Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. The RATINGS Thread

Yup. Writing, meet wall. Enjoy this season because it's the last we're gonna get. And that blows.

While I acknowledge that the ratings are not good. Just because she's in a pilot is not 100% surefire guarantee that AC is getting the axe.

1) just because something has been ordered for pilot does not mean it will make it to series. Plenty of things get pilots made but don't make the final cut with the studio

2) Since AC is a limited series as it is (meaning less episodes (by at least half) of your typical 22 episode series), and airs during winter break - it has a slightly different production schedule. Which they could probably work around *if* this pilot gets picked up for series.

If Agent Carter goes away - and that seems likely - I'd love to see Margaret and Edwin return for annual TV specials keeping us up to date on goings on in her neck of the MCU.

Last edited:
Marvel should just go back to the Short films, and feature Carter and Jarvis's exploits throughout the years setting up SHIELD
Do a different time-period/setting with each MCU film

Atwell to star in new ABC pilot:

In case of a series order for Conviction and an improbable renewal of [Agent Carter], ABC sources indicate that there is a scenario where she could possibly do both shows, potentially both as limited runs. But Atwell’s casting as the lead of a new project by the same network and studio indicate that Agent Carter is probably going away…

http://deadline.com/2016/02/agent-carter-hayley-atwell-star-conviction-abc-pilot-1201699699/

That should make the less is more *******s happy. 2 mini seasons of Agent Carter won't even make a full season of normal shows.

While I acknowledge that the ratings are not good. Just because she's in a pilot is not 100% surefire guarantee that AC is getting the axe.

1) just because something has been ordered for pilot does not mean it will make it to series. Plenty of things get pilots made but don't make the final cut with the studio

2) Since AC is a limited series as it is (meaning less episodes (by at least half) of your typical 22 episode series), and airs during winter break - it has a slightly different production schedule. Which they could probably work around *if* this pilot gets picked up for series.
Yes not 100%, but I think this makes Agent Carter getting renewed extremely unlikely. I find it improbable that ABC is going forward with a proposed new show with Atwell as a lead if the plan was to renew Agent Carter.

I don't know if this is recency bias because I really did not enjoy the most recent episode (s02e05), but I'm in the "so be it" camp.

I think the best way forward at this point would be to table the show for a couple of years. Then we could move forward in the show's chronology about 5 or even 10 years to a fully operational (but still fledgling) SHIELD, Howling Commandos, Tommy Lee Jones cameo et al. Maybe a limited Netflix run would be the way to go.

Am I the only one that's a little bummed that this wasn't the show they set out to make in the first place?

I think the best way forward at this point would be to table the show for a couple of years. Then we could move forward in the show's chronology about 5 or even 10 years to a fully operational (but still fledgling) SHIELD, Howling Commandos, Tommy Lee Jones cameo et al. Maybe a limited Netflix run would be the way to go.

Am I the only one that's a little bummed that this wasn't the show they set out to make in the first place?

I thought the Howling Commandos were the weakest part of The First Avenger. I didn't mind their appearance on Agent Carter, but I didn't want them to stick around, either.

The show hasn't exactly been what I expected (I thought we'd see how Hydra infiltrated S.H.I.E.L.D., but then maybe they would have gotten to that later), but I really liked the first season, and I'm enjoying the second.

I wish this show had been on the CW. I bet the Flash and iZombie audiences would've loved this.

I have to agree with some of the comments made here. This show is trending in the wrong direction. This latest episode was not only pretty boring but just generally not well done. I hope it continues on, but I just don't see it happening. Whatever happens, I just hope that Marvel keeps something in this winter break slot between the first and second halves of AoS, hopefully something featuring an actual superhero.

I've been enjoying this season - including the most recent episode - with the exception of the Jason/Peggy romance. He's hot but dull as dishwater. He isn't going to be the guy who marries Peggy so all of their mooning over one another feels like a waste of time.

Yeah I always half expect Wilkes to say "Aw Shucks" or "Gee Golly Miss Carter" whenever he's on screen

he was more interesting when it seemed like he might've been evil and playing Peggy, but I guess there's only so many times people can fool Peggy before she seems like the world's worst spy

^Because the only thing we know about her husband is that Cap saved him in Europe. I think we've already been informed that Wilkes didn't serve - actually, lol, now I'm not sure. We do know, however, that Sousa fought in Europe.

My memory was that he said he did serve in the war (I thought that was how he was able to be accepted in his field).

I thought he was Navy.

Still possible he was saved. Naval ship sunk in the Mediterranean, captured and sent to that POW camp, rescued by Cap. I don't recall Navy, but it's certainly not a bar to this being her future husband.

Still possible he was saved. Naval ship sunk in the Mediterranean, captured and sent to that POW camp, rescued by Cap. I don't recall Navy, but it's certainly not a bar to this being her future husband.

I agree.

Clearly I had completely forgotten about Wilkes's Navy experience. So it's possible that Sousa and his injury at Bastogne(?) are a red herring and Wilkes will be her future husband. I hope not since Wilkes bores me while Sousa's been growing on me.

I'd say it's more likely that she ends up with Sousa and that Wilkes and Sousa's girlfriend are obstacles along the way, but yeah, they set it up so that it could be Wilkes.

Maybe they could hook up Wilkes and Whitney Frost. They're smart, they're underappreciated, they've got dark matter on the brain...

As far as I recall, the story that Peggy told was not in regards to (specifically) a POW camp. It was that half a battalion had been 'trapped behind German lines' and that there was a "Hydra blockade that had pinned our allies down for months" that Cap fought through to get them.

Don't mistake Peggy's story that she tells in TWS for the liberation we saw in CA:TFA at the factory (when he saved Bucky and the men that would become the Howling Commandos). Peggy's story is a different event from that - one we didn't see on screen (though we would have if they had decided to open The Winter Soldier with a flashback as originally story-boarded)

Smart money's on Sousa but unless they get their by the end of this season, it's unlikely we'll ever know.

It is odd that Peggy would describe the event that way if it was Bastogne, when she could say it was in the siege of Bastogne.

Interestingly the extended version of that interview mentions the location of the siege as Russia.

Heard this got cancelled. :(
As far as I'm aware, nothing has been announced from ABC/Marvel yet. Some sites are simply taking the news that Hayley has another tv project that she's signed on for as confirmation that AC has gotten the ax, which is not necessarily the case.

As I said earlier in this thread, I'm not saying that the ratings situation isn't concerning. But an order for a pilot is not a guarantee that a series will be picked up. Even if this new series does get picked up, AC as a mid-season 8-10 episode series has a different production schedule than the average 22 episodes series, so her schedule could be worked around if needs be.

ABC typically announces their renewals and cancellations/non-renewals during their up-fronts in May. We probably won't hear anything concrete until that. I would take anything 'reported' until then worth a grain of salt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"