The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Status
Not open for further replies.

OobeDoobBenubi

Sidekick
Reaction score
Andy Vajna and Mario Kassar's C2 Pictures, which produced Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, has pacted with Warner Bros. TV and writer Josh Friedman (War of the Worlds) for Fox's tentatively titled The Sarah Connor Chronicles. The Fox series will focus on robo-warrior Sarah Connor and her savior son John Connor.

Variety reports that Friedman will write the pilot and serve as executive producer-showrunner of the series, which will take place in the fictional time frame between the second and third "Terminator" features. Vajna and Kassar will serve as executive producers, with C2 senior vice president of development James Middleton also producing.

In addition, Vajna confirmed that C2 is in "the final phases of development" of a fourth "Terminator" film and that the series will have a link to what's being envisioned as a new feature trilogy.

"There will be a connection," Middleton said. Linda Hamilton is not expected to be involved in The Sarah Connor Chronicles. And because the series will be focused on the Connor family, it's not anticipated that Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger would be a regular part of the series either.

Middleton said the series will explore what happened to Sarah Connor after the end of "T2," when the character went on the run. "She has the weight of the world on her shoulder and she also has to raise a 14-year-old son who may be the salvation of the world," he said.

Friedman said his "challenge is trying to figure out how to reinterpret (Connor) for television."

Because the "Terminator" franchise involves time travel and alternate futures, Friedman believe he'll be able to take a few plot liberties in the series -- emphasis on "few."

"The last thing I want to do is take a title and exploit it," Friedman said. "The show needs to stand on its own while still being respectful of the franchise."

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=11940

thats what Terminator needs... more crapy stories :up:

I don't know, doesn't seem to interesting. I mean, what's a Terminator without a Terminator?

Wolfwood said:
I don't know, doesn't seem to interesting. I mean, what's a Terminator without a Terminator?

Exactly. :up:

shot them slefs in the foot when they made t3 now they are trying to saw the leg off ;)

"The last thing I want to do is take a title and exploit it,"

Uh, that's what you're doing though!

I think it'd be much better if the timeframe of this took place between T1 and T2, when she was still freaked about Judgement Day and training John. How exciting can a show about a Sarah Conner who thinks Judgement Day won't happen anymore? What show her waiting for John to come home for school with a pot roast in the oven?

amazingfantasy15 said:
"The last thing I want to do is take a title and exploit it,"

Uh, that's what you're doing though!

I think it'd be much better if the timeframe of this took place between T1 and T2, when she was still freaked about Judgement Day and training John. How exciting can a show about a Sarah Conner who thinks Judgement Day won't happen anymore? What show her waiting for John to come home for school with a pot roast in the oven?
You see thats much better, they could show the men she shacked up with and how she ended up in the nut house :)

This is not a good idea. If anything... a series base on the Future war is a better story. And even that shouldn't be a live action...cause it'll cost too much. They should do a CGI animated series set in the Future. Cause The guy playing Kyle reese is too old.

Andy Vajna and Mario Kassar's C2 Pictures, which produced Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, has pacted with Warner Bros. TV and writer Josh Friedman (War of the Worlds) for Fox's tentatively titled The Sarah Connor Chronicles. The Fox series will focus on robo-warrior Sarah Connor and her savior son John Connor.

Variety reports that Friedman will write the pilot and serve as executive producer-showrunner of the series, which will take place in the fictional time frame between the second and third "Terminator" features. Vajna and Kassar will serve as executive producers, with C2 senior vice president of development James Middleton also producing.

"There will be a connection," Middleton said. Linda Hamilton is not expected to be involved in The Sarah Connor Chronicles. And because the series will be focused on the Connor family, it's not anticipated that Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger would be a regular part of the series either.

Middleton said the series will explore what happened to Sarah Connor after the end of "T2," when the character went on the run. "She has the weight of the world on her shoulder and she also has to raise a 14-year-old son who may be the salvation of the world," he said.

Friedman said his "challenge is trying to figure out how to reinterpret (Connor) for television."

Because the "Terminator" franchise involves time travel and alternate futures, Friedman believe he'll be able to take a few plot liberties in the series -- emphasis on "few."

"The last thing I want to do is take a title and exploit it," Friedman said. "The show needs to stand on its own while still being respectful of the franchise."

