the Q&A...true after all?

well yeah thats the thing. if the QA is true and the symbiote goes off, it would make sense thatthe next villain was carnage. Then again, raimi said this movie strays from the comic further than the others. I think the symbiote taking over John Jameson would be cool-cause then it would create friction between MJ and pete-i.e sorry hun,but ive gotta kill your ex!

nah, if John Jameson was a bad guy, i'd rather he where moon wolf.

it'd be cool if the symboite found a guy called Ben Reilly, ii dont see why it has to be a real clone of peter, just a guy with the same powers and that name, who thinks he has control over a suit thats basically using him without him or anyone nowing until the end. i dont see why it couldn't change colours either, to make a more scarlet spider style thing.

ofcourse, i dont like that idea either, i'm just throwing it out there.

dude we already know that Topher is Venom. that was known before the Q&A. it was just some guy guessing. AICN just believes whatever some fan sends them, and then they post as an inside scoop. they are pretty bad.

who are you talking to? me?

i know he's venom, i'm talking about the next movie!

Im a forum newbie but have been on SHH and aintitcool for years....the only speculation I heard was about black suits-but thought it would be most likely black cat (it seemed to make sense as they were looking for a blonde *which turned out to be gwen*) People were throwing around the idea of venom/electro but never really until they announced topher. Alot of ppl (myself included) thought that venom would never be in a spidey movie because raimi apparently hated the character. I was real surprised to see a black suit so early in the series. and venom was never really leaked-we still dont know for sure......

yes, we do.

THC confirmed it, Kirsten D confirmed it, hell, even Ted Rami comfirmed it.

ben reilly could be cool,hes a parallel universe spidey isnt he? (not that familiar with comics)
although the whole clone thing is a little ott for this franchise (as it is) and Ive never thought a werewolf belonged in the spidey universe! I mean of all the powers spiderman has, the best adversary that marvel could think to add was...A DOG!!!!!?

jimmylace said:
ben reilly could be cool,hes a parallel universe spidey isnt he? (not that familiar with comics)
although the whole clone thing is a little ott for this franchise (as it is) and Ive never thought a werewolf belonged in the spidey universe! I mean of all the powers spiderman has, the best adversary that marvel could think to add was...A DOG!!!!!?

Ben Reily/Scarlet Spider is part of the regular continuity, or better known as 616.

to jimmylace.

no, Ben Reilly was a clone of Peter, i'm not getting into it, you dont want me to. but yeah, in the TV show he was the clone in a paralel universe.

Moon Wolf was the result of John Jameson going to the moon and finding some strange moon rocks. and spider-man has a lot of villians that couldn't touch him with a huge stick, but that dosn't matter to a lot of people, they are still considered great.

Im getting confused! lol

I believe that venom will be in the movie,and I want him to be, Im just saying that he wasnt a definate BEFORE the Q&A-my opinion differs to spider-bites on that front.

but SONY themselves havent confirmed venom..so its a technicality, but its still hearsay at this point until the trailers out.....

oh totally, ihateusernames but comics and movies are different things. I LOVE the vulture, but would he work in a movie? Alot of people on these boards would like kraven in a movie,but to me it would be near on impossible for that character AS IS to be in a movie and not be completely camp!

theres a character called Stilt-man?! hahaha I bet thats true as well.....

i know, and understand, i was just saying if he where in the movie, i would want him to be what he was created to be in the comics.
i'm not uptight, and accept changes from comics to movies, but i really would like the to keep the bad guys as the villians they are supposed to be.

i dont know about Vulture, but what i would love more than anything in the films, is for unexplained orgin bad guys... like, for the film to start with a fight with the Rhino, unexplained and such, just a fun spider-man fight that resembles the comics, with light hearted jokes and stuff.

like the first 10 minutes of the scooby doo movie, where it is actually like the TV show before turing into crap.

you are SO right.

It annoys me how,for some reason, all action in these films "HAS" to evolve from story. whats wrong with a bit of indulgence now and then?
Id like to see spiderman 3 start with a big set piece-taking on like 50 thugs at once a la matrix 2....but better!

and theres not enough helicopters or skyscrapers in these movies either : /

it would make my day, and probably be my favourite part of the film.

i dont see what the harm would be in it at all, they make out that everyone likes an origin so they can feel the emotion of a character, but honestly, if done right, it could be great.

image the titles just finsihed, and then all of a sudden, it smashes from the Rhino butting it, and were onto the film...

jimmylace said:
Im getting confused! lol

I believe that venom will be in the movie,and I want him to be, Im just saying that he wasnt a definate BEFORE the Q&A-my opinion differs to spider-bites on that front.

but SONY themselves havent confirmed venom..so its a technicality, but its still hearsay at this point until the trailers out.....

he had already been confirmed by Dunst as well as sfx designers.

well if thats the case then the Q&A is much easier to dismiss as guesswork. I suppose it depends on the meteor/storms, and the look of gg2. The only reason that I like the Q&A is that it explains to me the balance between ALL of these characters in terms of screen-time and the correct description of black suit spidey makes it feel more plausible than any old stab in the dark. I suppose we wont know until next year.....

yeah rhino would be cool. Id like the movie to start with spider-man and a v/o instead of pp. showing how hes more accustomed to being a hero-mebbe showing off to a crowd of ppl. My ideal start would be a v/o with spiderman freefalling of the empire state and webbing at the last minute to the cheers of onlookers. he could do lots of air-tricks whilst ppl cheer...and then boom! big **** off explosion! cue random robbers and a huge fight scene!....and then onto the story......what would be wrong with that? answer:nothing....

I'm sure it will deliver the goods...these films are getting progressively larger by the looks of things....

jimmylace said:
It annoys me how,for some reason, all action in these films "HAS" to evolve from story.

:D :D :D

Sorry, jimmy. I had to. :)

Spider-Bite said:
dude we already know that Topher is Venom. that was known before the Q&A. it was just some guy guessing. AICN just believes whatever some fan sends them, and then they post as an inside scoop. they are pretty bad.

That's not the only thing he was right about. The set pics from the alley totally seal his credibility. As much as people like to deny it, those pics show the exact scene he described. Harry's costume is black...he attacks Peter in an alley but gets knocked off his glider and Peter saves him and takes him to a hospital. In the pics we see a guy in a black costume laid out in an alley, and a guy dressed in a suit jumping down from the top of the alley to him. It's too accurate to be coincidence. And we've seen his myspace, where he lists Sony Pictures as one of the companies he works for. And I don't believe for one second that this guy would make up all that stuff AND go to the trouble of adjusting his myspace to back up his lie, just in case somebody happened to find him on there. Everything he said was logical. Usually these fakers get on here knowing NOTHING about the film industry, and it's very obvious from thir "scoops" that they're making it up. But everything this guy said made perfect sense, and we've seen nothing that disproves him. Everything we've seen so far has backed him up, in fact. As I said earlier, I would almost guarantee that when this movie comes out, all the disbelievers are going to be proven wrong.

[looks up at the evening sky anguished bewilderment, not unlike Linus in the pumpkin-patch]

OH GREAT VENEERS, WHERE ARE YOU?!

:)

If i ever meet raimi at leicester square Ill say that exact sentence and do the annoying finger thing to boot!!! : D

the only thing i'm anoyed at is, theres no suprise for me if this is true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"