McCain Supporter Attacked In Pittsburg, 'B' Carved Into Face

I'm surprised to find neither MSN nor Yahoo have this story about her admitting that it was a hoax on their website.

Yahoo!:
Police: McCain volunteer made up robbery story
PITTSBURGH – A McCain campaign volunteer made up a story of being robbed, pinned to the ground and having the letter "B" scratched on her face in a politically inspired attack, police said Friday.
Ashley Todd, 20-year-old college student from College Station, Texas, admitted Friday that the story was false and was being charged with making a false report to police, said Maurita Bryant, the assistant chief of the police department's investigations division. Police doubted her story from the start, Bryant said.
Todd, who is white, told police she was attacked by a 6-foot-4 black man Wednesday night. She now can't explain why she invented the story, Bryant said.
Todd also told police she believes she cut the backward "B" onto her own cheek, but she didn't explain how or why, Bryant said.
Todd initially told investigators she was attempting to use a bank branch ATM when the man approached her from behind, put a knife with a 4- to 5-inch blade to her throat and demanded money. She told police she handed the assailant $60 and walked away.

She said that was a knife wound? I accidentally scratched myself worse with a guitar string.

The other board I read the conservatives were in a rage about this--they claimed it was all Obama's fault for telling his supporters to "get in people's faces" about this campaign. They were saying he needed to apologize immediately and learn to control his supporters. :whatever:

You can hear crickets in that thread now.

I heard she was contacted by both McCain and Palin before it was revealed to be a hoax. I think she needs to apologize to both of them.

What other board? Anyone who approached this without a great degree of skepticism isn't rational enough to have a political discussion with in the first place.

I hope you'll take note that most of the conservatives on this board were calling BS along with the liberals.

Isn't it pretty much common knowledge that ATM machines have surveillance cameras?!? Plus, who really blogs in between a crime happening?

Isn't it pretty much common knowledge that ATM machines have surveillance cameras?!? Plus, who really blogs in between a crime happening?
Evil Masterminds.

What other board? Anyone who approached this without a great degree of skepticism isn't rational enough to have a political discussion with in the first place.

I hope you'll take note that most of the conservatives on this board were calling BS along with the liberals.

Another message board I read has a particularly vile community thread where the political threads are badly moderated and people make comments like this all the time. Even that was a new low for that board.

Most people on both sides thought it was probably a hoax, and most agree that neither candidate would condone behavior like that and it's certainly not representative of supporters on either side.

But like I said, they have a few on that board that are definitely off their meds. I had a special needs child wished on me there once for thinking Tropic Thunder was funny. :whatever:

This girl clearly needs therapy and possibly some powerful psychoactive medication. I hope she gets the help she needs.

jag

This girl clearly needs therapy and possibly some powerful psychoactive medication. I hope she gets the help she needs.

jag

I knew of a girl once who faked a terminal illness just to get special favors at a Broadway show. It was unbelievable. I met her once, she had an IV shunt in her arm. You'd never know from meeting her that she really wasn't sick. She got free tickets, backstage invites, all kinds of stuff.

But she lied. She just started lying and couldn't stop. She didn't even care when she got caught.

ah Pittsburgh..Cant live with them, cant get them annexed to Ohio or West Virginia....

I knew of a girl once who faked a terminal illness just to get special favors at a Broadway show. It was unbelievable. I met her once, she had an IV shunt in her arm. You'd never know from meeting her that she really wasn't sick. She got free tickets, backstage invites, all kinds of stuff.

But she lied. She just started lying and couldn't stop. She didn't even care when she got caught.

....she probably managed to sock away a nice stash of Vicodin

someone in the 'Politico' comments section used that 'nickname' in their comment about the vast right wing conspiracy....

I know. But I don't want names like that repeated here.

....she probably managed to sock away a nice stash of Vicodin

She was a med student, so I'm sure she got lots of fun stuff.

It got to the point where she was actually 'dying' and supposedly in a coma. People were already suspicious, so someone called her roommate's number...and the girl answered the phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"