The RPG Concept Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i figure when it came to characters from the show, first come first show, with OC's too, playing as everyone but God

Or you could just play it all out in FtPO. And interact with a bunch of other types of characters, or not.

another idea that popped in there, what about an RPG based on the marvel movie verse?

There would be absolutely no point to doing that. If you want to incorporate elements from a character's movie adaption, you can do that to a certain extent in one of the two Marvel RPGs.

Not to mention the fact that the only two continuities established in full have been Iron Man and The Hulk. Captain America, Thor, The Avengers, and so forth have yet to actually make it onto the screen, so it'd be a very limited palate to work from.

assumeing it went forward, i wasthinking of including the other marvel movies, not just marvel sudios, the X-Men, DD, FF GR etc, like i said, jsut an idea that popped in my head

and batman, name a replacemnt agm in the allstar rpg already! :argh: :oldrazz:

So, I've had an idea floating around for a while, just wanted to see what people thought.

Basically it'd be about the very beginnings of human colonization in the galaxy. The characters would be player created, and people would be able to create their own races as well. The basic background story would be written up by me, but basically everything else would be player created.

So, I've had an idea floating around for a while, just wanted to see what people thought.

Basically it'd be about the very beginnings of human colonization in the galaxy. The characters would be player created, and people would be able to create their own races as well. The basic background story would be written up by me, but basically everything else would be player created.

compared to the last few ideas offered, this is quite brilliant

Cool. I think I might write up the story I have in mind and post it here sometime next week.

That could be interesting.

It very well could.

Maybe some colonial politics as the secede from Earth control?

And we could have heroes who wear browncoats, and everyone speaks English and Chinese because those are the two dominate superpowers, and...um...you know...stuff like that.

It very well could.

And we could have heroes who wear browncoats, and everyone speaks English and Chinese because those are the two dominate superpowers, and...um...you know...stuff like that.

Leaf on the wind!

It very well could.

I was hoping for it to be more player created than that!:cmad:

:oldrazz:

Having recently played Mass Effect 2, this idea intrigues me. I'll keep an eye on this as it develops.

Okay, so here's a quick background story that I have in mind. Nothing too in depth yet, but I figured I'd get something up since people seem to be interested.

Story
The year is 2223, and humanity has just colonized its first planet outside of its own solar system. The United Earth Union, which is the governing body of a united people of Earth, has already established thriving colonies on Earth’s moon, a terraformed Mars, and under water colonies under the sheet of ice on Jupiter’s moon of Europa. But a short twenty years ago, humanity discovered the ability to create and manipulate wormholes, giving us the ability to travel across vast regions of space quickly.

During an expedition into deep space, a manned UEU spacecraft discovered an Earth-like planet, dubbed Providence, and plans immediately went into effect for colonization. People lined up in droves to move to the new planet, and UEU military leaders quickly established a strong presence in the planet’s solar system, including the brand new capital battle cruiser EUS Deliverance.

Now, fifteen years after the first settlers set up on Providence, humanity is about to learn that they are not alone in the galaxy, and that not all aliens “come in peace”.

ok afterreadint hat id be up for that game :awesome:

wait, will this get a movie adaption directed by Bay? :oldrazz:

Dibs on Commander Shepa--- Heh. Wrong space epic. :oldrazz:

Ha! I won't lie, I'm drawing a heavy influence from Mass Effect and Halo for my character.

Basically I want this game to be a sci-fi epic, but open for people to bring in what they want to bring in influence-wsie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"