The Rotten Tomatoes/Critic's Reaction Thread

HammerDown

“Do not, my friends, become addicted to water...“
Reaction score
Captain Marvel (2019)

rottentomatoes__130916181837.jpg

Mid 80's critic score, high 60's audience score. Just a hunch.

I think this is going to almost naturally have a 90+ rating.
It's an origin story for a female lead superhero movie in the critically acclaimed MCU. It's a first, but it's also clearly setting up the character as a corner stone for the future of the franchise.

I'd say this will have a similar score to Wonder Woman.

Critics score low 50s, audience score high 70s.

Embargo suppose to end Tuesday Feb.19- 9:30pm PST
RT score, does it really matter

Last edited:
Critics score: 85 - 91
Audience score: 75 - 85

Critic score 85-90
Cinema score A
I don't care about RT audience score its not reliable. These two and Box office is what matters.

The only reason the audience score would be in the 60s is because of all the people giving bad reviews and scores to the movie when it's not even out yet.

How would that work? People can't leave reviews until the Movie has been released. All they can do is say whether they are interested in watching it or not.

Yeah I have read its already being targeted for review bombing.

As predicted the first impressions are overwhelmingly positive. I see this entering the top 3 MCU movies on RT.

I’ll say this will lands at around 94% and an average rating of 7.8.

How would that work? People can't leave reviews until the Movie has been released. All they can do is say whether they are interested in watching it or not.

True but even the movie does come out, you'll still have haters/trolls trying to lower it's score. By leaving bad reviews even if they haven't seen the movie.

Yeah with how glowing these early reactions are I'm also expecting an RT score in the 90's. Of course its sometimes hard to gauge because most of the time the early reactions for MCU films are generally really positive.

A lot of these early reviews are not by actual critics.

Usually a good sign when the villain and supporting characters get praises.. I think Mcu finds its groove again and get back in the 90s critics score.

With these reactions, I'm gonna say 88-93% on RT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"