"The ROLO Factor": Wolverine & Storm's Relationship

Status
Not open for further replies.
hunter rider said:
I can almost see the pitch for SS now

Rothman:" I gots it guys,lets get rid of the philosophy and the proper origin,our Surfer is a dude played by Paul Walker who surf's the raddest waves in Malibu who gets hit by a cosmic storm lightning bolt that turns him into the silver surfer. His step dad is jake Galactus,owner of a million dollar company that is dumping toxic waste into Surfers beloved ocean,he must stop his step dad at all costs--half baked FX,Bad dialogue and hijinks ensue:o
OMG Paul WALKER hahahaa... JAKE GALACTUS hahahaHAA....TOXIC WASTE!!! HAHAHAHAHAAA....
*Sentinel realizes how true it is* :(

Counsel: Commander, What do you think are our chances?

Commander Locke: If I were you I wouldnt ask me that right now, I would ask him *points to some really optimistic person at SHH*

Counsel: Why is that Commander?

Commander Locke: Because he's the one that believes everyone at FOX is a GOD!

*Looks at post*... I may just parody the matrix all day
icon6.gif

pejo said:
Oh, yes. What's the ability to overcome death and resurrect oneself, telekinetically obliterate a man and overpower the most powerful telepath on the planet compared to some lightning bolts, precipitation and winds? Poor Phoenix...how ever will her unlimited powers overcome those wicked rain drops? Perhaps Batman will help her...with prep time, of course.

Don't tempt me. :o

Angry Sentinel said:
OMG Paul WALKER hahahaa... JAKE GALACTUS hahahaHAA....TOXIC WASTE!!! HAHAHAHAHAAA....
*Sentinel realizes how true it is* :(

Counsel: Commander, What do you think are our chances?

Commander Locke: If I were you I wouldnt ask me that right now, I would as him *points to some really optimistic person at SHH*

Counsel: Why is that Commander?

Commander Locke: Because he's the one that believes everyone at FOX is a GOD!

*Looks at post*... I may just parody the matrix all day
icon6.gif
If only this little exchange was but the caustic/perverse humour of 2 SHH members and not a facsimilie of the inevitable truth:up: :(

pejo said:
Oh, yes. What's the ability to overcome death and resurrect oneself, telekinetically obliterate a man and overpower the most powerful telepath on the planet compared to some lightning bolts, precipitation and winds? Poor Phoenix...how ever will her unlimited powers overcome those wicked rain drops? Perhaps Batman will help her...with prep time, of course.

ROFLMAO!

Rolo GALLERY III

rolo10ln.jpg

For those with slower PCs there is a thumbnailed version for you too. :p

Rolo GALLERY V

These panels show the arguements and affectionate interchanges
between Storm and Logan over the decades.

rolo34ls.jpg

Hey does images are great thanks for the gallery. I wanted to ask something, I thougt I had heard something about a conversation where Storm confesses to Jean that she had a crush on Logan or something like that. not only that but Storm seemed to be flirtatious when Logan had came back to the mansion so all of this could be hints of the relationship. Anyway Im looking forward to this relationship in X3 and hope they do it right.

Xfanfan

Xfanfan said:
Hey does images are great thanks for the gallery. I wanted to ask something, I thougt I had heard something about a conversation where Storm confesses to Jean that she had a crush on Logan or something like that. not only that but Storm seemed to be flirtatious when Logan had came back to the mansion so all of this could be hints of the relationship. Anyway Im looking forward to this relationship in X3 and hope they do it right.

Xfanfan

Hello Xfanfan,

Are you referring to something that happened in the movie or the source material? Also, where is your avatar lady? :o

Dark Lightning said:
Hello Xfanfan,

Are you referring to something that happened in the movie or the source material? Also, where is your avatar lady? :o

Im referring to something that was suppose to happen in X2. I guess they never filmed it or it was cut, but it was suppose to be a conversation in the Xjet. I haven't put up an avatar yet but don't worry I'll put one up soon.

Xfanfan

Ditto, looks like you put alot of research into this.

Dark Lightning said:
Rolo GALLERY VI

Last one for today anyway....

rolo44xz.jpg

I have that issue and it's actually Rogue on the cover, so that's just a manip.

Xfanfan said:
Im referring to something that was suppose to happen in X2. I guess they never filmed it or it was cut, but it was suppose to be a conversation in the Xjet. I haven't put up an avatar yet but don't worry I'll put one up soon.

