The Return of Bruce Wayne hits in April

33kgj1c.jpg

Who wants to guess Mordecai Wayne will be referenced or he *is* Bruce? :p

Wow. Good find. What issue is that from?

Batman R.I.P #5 page 12.

that reminds me of the Red Dwarf/Futurama paradox episodes. Bang your ancestor, Bruce!

that reminds me of the Red Dwarf/Futurama paradox episodes. Bang your ancestor, Bruce!

Lol this reminds me of the joke suggestion that Batman lives thruy caveman eras thru the lazarus pit and thruouth the years becomes insane and wants to kill his youngerself. (Hence Batman becomes Ras al' ghul) :awesome:

COWBOY BATMAN!!!!! F**K YES!!!!

i've really enjoyed everything morrison has done on batman so far. i look forward to enjoying this. it just sounds like a fun adventure.

SOunds like it belongs in a comic book, just a damn good comic story!

Maybe its me, but this whole premise seems lame. "Return is a fairly intricate time-travel story in which the world's greatest hero, the optimum man, is up against the supreme challenge to his ingenuity and skill. How does Batman get out of the ultimate trap? It has a mystery and an apocalyptic countdown going on, there are some major twists and reveals, and it sets up big changes to the Batman universe status quo.

If I had a dollar for every time DC has said that over the years I would be Bill Gates.

Both Marvel and DC are way too obsessed with status quo changing, and its getting extremely annoying. Mark my words it'll bite them in the ass soon.

That said, I'm glad Bruce is coming back but i do not want Morrison writing him. Morrison makes Bruce Wayne way too much like some kind of superhuman. I know that Batman is the ultimate badass and all but Morrison takes it to another level. Part of the appeal of batman is that even though he's so good at what he does, at the end of the day he's still just an ordinary human being with no powers and he still has the same limitations that every human being has.

I forget what issue of R.I.P. it was, but there was a flashback where bruce wayne was sitting at a table with some guy and that guy had poisoned Bruce's cup. Turns out that Bruce is so incredibly fast that he was able to physically switch the cups when the other guy blinked his eye. A blink. thats like a fraction of a second. Not even superman could do that without the other person noticing something happened. I know it sounds like i'm nitpicking but Morrison has bats doing all sorts of off the wall things like that that has me like "Really? Really?".

Last edited:
Reborn is still going on, but he popped up in one of the Dark Avenger issues that was set after Reborn's end continuity wise. So, he's technically back
Yea he was in the New Avenger Annual too

Quantum Leap but with Batman jumping in and out of different eras? Sounds like fun, sign me up. It isn't how I thought Bruce's return would play out, but this could be really interesting. And I'm fine with the timing. Seeing a fake Black Lantern Batman a couple of weeks ago made me miss the real Bruce.

Also: That's a great catch with Mordecai Wayne, Drz. I wonder if Bruce will end up being somehow responsible for the Wayne family fortune. That'd be a lot to wrap my head around.

Lol this reminds me of the joke suggestion that Batman lives thruy caveman eras thru the lazarus pit and thruouth the years becomes insane and wants to kill his youngerself. (Hence Batman becomes Ras al' ghul) :awesome:

Damn, cant believe someone still remembered that. It's going to be awesome when not only does that come true, but the reason the Waynes are so rich is because of Bruce running around in the past making the 'right' decisions.

Quantum Leap but with Batman jumping in and out of different eras? Sounds like fun, sign me up. It isn't how I thought Bruce's return would play out, but this could be really interesting. And I'm fine with the timing. Seeing a fake Black Lantern Batman a couple of weeks ago made me miss the real Bruce.

Also: That's a great catch with Mordecai Wayne, Drz. I wonder if Bruce will end up being somehow responsible for the Wayne family fortune. That'd be a lot to wrap my head around.

Quantum Leap is what I thought of when I heard about this too! :D

Cap Back in the latest Iron-man we see both Steve and James

Damn, cant believe someone still remembered that. It's going to be awesome when not only does that come true, but the reason the Waynes are so rich is because of Bruce running around in the past making the 'right' decisions.

Yeah, there's no way that is going to come true. Maybe in an Elseworlds or something, but not in mainstream continuity.

Well, obviously.

It sounds like an awesome mini, each issue deals with 2 of his time periods or something right? Maybe it'll be him telling Tim this story at the end of the mini and it's just him narrating the entire thing, ya know?

And don't ask me how, but maybe we'll find out that Bruce is his own Great-great-great-great grandfather.

He'll have to do the nasty in the past-y.

"Don't buy betamax"

ha ha, bruce should kill his own parents to ensure he becomes batman ha ha ha.

They pretty much did that in Superman/Batman a while ago.

...can we one day maybe get a batman story that isn't a straight rip off of brubaker's cap run? because that's more or less all dc has done since bru left batman :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"