Clone Wars The Season 5 Discussion Thread

Disney, and Lucasfilm are all heartless corporations, just like the rest of the movie making companies.

pretty much, part of irony of the stories of the Skywalker's, is they told the story's of Lucas respectively.

Luke learns to forgive his father and lose his baggage achieving success through the human spirit rather than technology. Kind of like Lucas defying the Guild and dreading becoming his father.

Anakin is a boy that is praised with potential he can't seem to live up to, and in his pursuit of securing his family and his career he loses both, becoming the souless machine he'd been fighting all along. Kind of like how Lucas created a studio of his own and devoted his life to Star Wars and ultimately lost his wife and became one of those corporate big shots he'd had to fight to get his vision out there.

I think the greatest crime of the cancellation may be that we'll never see some of these great original characters again.

It's hard to say what will happen under Disney, but if Star Wars continues doing what it does best then we'll definitely see the characters again. Every nameless background character from the OT has had a novel or a comic at some stage. If there's a buck in it, you can bet those characters will be back in some form or another.

pretty much, part of irony of the stories of the Skywalker's, is they told the story's of Lucas respectively.

Luke learns to forgive his father and lose his baggage achieving success through the human spirit rather than technology. Kind of like Lucas defying the Guild and dreading becoming his father.

Anakin is a boy that is praised with potential he can't seem to live up to, and in his pursuit of securing his family and his career he loses both, becoming the souless machine he'd been fighting all along. Kind of like how Lucas created a studio of his own and devoted his life to Star Wars and ultimately lost his wife and became one of those corporate big shots he'd had to fight to get his vision out there.
Nicely put.

development bad place. oh well, can't say i'm as bummed as when battle front 3 never came.

Awwwww why did you have to go and bring that up?! :wall:

I still hold out hope...one day...one day...

Awwwww why did you have to go and bring that up?! :wall:

I still hold out hope...one day...one day...

I mean I am too, but I live in a condo now and go to college and work full time so I can't have any game addictions like a next gen Battlefront would be :(

Anyway on aside note as condescending I've been sounding I'm legitimately disappointed the shows over. I find the prequel characters and stories to have not even reached their potential and this show breathed a new life into Anakin, Maul, Dooku, pretty much everyone accept for Grievous. It's sad it was a version of the prequel universe everyone could get behind :/

I take it yall haven't heard of the new FPS game Star Wars: First Assault? Footage leaked yesterday and its basically gonna be Battlefront. Slated for Spring of this year.

I take it yall haven't heard of the new FPS game Star Wars: First Assault? Footage leaked yesterday and its basically gonna be Battlefront. Slated for Spring of this year.

Yeah, I saw that. :csad:

There's an article about it here which suggests the game might never see the light of day, along with some 'leaked' footage. According to the article, Disney has put all games "on freeze" while the higher-ups decide what to do with the video game side of things.

Wait...WHAT!?!? 1313 was cancelled??

That game had so much potential.

I think all current projects are getting screwed over it seems. :( The books and comics seem unaffected for the moment....

I think all current projects are getting screwed over it seems. :( The books and comics seem unaffected for the moment....
Admit it though, Disney owns Marvel. No way are they gonna let it slide under Dark Horse forever. I'm sort of under the impression that the PT era, including TCW, and the OT are all that matters now. Soon enough disney will move comic rights to Marvel, and stop any further EU novels, at least those extending beyond the OT timeline, and start their "new EU" to tie in the gaps between films and such. I honestly think if Disney really intends all these spin-offs and possibly another trilogy after the ST is done, we won't really have room for an EU outside of animated projects and video games. Lucas always said the novels weren't "his Star Wars", so I think Disney is finally stepping in and making it "their Star Wars." I have my doubts we see even half of the print/eBook material as we have now ever again, unless Disney gives the franchise a break in another ten-twenty years.

SW comics under Marvel Mediocrity can only mean good news for my wallet.

Admit it though, Disney owns Marvel. No way are they gonna let it slide under Dark Horse forever. I'm sort of under the impression that the PT era, including TCW, and the OT are all that matters now. Soon enough disney will move comic rights to Marvel, and stop any further EU novels, at least those extending beyond the OT timeline, and start their "new EU" to tie in the gaps between films and such. I honestly think if Disney really intends all these spin-offs and possibly another trilogy after the ST is done, we won't really have room for an EU outside of animated projects and video games. Lucas always said the novels weren't "his Star Wars", so I think Disney is finally stepping in and making it "their Star Wars." I have my doubts we see even half of the print/eBook material as we have now ever again, unless Disney gives the franchise a break in another ten-twenty years.