Xfanfan

It's in the novelization by Chris Claremont. Page 87 to be precise. It expands a bit from the deleted scene in the jet as Storm and Jean are leaving to go to Boston. Storm says Logan has the look and Jean tells her to take him off of her hands before there's a disaster. Storm replies: "I like him, Jean, But what I feel, it's minor league. You two, you're the show."

I don't know if that was in the draft that Claremont was working from or if it was his own addition. As Storm and Logan had NO exchange in X1 that would lead anyone to think she was attracted to him I can see why this didn't make it into the movie.

Lightning Strikez! said:
I know. :yellow:

Do you like it?

OT: Why did you change your name again? I was just getting used to the old...uh...new one. You are just doing that to confuse me, aren't you?

It doesn't matter if they do get it on in x-3,cause we all know she isn't in the wolvy spin-off so he's just going to dump her ass at the end of x-3 to go find his past.

is the spin-off definitely set after x3?

I would have thought so,no doubt the whole phoenix thing some how brings some clue to his past.Is it just my computer or is anyone else finding this forum a little sluggish.

mines ok. was going slow an hour or so ago.

Ok thanks my computer must just suck.

Angry Sentinel said:
I think I just died a little inside!

Why dont they just change the name from Xmen3 to Three Days of Xmen lives and aire it around 1pm on FOX!

Precisely how I feel about a Storm/Jean/Logan love triangle. VOOOOOOOOOOOMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT. Storm/Logan: Okay. Triangles: BAD. BADBADBADBADBAD. A triangle ruined Alias for a whole season, after all.

Lightning Strikez! said:
I can confidently tell you that Singer did indeed rewrite the character. He totally screwed her up royally. He custom-fit Storm for Halle, rather than transform Halle into Storm. :down

Damned straight. I think Singer did some things very right, but he dropped the ball on Storm. He should have worked with Halle and gotten her to be more tough and regal rather than delicate. As it was, she seemed rather too much of a soft snuggly bunny, even in her big scene with Toad. Okay, but not authentic for Storm.

Lightning Strikez! said:
S: "At least I've chosen a side beeyotch."

Yeeeaaaah. I've gotta admit, that was pretty awesome.

Lazmarquez said:
Regardless to some opinions that Jean came across not loving Logan in the movies. I must say that i feel she did. I feel as though Jean just had a sense of unsurity when it came to logan due to his constant departures and lack of stability. Her allowing of the kiss was an example, and the twinkle in her eyes was another. Famke displayed this very well and look at her in the films, she is torn completley.

"Constant departures"? Honey, that's a whole lot of nonsense. What does a single departure of a mere acquaintance matter? After Logan leaves in X-Men, having shown no further interactions with Jean than sexual banter and a little bit of her trying to dig up his adamantium tank sequence, he doesn't come back until X2. It's not like he was there for her at this vital time in her life. It's not like she was the only one who ever truly understood him. ROGUE was the one who understood him, who connected with him. With Jean, it was mere sexual tension... "Couldn't wait to get my shirt off, eh?" Funny, but lacking content and romance of ANY sort--until, poof, X2: "Oh, Jean, darling... I've finally come home to you... let's make little Wolvie-babies; I can be the good guy... and there's absolutely no solid reason I can name for this decision because my character development is so bad that it hinges completely on being a better man for a woman I merely lusted after in the first movie and DON'T KNOW AT ALL."

Neither one of these people knows the other in the movies. Don't let the comics creep in and excuse bad scriptwriting; the relationships need to be established on-screen or not at all. In the movies, we see their interactions, Logan tries to leave only once before he does anything but choke Jean, after which he only leaves to find Rogue, and it's not like they know each other well enough for Jean to even have a reason to care he HAD to leave. And by the end of X2 they and the rest of the team have all together experienced a crisis, but still they don't know each other and still she has Scott and still there's nothing between them but sexual interaction/tension, and Logan still feels like he has to leave.

She SHOULDN'T come off as loving Logan regardless--because Jean doesn't. She is drawn to the bad boy, as she herself even in the movies says. He is hot, he's the wrong kind of man, she cares about him as a human being and that's it. That's the extent of it. She loves Scott. She ONLY EVER has loved Scott, and any 'love' she feels for Wolvie is the love any person can feel for someone attractive that they appreciate.

It's just like real life--the hot bad boy you might convince yourself you love because you care about him and he's sexy, but he's still wrong for you and not half the man the nice guy is.

