Clone Wars The Season 5 Discussion Thread

I will, but I know I'm alone in this, so it's ok.

Retconning EU stuff means I'll have to sell some books and comics. Which suits me fine, really.

Why would you have to sell anything? You can still read and enjoy and those versions of it. It's like I said, the stuff that already exists can't be magically erased. I like the adventures of Cade Skywalker, and if they some day make a movie -great! But even if it's not a direct adaption of the books, it won't change the fact I still like them :D

I have OCD when it comes to those things. If something's not in continuity, it's not in my house.

DC kinda destroyed me with their 52 half-assed "reboot".

Ahh, okay!

Yeah, I can imagine comics must drive you up the wall. Especially DC with their retconning the entire universe every few decades.

It's why I stopped buying them, basically.

SW retcons are massive, but far more stable than comics.

At least with Star Wars you can hit up Wookiepedia to check what's canon and what's not. DC are all over the place, everything is canon but it's not, this is canon, that's not but it was yesterday, but wait now Grant Morrison's made it canon again. I don't blame you for dropping them.

I have OCD when it comes to those things. If something's not in continuity, it's not in my house.

DC kinda destroyed me with their 52 half-assed "reboot".

Don't worry, I'm the same way. Although I won't get rid of my stuff, it bugs me if it gets retconned out of continuity. Basically my huge bias is Kyle Katarn. Dark Forces is safe for now because it takes place before and around A New Hope, but all entries in his life beyond that may be history. Academy had the worst story, but with all the fun I had with it, I can't stand to see it all wiped away.

Is this show winding down,meaning that season 6 will be the last season,or is it cancelled?

Is this show winding down,meaning that season 6 will be the last season,or is it cancelled?
Cancelled, however, we are supposedly getting Season 6 in some format, so in season form, 5 will be the last. We aren't sure if we'll get all of Season 6 or not, or if Filoni and co are allowed an actual ending to the show, or we just get what they've got and that is it.

I will, but I know I'm alone in this, so it's ok.

Retconning EU stuff means I'll have to sell some books and comics. Which suits me fine, really.

I love the EU, but Chewie's death was kinda ridiculous.

But when it comes to comics, if Dark Horse Star Wars stories is all the Star Wars I could get I would be very happy. Dark Horse hardly ever fails to give me enjoyment!

season 6 will probably cut out all the filler episodes and Disney will release a DVD mini-series covering only the crucial episodes that clear out the open story arcs

season 6 will probably cut out all the filler episodes and Disney will release a DVD mini-series covering only the crucial episodes that clear out the open story arcs
I hope not, I hope we get to watch all the remaining episodes. Maybe even get the filler episode as webisodes. :jedi

I hope not, I hope we get to watch all the remaining episodes. Maybe even get the filler episode as webisodes. :jedi

You know the more I think about it, The Clone Wars was crap. Ideally there shouldn't be filler episodes look at Avengers Earths Mightiest Heroes. Some episodes may have appeared to be filler or exposition but by the end, they have turned out to be the climax of some running subplot even if it's not the height of the current arc. The Clone Wars for the most part was two or three very well done story arcs and 5-10 episodes of total crap. The fact we're even talking about filler episodes says it all.

I'm not really happy it got cancelled because I don't think Disneys gonna do much better (just look at Ultimate Spider-Man...oh lord help us) but I'm starting to see the show more for what it was as the news sets in.

I'll admit there are definitely some episodes I didn't like, but I'd never go so far as to call the entire show "crap." A lot of the "filler" episodes did eventually tie into other more significant arcs, even if it were only in a small way. And this is just personal opinion of course, but I felt as good as the big story arcs were, some of those smaller stories that focused on the more peripheral goings-on of the war were really good.

We don't know yet. No doubt something that's been left for the ill-fated season six. We may never know.

I'll admit there are definitely some episodes I didn't like, but I'd never go so far as to call the entire show "crap." A lot of the "filler" episodes did eventually tie into other more significant arcs, even if it were only in a small way. And this is just personal opinion of course, but I felt as good as the big story arcs were, some of those smaller stories that focused on the more peripheral goings-on of the war were really good.

But not compared to the Avengers and the one offs were nothing to compared to Batman the Animated Series. Instead of planning so far ahead and creating great story arcs for future seasons, they should have just cut the filler and given us a stronger show. I mean have you noticed how since season 3, they've been marketing the show around a strong story arc but push it off until the very end of the season so people stay tuned for all the filler in hopes they can see what was advertised? pretty weak overall.

You know ideally season 4 would have had more Maul in it. Like the first episode would have been Savage would have found him, around episode 10 would have been brothers, and episode 11 would have been the one where they ally themselves with the pirates, then have the Maul/Pre Vizla arc be the season finale. The Ventress stuff can be going on in between the episodes, maybe General Krell, and you have a much stronger season than what they were willing to give us.

In interviews with the guy that did Mauls voice, he hinted to stuff that happened this season with the Mandalore arc so clearly it had been planned out. They should have just done it already and allowed for the creative process to provide new ideas for future episodes.

why did they waste episodes on useless arcs like the droids one for an example,when they obviously had good ones up their sleeves?

My only guess is they didn't think those arcs were as crappy as we do. Personally the droid arc is really the only one that I consider unwatchable. Every other episode might not live up to the standard the show was capable of, but there was always something to be taken away from even the most boring episodes. The droid arc is just a nightmare mix of terrible characters, dull story, weak humor and even weaker action.

I can't believe they thought that droid arc was actually good.

I want a series between III and IV. It could start with the rise of Vader and the fall of the Jedi, show what happens to Ahsoka, bring in Starkiller, and conclude Starkiller's story.

I want a series between III and IV. It could start with the rise of Vader and the fall of the Jedi, show what happens to Ahsoka, bring in Starkiller, and conclude Starkiller's story.

That would be pretty cool. They'd probably have to retell Starkiller's story to some degree because a lot of people are unfamiliar with it. It would be pretty cool to see the Jedi being hunted, if a little depressing.

That would be pretty cool. They'd probably have to retell Starkiller's story to some degree because a lot of people are unfamiliar with it. It would be pretty cool to see the Jedi being hunted, if a little depressing.
With stuff like beheadings in CW, I think they could do it. And yeah, but I'd be all for a retelling! Would rather sit down and watch his journey than reply game mechanics that could get old after beating it multiple times. haha

With stuff like beheadings in CW, I think they could do it. And yeah, but I'd be all for a retelling! Would rather sit down and watch his journey than reply game mechanics that could get old after beating it multiple times. haha

I meant more in terms of watching the good guys get slain all the time, the violence is fine :D

Seeing Starkiller's story retold could be really good, I'm definitely with you on that. The first game took place over the course of a couple of years (I think?) so we only really got to see a few key events. Because of that the relationship between Starkiller and Juno seemed really, really rushed. The games might not have got the best reception (I liked them) but the character and his story are cool and have great potential.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"