Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. The RATINGS Thread

The unrounded ratings paint an even more bleak picture for this show:

0.92 (two hour premiere)

I'll be shocked if it doesn't drop to a rounded .7 for the next episode

Most, ppl, like myself are more into binge watching shows these days. Are the studios taking this new trend into consideration..?

No, unless you're watching the commercials that make the money that keeps the show on the air.

I think a big thing that's hurting the ratings this year are the Muppets are a very poor lead-in (averaging about what AC is now), NBC and FOX having stronger shows opposite this season, and a much weaker storyline compared to last season.

I don't think the story can be blamed. People didn't tune in in the first place to find out if it was good or bad to begin with.

The reality is, this show never should have been renewed based on the ratings from last season, and also on the fact that its parent show/timeslot co-occupant Agents of SHIELD has been bleeding viewers almost constantly since its premiere.

Agent Carter's last five episodes last season were rated 1.32, 1.31, 1.36, 1.40, and 1.32. Those are terrible numbers for a mini-series, especially since it only had two other airings from which to drop (the two hour premiere hit a 1.93 and the second episode a 1.48).

Galavant was another one that had no business being renewed. Same goes for American Crime.

Agent Carter, Galavant, and American Crime being renewed and tanking this season probably has a lot to do with ABC changing presidents today.

Note that I'm not saying any of this as an indictment of the quality of any of these shows.

New regime, new shows.

ABC's new president will try something else, the ratings for it are so low.

New regime, new shows.

ABC's new president will try something else, the ratings for it are so low.

Oh yeah I fully expect some house cleaning with shows on the bubble.

Many people are saying that because the previous president was British, he tried to schedule ABC like British networks do, heavily serialized with shorter orders and long breaks in the winter for even more limited run shows. This brought them critical acclaim on some series but led to a very limited bench from which to draw from when others failed and stuff that leaned heavily female. About his only successes are the Wednesday night comedy block and Thursday nights' Shondaland drama block.

I don't think the story can be blamed. People didn't tune in in the first place to find out if it was good or bad to begin with.

Well in a way story can be blamed. The marketing of Season 2 wasn't all that great, and I know the lack of comic characters and exploration of the Hydra plot as well the lack of certain characters like Angie turned a lot of people off because they don't see this as necessary viewing, thus lack the investment to tune in.

I hope this can at least get picked up by Netflix for a Season 3.

Agent Carter is TV’s best comic book show, so why is nobody watching?

"In its focus on character and theme, in its confidence, and in its execution,” says Alan Sepinwall, "it's just an incredibly entertaining television show, genre, source material, or parent company be damned."

A year ago, I would've agreed with that whole article
but after this season, it's a reach to say this is the best comic show on network TV
I do agree with the 'period piece' thing though, people say they love period dramas, and actors clearly love being in them, but they do crap ratings on TV and not so hot at the Box Office on film.

The show took a u-turn this season. Few are willing to admit it.

I don't agree in terms of quality - I've enjoyed this season as much as the previous one - but it's obviously tanked irreparably in the ratings, no denying that. The cancellation announcement is coming any time now, imo. And as I said previously, we've already gotten way more of this show than I ever expected to get, so I'm good with it. It was a good run for a character no one ever expected to spin-off in the first place.

Yeah the show barely escaped cancellation this time, so this season was sort of like a gift anyway.

I don't agree in terms of quality - I've enjoyed this season as much as the previous one - but it's obviously tanked irreparably in the ratings, no denying that. The cancellation announcement is coming any time now, imo. And as I said previously, we've already gotten way more of this show than I ever expected to get, so I'm good with it. It was a good run for a character no one ever expected to spin-off in the first place.
I have to agree. On average, the quality of this season has been in the same ballpark as season 1.

But... yea, I think the bottom completely falling out in terms of ratings is because of how desperately and obstinately the show has clung to season 1's formula. The characters are in the exact same place they were in season 1. Even their character arcs are almost identical to their season 1 character arcs.

Personally, it's been kinda frustrating because, I know that baby-SHiELD is right around the corner.

I know there's this young recruit named Niky Fury who could be entering the fray in a couple of years.

I know there's a nice framed photo of Tommy Lee Jones that only needs a nice wall to be hung on. :)

I know that Director Carter, the Howling Commandos, Howard Stark, Tommy Lee Jones' photo and the potential of young Nick Fury would make for a much more compelling show going forward.

If that was the season 2 we were getting, I'm pretty sure the show would have found an audience, and a solid one at that.

Yeah I'm pleased that Peggy Carter got two seasons of her own spin-off to begin with, that's pretty great in and of itself. I don't need a third season personally.

I have to agree. On average, the quality of this season has been in the same ballpark as season 1.

But... yea, I think the bottom completely falling out in terms of ratings is because of how desperately and obstinately the show has clung to season 1's formula. The characters are in the exact same place they were in season 1. Even their character arcs are almost identical to their season 1 character arcs.

Personally, it's been kinda frustrating because, I know that baby-SHiELD is right around the corner.

I know there's this young recruit named Niky Fury who could be entering the fray in a couple of years.

I know there's a nice framed photo of Tommy Lee Jones that only needs a nice wall to be hung on. :)

I know that Director Carter, the Howling Commandos, Howard Stark, Tommy Lee Jones' photo and the potential of young Nick Fury would make for a much more compelling show going forward.

If that was the season 2 we were getting, I'm pretty sure the show would have found an audience, and a solid one at that.

I can agree to that
This season has been too much of a re-tread

After Peggy proving her worth last season, this season should've been about her taking s**t over

If, by the grace of God, this show gets a season 3 it should be all about the creation of SHIELD. really an't fathom why they didn't portray that this season. The writers must've known this could be their last chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"