The Return of Bruce Wayne hits in April

as i said in another thread: as if morrison is so suddenly desperate for ideas that he had to go and blatantly rip off brubaker. that is a ridiculous and offensive charge. this has been planned out for years.

The easiest way to keep Bat's forever young (or at least young enough to have adult sidekicks and still be running around in tights for the next 40 years.) Is to go the Green Arrow route and have him come back in a younger body. All the memories and skills learned from nearly 30 some odd years of training and crime fighting, in the body of a, I don't know, 25 year old.

but the omega saction and beam have been established long time to have all sorts of intriquing aspects. When captain america was shot, it was a clear shot. It was a bullet that killed him. Then 2 years after *bam* it turns out to be a magical bullet all the sudden. Thats cheap shock value right there. ;(

this. Imo this kind of thing goes much better with what morrison's been doing on batman than it does with what brubaker's done with cap.

qft

To be fair, you can't say that what Bru was doing with his story was just kinda thrown together either. Looking back, Skull was wheeling and dealing with Doom for his magic and time machine before Caps death. The stuff with Sharon and Skull trying to put his soul into her baby? He just kinda came up with that when he found out she was knocked up with Cap's kid. So, they never did say what he needed with all that Doom stuff, until Reborn. Makes perfect sense.

Agreed, Bru's stuff on Cap hasn't been that misplaced if you're familiar with some of the stuff introduced earlier in his run. Though, I will say, I doubt anyone is ripping anyone off, but it has been bizarre how these two franchises have seen so many parallels lately

"ripping off" and "borrowing themes" are completely different things.

I don't think either one of them are really happening. I think they are just instances of two writers and/or companies having similar ideas at the same time. It does happen like that sometimes.

Yeah, there are a lot of similarities between the plot points if you take them out of context, but I don't see Brubaker or Morrison as the kinds of writers to plagiarize. It's coincidental.

The easiest way to keep Bat's forever young (or at least young enough to have adult sidekicks and still be running around in tights for the next 40 years.) Is to go the Green Arrow route and have him come back in a younger body. All the memories and skills learned from nearly 30 some odd years of training and crime fighting, in the body of a, I don't know, 25 year old.

Didn't Morrison do this during the Resurrection of Ra's Al Ghul? Batman was fighting the Father of Ra's at Nanda Parbat in front of the fountain of life there. He gets him arm broken and just generally gets beaten then goes into the fountain of life and gets healed. I thought that also restored his body to it's prime.

Didn't Morrison do this during the Resurrection of Ra's Al Ghul? Batman was fighting the Father of Ra's at Nanda Parbat in front of the fountain of life there. He gets him arm broken and just generally gets beaten then goes into the fountain of life and gets healed. I thought that also restored his body to it's prime.

Ras stabs the **** out of him in the chest and kicks him into the Laz Pool

Geez, what a jerk. It's getting so you can't trust any immortal would-be world conquerors these days. :csad:

33kgj1c.jpg

Who wants to guess Mordecai Wayne will be referenced or he *is* Bruce? :p

Don't mind me for quoting myself. Guess what Batman and Robin 10 revealed today. :awesome:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"