Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. The RATINGS Thread

I just read that Hitfix article and I might have agreed with it last year but to me this season has been a big disappointment I'd like to see a season 3 just so they could correct some of the mistakes from this season.

From an interview with EP Michele Fazekas

Q: How do you feel about the show’s chances for a third season?

FAZEKAS: Bad. People have to watch the show. While I would love to see it continue on, it’s a bummer — a bummer for all of us, cast included. Everybody loves the job, everybody loves working together. I would love to see it live on, even if it’s in some other form, digital or whatever. I doubt that there’s a Netflix play for it. We’re not really involved in those decisions anyway. At the end of the day, people have to watch the show.
http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/marvels-agent-carter-cancelled-season-three-chances-bad/

Cancellation it is, then. :( While I was somewhat disappointed with season 2, it still sucks that we didn't get to see the many Agent/Director Carter adventures that might have been.

Yeah, the ratings never had to be good. They just had to allow ABC to make more money than airing reruns or filler in that timeslot. Unfortunately, I'm not convinced they did since it's not like the show was free to film. If they were just slightly higher, I feel like maybe you could get another four episodes or something just so ABC has something to put there, but it doesn't look like that's remotely a possibility.

It's a shame. Agent Carter is a fun enough show that it doesn't deserve to be Marvel Television's first failure.

Well at least they can play it off pretty easily:

"No this was only ever meant to be a mini-series! We got two seasons when it was only supposed to be one; we're very happy with how successful it turned out, and proud of the final product" blah blah blah etc.

I was pleasantly surprised when this show got a second season because it wasn't like the first season got spectacular ratings either (and I thought it was a better show than Agents of Shield, and the short that inspired the show is great). I don't know if its the period piece aspect or what but this concept doesn't seem to appeal to a big audience the way The Flash on the CW does.

Rumor is it's going to be renewed. Don't count it out yet.

I hope so, although I can't say I would if I was in charge of ABC (although I'm a sucker so I'd probably give it four episodes or something, which is probably why I shouldn't be in charge of ABC).

Well, until ABC officially says so, it's just a rumor.

A glimmer of hope.

I wouldn't take it to the bank just yet while at the same time I don't count it out.

If the decision to renew it had already been made, they'd have announced it with all the other recent renewals.

It's either still being considered or it's already cancelled.

I haven't kept up with the second season (more to being busy than dissatisfied with the show, though what I've heard isn't inspiring) but I think a third season could potentially happen. Marvel may be mulling over all of their options, trying to see what they could do to reinvigorate interest in the show.

I hope they are, would suck if this were to go away so quickly.

Keep the show, change showrunners and writers. give the fans what they want: 1940's super heroes.

So was season 2 any good? I gave up after episode 3.

So was season 2 any good? I gave up after episode 3.

General consensus is it was a bit of a disappointment. Terrific actors portraying interesting characters with great chemistry in a gorgeous setting wasn't enough to overcome a rather lackluster "black magic goo" story line.

Keep the show, change showrunners and writers. give the fans what they want: 1940's super heroes.
Was that what AC was supposed to be about?
I didn't get that vibe from the original short or season 1.

As shallow as this sounds, Atwell's good looks is the only thing that had me coming back week after week; if it weren't for that, i would have given up on this months ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"