The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Sarah Gadon in TASM2 Discussion Thread

they can lie everyone else but not me, it's not accidently that one was casted when other was cutted. they trying not to look like shovinist and shameless for casting another better girl for right role. could you imagine rage of woodley fans and whole hollywood community because of that, it would give this movie and sequels bad publicity. Webb and Sony you doing it right :cwink:

This is an absolute shame. If this is true, I am absolutely ashamed of Webb and Sony. I hope this franchise bombs, and Sony can just let the rights go to someone who can do things right. Not that it is likely...

they can lie everyone else but not me, it's not accidently that one was casted when other was cutted. they trying not to look like shovinist and shameless for casting another better girl for right role. could you imagine rage of woodley fans and whole hollywood community because of that, it would give this movie and sequels bad publicity. Webb and Sony you doing it right :cwink:

ah your slowly turning into the next troll

Timeline

June 17, 2013: The Hollywood Reporter: Sony Sets Release Dates for Third and Fourth 'Amazing Spider-Man' Films ("Sony has set release dates for its third and fourth Amazing Spider-Man films, which hit theaters on June 10, 2016, and May 4, 2018, respectively.")

June 19, 2013: Entertainment Weekly: Shailene Woodley on getting cut from 'Spider-Man 2': 'Of course I'm bummed' -- and more on 'Divergent' (Woodley: "MJ only appeared in a few scenes and I wouldn’t trade the experience of working with Andrew and Emma for three days on set for the world. Based on the proposed plot, I completely understand the need for holding off on introducing MJ until the next film.")

June 19, 2013: Deadline: Shailene Woodley’s Mary Jane Role Cut From ‘The Amazing Spider-Man 2′; Actress Out Altogether? (Webb: "I made a creative decision to streamline the story and focus on Peter and Gwen and their relationship. Shailene is an incredibly talented actress and while we only shot a few scenes with Mary Jane, we all love working with her.")

June 20, 2013: Movieweb: Is Sarah Gadon the New Mary Jane Watson in The Amazing Spider-Man 3? ("We're hearing this morning from a source very close to the production that Mary Jane Watson has already been re-cast. If we're to believe this news, Sarah Gadon is our new Mary Jane Watson")

June 20, 2013: Entertainment Tonight Canada Twitter: Huge news for @sarahgadon - she just confirmed to us that she is joining The Amazing Spider-Man franchise

June 21, 2013: The Toronto Star: Sarah Gadon and Shailene Woodley in web of Spider-Man rumours ("'That’s all we can say,' her reps told the Star. A Hollywood source told the Star that Gadon is not taking over the role of Mary Jane, and has only a brief appearance in the next movie.")

lht.gif

Sony and their trickery couldn't get to you.

Though apparently neither could your grammar teacher.

If Shailene is replaced due to scheduling conflicts with filming Insurgent (Divergent sequel which is currently being written) then fair enough.

But if it's due to the fan feedback or whatever, I'd be embarrassed going to see TASM movies. I can see how holding off MJ makes more sense as I could see it feeling a bit forced in this movie.

Either way I think we need some more set pics or something as the state of things currently is making me want to bury my head in a mountain.

We should know by now that we can't necessarily trust even the directors and actors or actresses own words when it comes to roles sometimes. Just ask (spoilers for recent blockbusters in the past year) [blackout]Marion Cotillard[/blackout] and [blackout]Guy Pearce[/blackout] and [blackout]Benedict Cumberbatch[/blackout] and [blackout]JJ Abrams[/blackout].

@TheInSneider just tweeted all of this:

- 100% CONFIRMED: Sarah Gadon IS in Amazing Spider-Man 2 briefly. She is NOT playing Mary Jane Watson, who will NOT appear until Part THREE.

- A FALSE rumor started that Sarah replaced Shailene as MJ. She confirmed to ET Canada she's in the movie. Fans made a connection. It's wrong.

- Nothing else to report, so calm down everyone. No drama here to see. Marc Webb cut MJ appearance to streamline the story. Simple

- Don't beat up @ETCanada too badly. They never said Sarah confirmed her character, just her casting. Fans jumped to conclusions... it happens

https://twitter.com/TheInSneider

We should know by now that we can't necessarily trust even the directors and actors or actresses own words when it comes to roles sometimes. Just ask (spoilers for recent blockbusters in the past year) [blackout]Marion Cotillard[/blackout] and [blackout]Guy Pearce[/blackout] and [blackout]Benedict Cumberbatch[/blackout] and [blackout]JJ Abrams[/blackout].
Im goin to choose to believe it all this conspiracy kind of crap gives me a headache and besides it would be wise and do you think she would tell them, Sony wouldn't allow her to if it was true it'd much longer

Last edited:
Yeah. Fans jumped to conclusions biiiig time. It was obviously way too early for them to confirm Gadon as MJ if Shailene was just cut. That would've been messed up. Glad we can sort of put this to rest for the time being..

Lets get this switched to who is she playing
She has this Felicia vibe big time

I just dont understand why her character is not published, why? She was casted for sequels, on what role then... Why her character needs to be unknow for two years advance, what is point of that?! I still think she is MJ, but only if Woodley surely won't coming back as MJ. Something smell fishy about this soap opera and i can say main reason for that is Woodley herself and "future sequels with Divergent" . And then Sony mess this up a bit more with new announced actress. I just can't understand what the hell are they doing.

She is in a hush hush top secret role cast like 1.5 years ahead of next filming (if movie 3 is filmed following the pattern set by TASM2's principal photography). Pretty strange.

well hard for them to keep secrets...with all the tweeting and chatting...

just by pics she says mary jane and not felicia hardy...just my guts

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"