Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. The RATINGS Thread

Silvermoon

Made To Be Ruled
Reaction score
Post for Agent Carter's Ratings (for those of us that like to keep track/discuss this type of thing)

For our first night of the show, according to http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/marvels-agent-carter-season-one-ratings-35179/

Tuesday January 6 (Initial/Overnight numbers)
EP1: 2.0 (18-49 Demo), 7.4 million viewers
EP2: 1.8 (18-49 Demo), 6.3 million viewers

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...-me-falls-chicago-fire-forever-steady/346561/ Lists the overall initials/overnights as 1.9 (18-49 rating/demo), 6.86 million viewers but they appeared to combine and average out the 2 episodes since it was a 2 hour premiere (for anyone wondering why TVBTN has a different rating listed)

We'll see if the final numbers adjust any later today (AOS hasn't been having any adjustments lately, so I'm not really expecting AC to)

------------------------------------

(I will *try* to keep the below updated with each episode, I can't guarantee it though)

Final Live+SD Ratings for Season 1:
Ep .... 18-49 rating/demo ..... viewers (millions)
E01.... 1.9 .... 6.9m
E02.... 1.9 .... 6.9m
E03.... 1.5 .... 5.1m
E04.... 1.3 .... 4.6m
E05.... 1.3 .... 4.2m
E06.... 1.4 .... 4.25m
E07.... 1.4 .... 4.15m
E08.... 1.3 .... 4.02m
- Season 1 Final Average: 1.5 .... 5.02m

Live+7 Ratings for Season 1:
Ep .... 18-49 rating/demo ..... viewers (millions)
E01.... 3.0 .... 10.16m
E02.... 3.0 .... 10.16m
E03.... 2.3 .... 7.66m
E04.... 2.3 .... 7.16m
E05.... [Not Available]
E06.... 2.3 .... [N/A]
E07.... 2.2 .... 6.25
E08.... 2.2 .... [N/A]
- Season 1 Average: 2.47 .... 8.28m

Last edited:
Those are pretty encouraging. My wife gave it a shot (if playing on your phone counts), but said it was too boring and went to bed at 9. If AC performs similar to AoS, then I strongly suspect we'll get a second season.

yeah that's a good start
but it'll probably shed the extra viewers as they see that it's somewhat continuity heavy, and end up closer to the AoS ratings over the next few episodes

And that's going up against a new and key NCIS episode! That NCIS episode was a tie-in to all the key past death episodes and really their biggest effort in the past five seasons.

Please just do well enough for more seasons. Please!!!

The commentary for the two episodes' ratings are all over the place. It's either solid, expected, MEH!, okay…. I'm just now watching "Bridge and Tunnel" and I'm in love with it, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the Live+7 and next week's episode does gangbusters.

I wasn't thrilled about the pilot, to be honest, but I did enjoy the second episode. Obviously, I'm a huge MCU fan, so I will keep watching. I think the 3rd episode will really turn some heads, especially if the Howling Commandos show up.

The numbers are a little disappointing but not surprising to me. Still, they aren't terrible and based on the positive responses to the episodes, I think they have a strong chance for growth, especially after everyone catches up online, on DVR and VOD. I think this show will get a huge boost from the Live+7 numbers.

Based on all the reviews and posts I've managed to read from around the blog-o-sphere the consensus appears to be significantly better than AoS when it premiered in season 1.

Based on all the reviews and posts I've managed to read from around the blog-o-sphere the consensus appears to be significantly better than AoS when it premiered in season 1.
AoS had an extremely good premiere from a ratings standpoint, and if you check RT it also had great reviews.

Yeah the SHIELD pilot was pretty unanimously praised, it was episode 3 or so iirc where people started getting really frustrated

and also, I didn't really notice much of a difference from episode 1 to 2
the gf and I both thought it was just one long episode
I mean, yeah, the second hour picked up, but that's what always happens in the second half of a film or show, so I didn't think much of it
totally didn't realize Joe Russo directed the second part, I would've looked for the signs more

Solid ratings!
I like the interview with Haley Atwell where she alludes her desire, or is ellaborating on one possible scenario for future seasons, in that each season moves into another decade.

S1=1946
S2=1950 something
S3=1960 something
S4=1970 something
S5=1980 something

In the 50's maybe we get Jim Hammond/Original Human Torch &/or Union Jack
About the 60's a young Hank Pym could be cast
About the 70's an up and coming SHIELD agent named Fury could show up
About the 80's looking into the disappearance of a 10yr old kid by alien abduction could happen.

