The Rotten Tomatoes/Critic's Reaction Thread

It’s hard to say what score it’ll get. Fanboy reviewers are usually the ones to give the first responds on twitter and RT.
I remember G.I. Joe:Retaliation started at 88%, when all the critics weighted in, it finished around 20%.

If it's good 90%-100%.
If it's mediocre still 90%-100%
If it's bad 80%-90%
If it's terrible 70%-80%

lol what happened here while I was playing Skyrim. Everything is gone

Oh well. My prediction:
80-85% critics score, 40-50% user score.

What happened is this Critics Review thread turned into a giant debate on politics and Larson's comments. Which have absolutely nothing to do with critics reviews.

When’s the review embargo drop again? I could dig but I’m feeling lazy this morning :o

I guess it's worth pointing out that RT users had apparently already started review-bombing the score for Episode IX and, to a lesser extent, Endgame.

And don't even get me started on how Venom has a higher audience score than Black Panther... It's beyond obvious that the RT trolls are biased against Disney. And also bigots.

Predicting 93%, 7.8 average rating. It has an outside shot at an 8.0, but I'm not comfortable predicting that just yet with the current stable of social media reactions we have. You need Black Panther levels of utter raving to enter that threshold.

I guess it's worth pointing out that RT users had apparently already started review-bombing the score for Episode IX and, to a lesser extent, Endgame.

And don't even get me started on how Venom has a higher audience score than Black Panther... It's beyond obvious that the RT trolls are biased against Disney.

It's less Disney and something else. You know what it is. Think about what Black Panther, Captain Marvel, and Episode IX all have in common.

Remind me again why people are allowed to post user reviews before the release of the movie?

Remind me again why people are allowed to post user reviews before the release of the movie?

Here's the thing, they are not allowed to do that. The only thing they are allowed to do, is to click a button that let's them share whether they are interested in the Movie or not, and also leave a comment. It's an audience interest score. That's all it is. It's not a Review score.

But the Media is desperately trying to sell it as Trolls Review bombing Captain Marvel.

Because they were bombing the RT I'm Interested score. That's literally what they were doing.

But anyways, try to keep that topic isolated to the Larson thread. This is mainly for RT's Critic Score and Critic Reviews.

They weren't. Before a movie comes out users are able to say if they are interested in seeing the movie or not. That's basically all it was. Most movies that haven't come out yet usually have a 99% because most people that aren't interested in seeing a movie in the first place probably wouldn't even bother to look it up on rotten tomatoes.

Last edited:
They weren't. Before a movie comes out users are able to say if they are interested in seeing the movie or not. That's basically all it was. Most movies that haven't come out yet usually have a 99% because most people that aren't interesting in seeing a movie in the first place probably wouldn't even bother to look it up on rotten tomatoes.

Which is what made the whole thing rather pointless in the first place. It never measured much of anything. Getting rid of it was only wrong in that they should have gotten rid of it years ago.

Which is what made the whole thing rather pointless in the first place. It never measured much of anything. Getting rid of it was only wrong in that they should have gotten rid of it years ago.
Rotten Tomatoes getting rid of the user interest percentage reminds me of how they got rid of their comment section after The Dark Knight Rises came out.

Well, one things is for sure. RT just made it all but guaranteed that CM will get a negative influx of reviews immediately upon release. Like it or not they've made the situation worse and have unwillingly stepped into the narrative that people are trying to protect Captain Marvel because it's a female character. Completely pointless decision also given people can still write their thoughts on the website prior to the film being released.

Well, one things is for sure. RT just made it all but guaranteed that CM will get a negative influx of reviews immediately upon release. Like it or not they've made the situation worse and have unwillingly stepped into the narrative that people are trying to protect Captain Marvel because it's a female character. Completely pointless decision also given people can still write their thoughts on the website prior to the film being released.

You might want to read the site's new rules better. Lowest review score allowed is 3½/out of 5.

Review-bombing after release makes less noise because the movie's out for people to see for themselves and so ACTUAL word-of-mouth is in full effect. Like, nobody cared about Black Panther's low audience score once the movie came out. Right now, it's just people online who haven't seen the film (and insisting they won't) vs. people online who have, competing to be heard, and so the narrative people are getting regarding "reviews" just depends on what sites people are reading. But when the movie's out, those people who HAVE seen it will be a much bigger part of the population, and will be spreading the word the old fashioned way as well, and those troll voices start to get drowned out. So they can spin whatever narrative they want after the release - by then, the movie will be doing most of the talking at that point.

Last edited:
Well, one things is for sure. RT just made it all but guaranteed that CM will get a negative influx of reviews immediately upon release.

but by that point it will be too little too late for the trolls to have any real impact on the film

them giving the movie negative reviews would be pointless since The masses would have already seen the film by that point and if the box office is massive they know their reviews will quickly be overshadowed by the films success.

review bombing was the only real weapon they had against movies like captain marvel and they know it. It will be a lot harder for them to pull this with future superhero films staring woman and people of color

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"