Probably not but I'd rather have more movies and animated features than endless EU, plus the Clone Wars has been changing EU for some time now. It's nothing new. Keep in mind though just how much crap is in the EU, most of it is exceptionally bad to mediocre with only a few being very well done. It's not a huge loss in my book.

Probably not but I'd rather have more movies and animated features than endless EU, plus the Clone Wars has been changing EU for some time now. It's nothing new. Keep in mind though just how much crap is in the EU, most of it is exceptionally bad to mediocre with only a few being very well done. It's not a huge loss in my book.
No I know what you mean. I personally, even as a huge SW fan, have only read a fraction of the EU novels, comics, etc. Money pretty much prevents that so Wookiepedia has enlightened me on what I've missed. I hated concepts like Jacen walking back in time and Chewie dying in an epically stupid way. However, a lot of things I liked too, on the whole Mara Jade, Kyle Katarn and all the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight games. Lumiya was mostly cool. And I loved Boba Fett in the EU.
That said, I'll never get around to reading a lot of it so I can't say I'll miss a lot, but there are parts I hope can stick around.

I didn't realize the 1313 game had been canned as well.

I also just realized, no "Boba will return with a vengeance!" arc that Filoni talked about, and no more on Bo-Katan. :(

I'd just like to see the battle on the ground level of Coruscant is all. I suppose they could say Ahsoka's arc did have an ending and since technically she'd no longer be in the actual Clone Wars and that the next time we see her will be a spin-off of her life after she walks away from the Jedi Order. Ventress is working as a bounty hunter, so like Cad Bane, Hondo and Embo I just see it as her future lying in the underworld ala Boba Fett. Maul is the biggest loose end IMO.
Man, I was really looking forward to that. Filoni said it'd be a big deal when Boba came back, and it was suppose to show him putting his personal mando armor/gear together. Heh, now all we have is him all tied up, and left for that fat alien thanks to Ventress.

Also here's part 2 of newsarama's interview with Ashley Eckstien in case anyone is interested http://www.newsarama.com/tv/ashley-eckstein-ahsoka-tano-exit-interview-2.html
They'll post the conclusion to the interview tomorrow.

No I know what you mean. I personally, even as a huge SW fan, have only read a fraction of the EU novels, comics, etc. Money pretty much prevents that so Wookiepedia has enlightened me on what I've missed. I hated concepts like Jacen walking back in time and Chewie dying in an epically stupid way. However, a lot of things I liked too, on the whole Mara Jade, Kyle Katarn and all the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight games. Lumiya was mostly cool. And I loved Boba Fett in the EU.
That said, I'll never get around to reading a lot of it so I can't say I'll miss a lot, but there are parts I hope can stick around.

I like Kyle Katarn too but the thing that really hurts the EU for me, is how much I can't stand Luke! I hate seeing illustrations of him in his Jedi robes or doing something stupid like "trying to beat the darkside from within" or trying to spout out wisdom. It's just annoying because it all just seems SO out of character from the Luke that we met in the films.

Heh, now all we have is him all tied up, and left for that fat alien thanks to Ventress.
Oh man, i'd forgotten that was the last time we saw Boba :hehe:

I hope the next animated series isn't traditional animation...Clone Wars spoiled me...the enviroments are beautiful as well as the space battles.

Oh man, i'd forgotten that was the last time we saw Boba :hehe:

What I would've given to see this in action:csad:

fettsc6hero.jpg

It might be one of the yet-to-be released episodes. Here's hoping.

Personally I've never been a huge Boba fan. Don't get me wrong, I like him well enough -he's cool- I just think there's cooler characters out there. Other than being told he's a super badass, I've never really seen any instance where he's done anything to warrant such a glorified reputation.

Regarding the EU, I think it'd be a shame if they can the whole thing altogether. There's just so much of it, to discard it completely would be crazy. That said, it's not like fans can't still go back and enjoy the work anyway. Disney can't delete stuff that already exists.

For the sake of new material, Episode 7 and so on, I certainly won't mind if things get retconned. Things like Chewie's death could be rewritten entirely and I don't think anyone will complain too much. If the new trilogy takes place when we all expect it to, some stuff is just going to have to change. It would be unrealistic to expect time periods and characters that have already been covered in novels, comics and video games to be adapted directly.

What I would've given to see this in action:csad:

fettsc6hero.jpg
Well look at it this way, at least you have hope of seeing that with a Boba Fett spinoff movie :cwink:

James: i'm not a huge Boba fan either. In fact i've always found him to be a bit overrated lol. I prefer Jango :yay:

I enjoy Boba a lot more here than in the OT. Granted, that's not saying much, but still.

Things like Chewie's death could be rewritten entirely and I don't think anyone will complain too much.

I will, but I know I'm alone in this, so it's ok.

Retconning EU stuff means I'll have to sell some books and comics. Which suits me fine, really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"