The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Status
Not open for further replies.
well what are you going to believe? Your google searches or the actual movie itself?

I would be inclined to trust Arnold over a couple of websites

but that's just me

I own the movie. I've seen the movie. It didn't make sense when I watched it in the theater in '91 and it doesn't make sense now. The math doesn't add up when he's explaining all of it when you take in account how old John is in the film and the end of the the known world being '97.

But if The Terminator is set in 1984..then John can't be 10 in 1993...

If so... then precious little T2 already screw the timeline :D

the movie takes place in 94, not 93. Like I said, that was my mistake, my bad. It's 10 years after 84, so yes, John could easily be 10 in the film. So when the T800 is explaining to Sarah that in 3 years (1997) Skynet becomes self aware and starts the Apacalypse, it all adds up.

I own the movie. I've seen the movie. It didn't make sense when I watched it in the theater in '91 and it doesn't make sense now. The math doesn't add up when he's explaining all of it when you take in account how old John is in the film and the end of the the known world being '97.

John is 10 in T2 which takes place in 94. The Apacalypse takes place in 97 (3 years after Miles creates the chip) which is a few months after the events in T2

all adds up perfectly

Anybody here read Josh Friedman's take on getting his show cancelled?

http://hucksblog.blogspot.com/2009/06/boy-in-bubble.html

I love that post. I think it's one of the most honest representations of what a showrunner goes through when his show gets cancelled. I can't help but be sympathetic for what he went through. It helps that this was his first show, his baby, so he isn't jaded or blaze like a lot of other producers might be in his position.

Y'know since T4 bombed and there is likely to be no T5, I kind of have to say that ultimately I like TSCC timeline better than the T3/T4 one. Yeah, I think it is overreliant on good terminators and time travvel and I don't like the ending to season 2 (and I guesss the series), but it was still better than T3/T4. Alas.

Y'know since T4 bombed and there is likely to be no T5, I kind of have to say that ultimately I like TSCC timeline better than the T3/T4 one. Yeah, I think it is overreliant on good terminators and time travvel and I don't like the ending to season 2 (and I guesss the series), but it was still better than T3/T4. Alas.

T4 wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either,,, and it was miles better than the idiotic and cliche tripe we got from this show, with the exception of summer.

Hey, about the timeline debate, I'm watching T2 right now, with the police computer screen on pause, and states that John's date of birth is Feb 28 1985, so the T-800 statement about the time until JD or the Aug 1997 date for JD is wrong

T4 wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either,,, and it was miles better than the idiotic and cliche tripe we got from this show, with the exception of summer.

To each their own. I enjoyed the T4 movie from a strictly visceral experience. It had some great action and epic cinematography. But the strong cast was wasted and the plot was paper thin. It never went anywhere. It just was two hours of "future war explosions" with a thin predictable storyline that did not develop or explain John Connor at all and was about him protecting his father from the machines (a nice reverse, ha). The good terminator in this one being almost human was cool, but it did not take that question of what is human in T2 or even in Glau's character in the show much further but rather treated it as kind of window dressing. And the whole "you are programmed to lead Connor here" was beyond dumb. If he was programmed to lead Connor there for them to kill him, why not program him to kill John Connor when he has the first opportunity like in the water? If they could see everything Marcus could, why did Skynet not send a missile to Connor's secret base and kill the whole cast then? Or how did Skynet know that Kyle Reese was John's father and make him no. 1 priority? And if they did know, why not kill him immediately instead of using him for bait? And how could Kate do a heart transplant when she is just a former medical student and was in the very unsterile desert? Why does Skynet create their new humanoid terminator to have the ability of free choice? Why did the writers decide not to explore the concept of free will and choice? Why are there buttons in Skynet's facilities for humans to use? How could Skynet develop a terminator as advanced as the main character if they had just barely been able to master making T-800s, nevermind T-1000 or T-X (remember this is the T3 timeline) which are still inferior in intricacies to Marcus?