This sounds interesting and very possible to be a success. Love the idea. Terminator: The Series. Even if it's not Arnold exactly, as we all know- there's tons of machines out there just waiting for their time to strike. Should be fun.

Theres potential here, but I don't think it'll be realized.
I don't see it working.

And if it does make it's way on tv by some miracle, I think it'll be under-appreciated and be canceled within 2 seasons.

well, it said no more Arnold Terminator. Which there are evidently many more models, such as the villain of T2 and villainess of T3. Meaning many different types of Terminator, just not those that look exactly like the governator.

I've always had thoughts of a Terminator TV show.

Of course I always thought itd be a sitcom with Arnold as the dad, Sarah/Linda as mom as they live with their son John Connor and all fight a new robot each week that is sent to kill young John.

That's quality televison

It could be good if its given a chance.

The only actress I can see playing Sarah Conner in a television series is Michelle Rodriguez.

The Phantom said:
The only actress I can see playing Sarah Conner in a television series is Michelle Rodriguez.

She's really hispanic though. She's tough and hot to boot, but I dont really see any Sarah Connor in her

Serenity Comes to Sarah Connor
Firefly veteran Summer Glau joins the Terminator TV project, but who is she playing?
by Eric Goldman

February 8, 2007 - Yesterday we spoke to Summer Glau for an interview for IGN TV that will be appearing on our site early next week. The actress, currently appearing on The Unit and best known for her role as River Tam in Joss Whedon's Firefly and its film sequel Serenity apologized for being, "a little bit blurry," noting that she was in the midst of shooting a pilot and had been up until five or six in the morning shooting that morning. "But it was fun! We were doing fun stuff," she added, saying, "I'm really excited about it. I think it's going to be awesome. I'm having a wonderful time."

When we pressed for details on what the pilot was, Glau replied, "Well, I'm not supposed to say yet. It's supposed to be a surprise. But it's killing me, because they've announced some of the other characters, but I'm not supposed to say. My character is a surprise." However, she did tell us the pilot was for FOX.

Immediately we couldn't help think that she was likely referring to The Sarah Connor Chronicles. The Terminator spinoff was set to shoot about now, and the mentions Glau made of working on a FOX pilot with action elements fit the bill.

Well as it turns out, we've discovered that last week Variety did indeed note, in the midst of a pilot update piece, that Glau is part of the cast of The Sarah Connor Chronicles, so what project she is working on can be laid to rest. However, this begs the question of what character she is playing, and why the need for secrecy, when they've announced other actors and the characters they play, such as Thomas Dekker as John Connor and Lena Headey in the title role as Sarah.

Given Glau's very impressive background doing fight scenes, and the fact that she played something of a programmed killer in Serenity, our minds have started to wander… and we can't help think, what would a Sarah Connor story be, without a Terminator in the midst? This is just our speculation mind you, and Glau could be playing any number of characters the Connor family encounters. Assuming The Sarah Connor Chronicles is picked up, we will hopefully find out the secret of Glau's role in the coming months.

Summer Glau as a Terminator...didn't see that one coming!
Now I can't wait to see this :woot:

I could see this being the type of suckfest crapola that no matter what I think, I can't stop myself from watching.

*Cough* Smallville *Cough*

So the first episode was pretty good. And dare I say it, better than T3.

I mean, in the first episode they take advantage of the continuity of the first two movies way better than T3 did. In fact, T3 barely remarked on the first two movies at all. In the tv show, they went as far as having Sarah and John visit Miles Dyson's house again! Excellent nod to continuity. The action is decent. The actors are decent. In fact, they're probably better actors than the ones chosen for T3.

I'd give it about 8 out of 10.

So the first episode was pretty good. And dare I say it, better than T3.

I mean, in the first episode they take advantage of the continuity of the first two movies way better than T3 did. In fact, T3 barely remarked on the first two movies at all. In the tv show, they went as far as having Sarah and John visit Miles Dyson's house again! Excellent nod to continuity. The action is decent. The actors are decent. In fact, they're probably better actors than the ones chosen for T3.

I'd give it about 8 out of 10.

Yeah I can't wait for this show. Good or bad it'll be good to have The Terminator back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"