I like those ratings and think we'll see a healthy enough retention. If so I'd like to see this path as laid out by Atwell done. Not to mention as the decades roll HYDRA's growth within is happening.

AoS had an extremely good premiere from a ratings standpoint, and if you check RT it also had great reviews.

I realize that but I was more talking about just from listening around at vlogs and blogs and message boards where the reception is decidedly more positive with this show. Sure it's not a scientific sampling, but that's what I've observed so far.

Yeah the SHIELD pilot was pretty unanimously praised, it was episode 3 or so iirc where people started getting really frustrated

and also, I didn't really notice much of a difference from episode 1 to 2
the gf and I both thought it was just one long episode
I mean, yeah, the second hour picked up, but that's what always happens in the second half of a film or show, so I didn't think much of it
totally didn't realize Joe Russo directed the second part, I would've looked for the signs more

It's funny on a personal note because I disliked the 1st two episodes yet once they got to #3 and some real Marvel mythos stuff with Hall I liked it more for episodes #3 & 4. Then they did that Scorch episode and it dropped way back down for me to the pits again for several episodes. It's hard for me to put myself in the shoes of the uninitiated to guess how they'll react to these things.

Solid ratings!
I like the interview with Haley Atwell where she alludes her desire, or is ellaborating on one possible scenario for future seasons, in that each season moves into another decade.

S1=1946
S2=1950 something
S3=1960 something
S4=1970 something
S5=1980 something

About the 80's looking into the disappearance of a 10yr old kid by alien abduction could happen.

I like those ratings and think we'll see a healthy enough retention. If so I'd like to see this path as laid out by Atwell done. Not to mention as the decades roll HYDRA's growth within is happening.

If they do that(and I like the sounds of it) then I'd expect the Anton Vanko subplot to come to a head and him get deported in season 3.

Solid ratings!

S1=1946
S2=1950 something
S3=1960 something
S4=1970 something
S5=1980 something

I wouldn't mind something like that,but I think they'd have to cut it off around the early 70's.Say around the time a young Nick Fury is introduced.

Otherwise,Peggy would be at least in her 60's by the 1980's and I doubt they'd have a 60 y/o Peggy played by Haley caked in age make up.

It improved over Agents of SHIELD in the same timeslot. The interesting numbers will be the ones that come out on Sunday, the Live+ numbers.

I think this is a better show then AoS, I lIke the look of the show, the action, the James Bond type gadgets.

Ehhh. . . I'm rather kind of dubious of the idea that they should continue the show decades into the future. While it doesn't bother me as much as some people I know, when you get down to it? SHIELD kind of has a doomed future, what with being infiltrated and corrupted from within by HYDRA. In these early days, you can focus on the promise rather than the fate, but if you push the show into the 60s and 70s, nevermind the 80s? You *really* can't avoid the show being a huge tragedy, and having it at least tacitly be Peggy Carter's fault.

Better to keep her own show in the 40s, and *maybe* 50s, and let the focus remain on the evils she and her allies fought against in the early days. This not only is a brighter topic, it also helps establish that SHIELD *wasn't* pointless, and that even if it did get corrupted, it also did genuinely good and necessary things.

Well yeah Agent Carter's time is limited we're not sure how much further she stayed on after Howard dies.

Almost 7 million viewers seems pretty good to me. TV viewership is so fragmented these days with DVR, Netflix, streaming.

How can you tell what's acceptable? What would have been a disappointment and conversely, a huge success?

It's a solid number, and it's future past this season will all depend on how it holds those numbers.

But almost 7 million TV viewers is better than any Shield episode in over a year, multiples better than Flash or Arrow and is what Gotham's return episode just did (even though it's not as strong in the bizarrely over coveted prime demographic as Gotham)

Last edited:
Well yeah Agent Carter's time is limited we're not sure how much further she stayed on after Howard dies.

Yeah, Howard died in 1991 when Peggy was 72. So she could have retired from SHIELD even before that.

I just hope there's a minimal drop in the numbers next week. These numbers would actually be very good for a normal series average. It's only because they're premiere numbers that they're a little worrying to me, just because there's usually such a noticeable drop after premieres. But if they hold fairly steady next week, I'll have high hopes for another season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"