Cool visuals but a story that did not explore John's war at all beyond a purely visual level. I felt TSCC did a better job of developing JOhn as a character and how he became the savior of humanity more than T3 ever could and is the only incarnation of post-T2 John, where he is 10 and not very complex, that actually attempts to explain who he is and why he is the savior of humanity. Also, Cameron and Derek were far more interesting and complex than Marcus and the large number of stock characters surrounding John in T4 (including a cute little girl as Kyle's partner in crime).

Just my opinion. TSCC was a very flawed show. Half of season 2 sucked and the writing always was struggling with finding the blend between sci-fi and naturalism in dialogue and character development, as well as having too many filler episodes. At the same time, it explored its characters and concept to sometimes satisfying results. T4 blew **** up. That was cool too.

Last edited:
The movie should have explored the dynamic between John Henry and Skynet (they're not the same thing) and how John Henry eventually became the human-sympathizing robots who John wanted to ally with in the future.

-- FunBob

P.S., Terminator is cancelled and Lie to Me stays. There is no justice in the world. :csad:

Hey, about the timeline debate, I'm watching T2 right now, with the police computer screen on pause, and states that John's date of birth is Feb 28 1985, so the T-800 statement about the time until JD or the Aug 1997 date for JD is wrong

not if the movie takes place in 94, then it's all good. That would make John 9 in the movie which is perfectly fine. They never describe his exact age

http://www.scifiscoop.com/news/new-hope-for-terminator-the-sarah-connor-chronicles/

Whilst promoting Terminator: The Machinima series James Middleton, the executive producer of Fox’s now cancelled Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, has raised hopes that the story may continue.

Without confirming any specific plans about how the story might continue, Middleton recently spoke to Sci Fi Wire with words that clearly echo the possibility that the events of the series finale may not end there.

“I feel like I don’t want to raise anybody’s expectations about what’s going to happen with those characters,” Middleton said. “I can tell you that I love those characters. I use a business term, and it sort of belies my emotional investment in these characters, but they are a great franchise asset. My passion for them is not diminished at all, and I’ll just leave it at that.”

Whilst many people regard the TSCC finale as a reasonable story closer, I’m one of the many more who don’t. From my perspective the first two season’s set the scene, whilst the climactic moment of the finale teased a whole new range of questions and, more importantly, unveiled a new and creative direction for both the Terminator story and the evolution of its characters.

“It was a great way for us to end the season, but we would have liked to have continued. There’s no doubt about it,” Middleton said.

“If we had gotten a third season, I should say, we definitely would have explored what it all meant, but I think there’s a great moment where we see Allison [Summer Glau], and John’s look to her is very meaningful. I think that also would have been a great thing in terms of dramatic potential. Like I said, the show has ended, and it would all be speculation, and I really don’t want to raise anybody’s expectations.”

Although Middleton is careful to place caution in his words to prevent letting fans down with unrealistic expectations, his message is clear - there were and still are intentions to take the story beyond the season finale. Perhaps the series might be picked up by a new network (SyFy?) or perhaps the story will be developed in the form of a novel or comic - all of which is speculation for now.

Yet, despite the truth that sometimes even the best intentions lead nowhere, this is the first time a glimmer of hope has surfaced since the series was canceled. I for one will look forward to any medium in which we might be granted our desire to see where the story goes.

The fight to save Sarah Connor is still on.

I'm not getting my hopes up, even though i'd like to

Thought I'd update this thread with the announcement that the 2nd season of TSCC will be available on DVD and Blu-Ray on Sept. 22nd...and this:

truckm.jpg

Apparently, that rolling billboard will be running around L.A. for 3 days, starting on the DVD release day.

I actually wouldn't mind that. I mean...Prison break did a DTV movie...why not.

Prison Break did a completely unnecessary DTV movie. TSCC actually needs one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"