Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to see all episodes this year to do better then the episode # from the previous season(ie Lazarus did better then Savior, Shield did better then Metallo, etc). So much for people who predicted doom and gloom and how this show can't survive without Chloe

I'm pretty sure no one ever actually said that...

I don't remember anyone saying the show couldn't survive without Chloe. I do remember people saying the show couldn't survive the Friday night timeslot. And they were wrong.

I'm pretty sure no one ever actually said that...

lol well maybe not in those words but a few overzealous Chloe fans did predict the ratings would drop a decent amount(usually with statements the show will be lucky to break 2M viewers) when Chloe is gone

While I don't think Chloe leaving is the reason for the slight spike in ratings(I would say it the combo of last season and having a much better show after it) the fact the first 5 episodes have all done better then the same episode # from the previous season(by an average of more then 250k) puts a smile on my face that it would be hard for them to claim Chloe has a major impact on people's viewing habits.

Last edited:
lol well maybe not in those words but a few overzealous Chloe fans did predict the ratings would drop a decent amount when Chloe is gone

I think people said the same things about Lana and Lex...

I think people said the same things about Lana and Lex...

That was my main counter arguement to Chloe leaving. If Lex and Lana combined only dropped the show 300-350k viewers(which was less then 10% of the audience and some of that was most likely due to the downfall in ratings on a yearly basis), no way Chloe could drop 10% of the viewing audience(~200-250k) by herself

some fans are nutty at times, but yea being last season, and writing/etc... stuff being pretty solid is probably the main reason for rating.

That was my main counter arguement to Chloe leaving. If Lex and Lana combined only dropped the show 300-350k viewers(which was less then 10% of the audience and some of that was most likely due to the downfall in ratings on a yearly basis), no way Chloe could drop 10% of the viewing audience(~200-250k) by herself

I hadn't expected it to do much harm, really.

I think most people, myself included, watch the show for Clark.

lol well maybe not in those words but a few overzealous Chloe fans did predict the ratings would drop a decent amount(usually with statements the show will be lucky to break 2M viewers) when Chloe is gone

While I don't think Chloe leaving is the reason for the slight spike in ratings(I would say it the combo of last season and having a much better show after it) the fact the first 5 episodes have all done better then the same episode # from the previous season(by an average of more then 250k) puts a smile on my face that it would be hard for them to claim Chloe has a major impact on people's viewing habits.

Yeah, I think the spike in ratings has to do with this being the final season. People are curious to see how this series will end.

Anyone think CW is regretting their decision that this is the final season of Smallville? It probably wasn't up to them, but if the choice was solely on them, we would be getting season 11

Anyone think CW is regretting their decision that this is the final season of Smallville? It probably wasn't up to them, but if the choice was solely on them, we would be getting season 11

I am guessing a big part of the reason for the improved ratings this season is announcing it's the last season(although I would love to put the blame on Chloe personally, j/k). If they didn't announce that I could see the ratings doing slightly worse then last year.

well i am sure cw is going to miss smallville. but its the right time to end the show, and i agree sv fan having it offically be the last season is a helpful thing with ratings spike.

Unbelievable that Harvest got 2.93 because I thought it would be the same as Isis' last week. I hope for a spin-off. This is proof positive that the show can survive without the likes of Lois, Lex, Lana, and Chloe. However, the show can't survive without Clark because he's the main character. :super:

would be nice if there was a spin off in the works. But it doesnt look to be in the cards as of now. And well not from kelly/brian since they are developing a show for cbs once sv wraps. IT would be so nice if we did. But yea never count out the show, ratings are a tricky thing to peg, you think one thing will do well and it flops and another does well. Its great sv is doing well for the end. So i would figure next week with next week episode with return of general lane and lucy along with the sucide squad stuff we will probably score solid numbers too.

wow. I'm surprised at the high ratings. You would think people would be out on Halloween weekend...

The ratings and screentimes are blowing away last season's. :super:

wow. I'm surprised at the high ratings. You would think people would be out on Halloween weekend...

I didn't expect the ratings to go as high as they did for the same reason. The only major difference ignoring halloween from last week to this week was last week there was a big baseball game, but I don't think that itself would cause a bump of 320k viewers.

Its nice sv has such a rabid and loyal fans watching all the time.

I'd credit this to there being less convulated, soap opera plots and more enjoyable Lois/Clark screentime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"