• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BvS The San Diego Comic-Con Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, I doubt that they ever think too much about that. And let's also remember that the general vibe is positive. They didn't rethink casting Ben just because nerds went ape excrement crazy. Plus, like I said it would be the last piece of the puzzle, IF Ray and Ezra are there.

Yeah, you're right.

People don't "boo" exclusives and reveals at Comic-Con. They're too hyped up. It's all positivity in there.

As for it happening before, Mark Ruffalo was said to be in-talks for the role of the Hulk like a week before SDCC 2010, but he wasn't confirmed for the role until he walked out on that stage. That's the closest example I can think of. That's also how Boseman was finally confirmed for Black Panther (not at SDCC, but at Marvel's Phase 3 event). Still, those guys were known to be practically done deals before those events, and were reported as such by the trades. That's not really the case for GL.

I see. Thanks for the info. :up:

But, yeah, as you say those castings were announced earlier, even if only a bit earlier, so that makes me think there won't be any GL announcement of the kind.

Batman's gadgets:

CJbdR4SUYAE6jhT.jpg
:drl:

People don't "boo" exclusives and reveals at Comic-Con. They're too hyped up. It's all positivity in there.

As for it happening before, Mark Ruffalo was said to be in-talks for the role of the Hulk like a week before SDCC 2010, but he wasn't confirmed for the role until he walked out on that stage. That's the closest example I can think of. That's also how Boseman was finally confirmed for Black Panther (not at SDCC, but at Marvel's Phase 3 event). Still, those guys were known to be practically done deals before those events, and were reported as such by the trades. That's not really the case for GL.

I'd also say a lot of it comes down to the people who don't like what they see not having the guts to complain about it when they don't have the safety of their computer screen to hide behind.

Last edited:
Some stranger gadgets:

11696420_449385655222756_2551639694752307212_o.jpg

1537902_449385645222757_655307283523298506_o.jpg

The other "gun" looks like an exotic grenade launcher... But what da hell is that "helmet" with the wires for? A thing for remote control? Say, for the drones?

The thing is I don't even recall a rumor about Ezra Miller before we found out that he had been cast as Flash. For all we know GL could already be cast.
True. Didn't we learn about that from reports on a investors' conference call? That was...weird, lol.

True. Didn't we learn about that from reports on a investors' conference call? That was...weird, lol.
Eh, I don't think that was weird, DC/WB have only released one film in this universe, they don't have the credit to do one of those fancy Marvel type press conferences that some seem to love. Something like that would have made them look arrogant and gun jumpy.

I've just never seen major blockbuster movie news come out that way before, which is why I thought it was weird. I'm used to these things getting announced by the trades or a press release first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"