TheVileOne said:
And the amount of "'shipper" websites for that pairing (Rogue/Wolverine) is ridiculous. Its like, "Holy crap guys, they are like brother and sister not lovers!"

That's part of why it's so much better--unlike with Jean or other women strictly 'his age' (physically), there's an element of unselfishness; he can't go straight to thinking about sex like he does with... well, almost everybody else.

After all, the women in the tent scene, we're told are the women of Logan's fantasies--he's attracted to Rogue. He wouldn't do anything untoward where she is concerned because he is an honorable guy and he cares about her, but he still is a man and recognizes her jailbait status. It's not JUST brotherly however much he'd like it to be.

Logan/Rogue could and would sneak up on Logan; he wouldn't at ALL want to think of her that way at first, it would be too weird. She'd have to grow up and he'd have to realize she's not a kid anymore before it would work. But when it did, it WOULD work because he wouldn't be able to be led around by her sexuality. He would be too conscious of hurting her to allow mere lust to drive him--for once! ;)

Electric Wire said:
Thats like....pedophilia.

No, it's possibly May/December after she's legal--but then again, Wolverine is so old it's basically 'pedophilia' if he's with ANYBODY.

Except Rogue.

Seriously, think about it--only Rogue has him inside her head, as well as the other old people. She has that life experience absorbed to a degree; that's part of her character. Only she can truly understand the feeling of being young outside, yet old inside.

She's the only woman alive who is as 'old' as he is.

Furthermore, Jean has less of her life left... she will keep aging while Wolvie stays the same. Rogue, on the other hand, is young now, and with her powers, might be able to periodically absorb some of Wolvie's abilities and keep herself alive longer.

Plus, Rogue has Bobby...and Gambit might come into the picture so she is sorted.

Yeah, Rogue has Bobby... and Bobby's a rather flat character. They're so young that it is very doubtful to work out.

I also don't really see any reason to like Gambit (yeah, whatever, everyone loves him but me; don't bother reminding me, I already know because I've heard all the Gambit love eight million times before), especially since he hasn't even been introduced and I'm sick of scads of new characters crowding out character development, thousands of times more when they're only there as love interests.

"Storm and Wolvie are older" is not the only realistic option; age isn't realism. I've known May/December relationships in real life. Not my cup of tea AT ALL, but it happens, and often enough they're very happy. Usually with an age difference like that, people will ONLY go for each other if it's truly right.

Ballistic Liz said:
I guess as an example, think of Buffy. TONS of Buffy/Angel fans... then Angel left and they TRIED to give her a new boyfriend, Joss realy liked Riley and wante dhim to be Buffy's boyfriend and for them to be a nice couple, but the fans wouldn't stop b1tching and b1tching and b1tching... so he got rid of it, because there were too many people that had liked The Buffy/Angel.

Now, I'm not sure why Spike/Buffy caught on so well but, methinks it's do to the fact that the core cople of Buffy/Angel had already been borken up for two seasons and the people were finally ready to except the fact that Buffy and Angel weren't getting back together.

Whereas, there are even now people like me who are STILL all "BUFFY AND ANGEL FOREVER WHEDON YOU SON OF A BASS!!!" and I like Whedon, so that's some real passion right there.

I go back and watch them onscreen together and just... nothing ever worked so well as they did. Nothing was that beautiful on either show--or even most any show I can think of. And I feel so cheated by how it ended... Buffy screwing some stupid playboy; so out of character. It was like he couldn't find or didn't have time for the emotion, so he just fell back on the humor. And I do forgive Whedon for that, but it was such sad ass.

Besides the distance of time, part of the reason Spike/Buffy worked is because it was funny and it was realistic for the characters--it was never supposed to be "Spike is the new real true love of Buffy's life." Like Jean, Buffy's feelings were pretty much based on mutual respect, compassion, human need and a whole lot of pure animal LUST. The show never really pretended this was the love of her life, or his. That's why it was forgivable.

Ballistic Liz said:
Whatever happens, I really don't think that X3 EVEN needs any romanic or sex, I think it should have more racal stuff and important plot stuff than relationships anyway.

YEAH. *infinite high-fives* Let's have lots and lots of Pyro, Angel, Magneto, and Xavier. Oh, and Jean/Scott, and a tougher Storm, and some more Rogue, particularly with Wolvie... okay, my ships are showing, so I'm going to stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"