was a silly character" stuff is just smoke and mirrors to hide the current Marvel regime's intense dislike of both Brock, and anyone who happens to be wearing a symbiote. There have been many excellent stories concerning these individuals - Marvel just doesn't want to go there, because we all know people like the Sentry and "Spider-Woman" are oh so much more compelling. :rolleyes:

That's pretty much their attitude to any character they can't write. They find some excuse like "he's a product of the 90's". They've said that with both Venom and Carnage as if that's an excuse for bad storylines rather than admit that they wrote bad stories for the characters. I also believe that it's this attitude towards them that prevents them from writing better stories with characters that they dislike.

It's true that Venom needs to be re-worked but at the moment quite a lot of characters do. Like most characters he needs to evolve as well and not too mention dealing with the horrible storylines he was last involved in.

E.Brock said:
im not even gonna start on you cause if you dont see that as confirmation then all the classes you attend in school must be those corner rooms where the kids recieve special needs...its not raimi's job to personally tell everyone who the villian will be.

Look, all I'm saying is that confimation is undeniable proof. If you were to take this case to court, all the confirmations would be deemed hearsay and thrown out as evidence. I honestly hope Venom is in the movie, I would really love to see how a great director like Raimi would be able to rewrite an Anti-Hero that Marvel introduced because they couldn't get Wolverine into another book. He may actually make the character beleivable and fun to watch, who knows. As far as confirmation goes, I'll beleive it when I see it, if that makes me a special student, I'll be sitting in that room with Einstein, Da Vinci, and all the other people that never take anything at face value.

What the hell does that mean? Product of the 90's? Spider-Man is a product of the 60's but nobody is complaining about that! The 90's were only 6 years ago, so how can Venom be outdated yet, characters like Superman are still "fresh and new".

It's all a load of B.S cuz it does not matter when the character was created, just that the character is interesting and appeals to people.

wolfsfang said:
What the hell does that mean? Product of the 90's? Spider-Man is a product of the 60's but nobody is complaining about that! The 90's were only 6 years ago so how can Venom be outdated yet character like Superman are still "fresh and new".

It's all a load of B.S cuz it does not matter when the character was created, just that the character is interesting and appeals to people.

Well let's put it this way

60's gave us SpiderMan like the 90's gave us Spawn :p ick

The 60's were an age of creating complex character driven superheros while the 90's was about "extreme" everything. Muscle bound freaks that killed at will and had no real redeeming features. I don't think it's a matter of age, it's just a matter of quality.

Mister Gone said:
Well let's put it this way

60's gave us SpiderMan like the 90's gave us Spawn :p ick

The 60's were an age of creating complex character driven superheros while the 90's was about "extreme" everything. Muscle bound freaks that killed at will and had no real redeeming features. I don't think it's a matter of age, it's just a matter of quality.

Not the best example.

Spawn is my second fave character of all time

Venom
Spawn
Spidey

wolfsfang said:
Not the best example.

Spawn is my second fave character of all time

Venom
Spawn
Spidey

Ich, sorry.
I always though of Spawn and Venom as interchangable, except Spawn had guns.

I'm kind of a beleiver in story first then special effects, while the 90's flipped it around. Granted I like a good fight, but if there is no motivation behind it greater than violence for it's own sake? Not so cool.

Yes but people are still saying they don't like Venom because he was created in the 90's. If they don't like him because they think he is dull and his powers are a rip of of Spidey's then that is fine, but the only reason giving is cuz he was created in the 90's.

Sorry I just don't think the date a character was created should have any bearing on people liking or disliking them.

Oh and I like stories mainly but Spawn just appealed to me...the cool red cape and chains helped a lot.

I'm pretty sure Venom was created in the (late) eighties. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Spawn is the ultimate poster boy for everything that was wrong with the early to mid nineties in comic books. IMO, of course...

He might have been. But he is still referred to as a product of the 90's cus that was when he was more fully created as a character

The beginning of Spawn was awsome. Its the later work that really sucked. Jim Lees early 90s Xmen set the bar IMO for the rest of comics so to say the 90s were crap is BS. True you cant say the whole 90s were good simply because of one man and one line of comics but every decade has there lulls and highs. 90s were no different. Venom was used by Marvel as a cash cow and when people started to hate the way they were using the character they turned there back on it proclaiming him overdone.

Trome29 "It’s interesting that you bring him up because we just got out of a meeting in which we discussed Venom at length. [B said:
With Venom being one of the stars of the Spidey movie, we have some interesting ideas for him that may just make people take some notice. "[/B]

Just like everyone else has been saying, that comment made my blood run cold. I really want to hit Joe Q right now. Maybe I'm overreacting, but I do.

How many "confirmations" have we had exactly. If it's true, we've known about it for a LONG time. If not, we all look like friggin' idiots.

GreenMamba said:
I'm pretty sure Venom was created in the (late) eighties. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Spawn is the ultimate poster boy for everything that was wrong with the early to mid nineties in comic books. IMO, of course...
88/89 i believe. (I own Amazing Spider-Man #300, which was his official debut, and im pretty sure it was 88/89)

Trome29 said:
Over at www.newsarama.com there's a interview with Joey Q...their weekly interviews in fact that newsarama does every week...anyways there talkin about Venom and his character in the comics...he says..
"It’s interesting that you bring him up because we just got out of a meeting in which we discussed Venom at length. With Venom being one of the stars of the Spidey movie, we have some interesting ideas for him that may just make people take some notice. "

So he basicly confirmed Venom will be in Spidey 3....check out the article and read it for yourselves....

Who the Fook is Joey Q... and why do we care what the guy making Pasta on the Corner thinks about Venom? "they just got out of a meeting in which we discussed Venom at length"????

Unless this meatball works on the film, why does it matter that he discussed Venom in a meeting? Does it count if me and some firends of mine "cussed" errr... discussed :D Sandy???? And talk about "Dis"CUSSIN when we talk about Black Cat Scratchy. :D

The Black cat is a terrible character. If shes in this movie its an automatic thumbs down. I hate that *****.

GreenMamba said:
Would you like some blindness with your denial?

I "must" be blind, cause I see NO Denial in my post. The river or denial of "Facts" either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"