The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Sarah Gadon in TASM2 Discussion Thread

MJ had 3 scenes in this movie, all of which have been removed. I've said this before, but if Gadon has been cast, it is for TASM3 and beyond and they're simply getting her involvement 'set in stone' so they don't have to do it later on.

to go by that theory we have to accept the idea gwen won't die this film, because a cameo from MJ "face it tiger" wouldn't fit in well after a scene where peters gf just died

and even if gwen doesn't die i'm unsure how you could bring MJ in as a cameo without almost feeling like an obvious set up for gwens goodbye, alot more then introducing her early

i don't think webb was ever going to do a love triangle because when you have gwen who everyone pretty much suspects they will kill off, its abit disrespectful to the character, i mean yeah maybe it happened in the comics but to make what happens to gwen tragic you can't do that, when there is MJ it may take some of the tragic factor away for audiences

Well basically any theory I have accepts that gwen won't die in this film. I've never strongly believed that she would.

MJ had 3 scenes in this movie, all of which have been removed. I've said this before, but if Gadon has been cast, it is for TASM3 and beyond and they're simply getting her involvement 'set in stone' so they don't have to do it later on.

but marc webb didnt say that mary jane won't be in this movie, he said woodley wont be and her scenes. woodley maybe had 3 set scenes, but we dont know how much dialogue and screentime she had together with peter.maybe its five, 10 minutes?

andrew garfield did however tweet, "So I'm sorry to say, Mary Jane will not be appearing in The Amazing Spider-Man 2."

still. that means nothing. [blackout]Abrams said Cumberbatch wasn't Khan.[/blackout]

andrew garfield did however tweet, "So I'm sorry to say, Mary Jane will not be appearing in The Amazing Spider-Man 2."

What? Andrew Garfield is NOT on Twitter, that's a totally fake account.

What? Andrew Garfield is NOT on Twitter, that's a totally fake account.

Oh is it? lol. I literally signed up for twitter for marc webb. i know nothing about its inner-workings.

still. that means nothing. [blackout]Abrams said Cumberbatch wasn't Khan.[/blackout]

Andrew Garfield doesn't have a Twitter account. Nor does Emma Stone.

So yeah, you're right; that tweet means nothing.

I don't know if that's true or not he doesn't have one as we know of, there are people trying to imitate him on twitter.

I think we're at the point where someone should create a thread called "The Amazing Spider-Man 2 COULD BE Great", lol.

Yeah, like any other movie that's been in production ever. It COULD BE, no movie is guranteed excellence.

^ I have no idea what you're talking about.

This is likely going to piss some people off, but if you honestly don't think Woodley is beautiful, you're an idiot.

Excuse me, but you really are disrespectful to other people's opinions. I do find her beautiful, but just because someone thinks otherwise does NOT make him an idiot.

Now the trolls on the Internet really making fun of her and calling her gross are really immature, but that's another story.

but marc webb didnt say that mary jane won't be in this movie, he said woodley wont be and her scenes. woodley maybe had 3 set scenes, but we dont know how much dialogue and screentime she had together with peter.maybe its five, 10 minutes?

He said he cut her scenes to to streamline the plot and focus more on Peter and Gwen, implying that MJ does not appear in the movie. I don't know why people are freaking out so much about this, having rewrites and such while in production isn't exceedlingly rare. I'm sure there'll be reshoots or have already been reshoots to cover any gaps that could be left in the plot if MJ had some impact on the overall plot.

He said he cut her scenes to to streamline the plot and focus more on Peter and Gwen, implying that MJ does not appear in the movie. I don't know why people are freaking out so much about this, having rewrites and such while in production isn't exceedlingly rare. I'm sure there'll be reshoots or have already been reshoots to cover any gaps that could be left in the plot if MJ had some impact on the overall plot.

who is freaking out?

Excuse me, but you really are disrespectful to other people's opinions. I do find her beautiful, but just because someone thinks otherwise does NOT make him an idiot.

Now the trolls on the Internet really making fun of her and calling her gross are really immature, but that's another story.
Agreed. I think she is a cutie pie but there is nothing wrong with not finding her attractive. Being a nasty disgusting piece of **** about that opinion is just gross and unfortunately that's what most of the fanboys accross the interwebs were being.

Oh man, now I hope it's true and she is indeed new MJ. Team Sarah SAAAAN!

I'm sure her impact was minor, but if deleting her character would help streamline the relationship story, MJ had to have some sort of effect on it. Any reshoot that need to be done are probably easy fixes. It's not like they took out rhino.

Doesn't Thor 2 need reshoots now while the movie comes out much sooner? Also there is a lot of tension going on so they won't be editing for a few weeks.

Gadon has a classic Hollywood glamour about her.

Right now, I'm just not seeing how it meshes with the motorcycle riding tomboy we were introduced to as MJ's character. So I guess that's out if she's MJ.

Truth is they could get Woodley back to shoot a cameo, its only a small scene and no one knows if this that new movie she is in will be a hit

Woodley basically got told her character wouldn't be needed this film it sounds like

Many are obsessed with the idea they got rid of her to replace her

It seems like they're doing re shoots I think because there's a shotting goin on tomorrow from 6 am to 8, but I may be wrong but there was one last week

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"