The Simpsons Movie

Gamma Ray said:
Thanks for the link. Funny.

Your welcome & I bet The Simpsons Fans that are not Online as much as us were in COMPLETE SHOCK when they saw this tonight :up::):up: After 10 Years they are making a Movie

xwolverine2 said:
DAM RIGHT!:up: :up: :o

this teaser talk is bull****!!!...LOL!
Ha, that post is funny to read now, especially since the teaser is real. :o

You should read that article a bit more closely.

they should have made this 5 years or so ago when the Simpsons were in their prime. oh well, i'll still check it out.

Mr. Credible said:
they should have made this 5 years or so ago when the Simpsons were in their prime. oh well, i'll still check it out.

I say 10 years AT LEAST. they should've taken a cue from South Park and made it when it was in its prime.

I said this in an another thread:

The only way I see them doing something new is progressing the simpsons. Bart finally goes to 5th grade. Lisa goes to 3rd grade. Maggie talks. They grow a 5th finger and toe. Lenny and Carl finally come out of the closet. Revealing what state Springfield is in. I don't know. Trying to be creative.

yeah, i mean, it's definately got potential. the few times i do laugh at the newer episodes of the Simpsons, i laugh pretty damn hard. now, if they could just make a whole movie like that.

the animation in the teaser looked nice, too. very clean.

If they can't make a decent and funny 20 minute episode anymore,how are they going to do a movie??

The Simpsons ran out of steam years ago.

Maybe the writers will put all of their effort into the movie. I dunno. The show obviously has/had good writers. Look at Futurama. So, if they can just get the writers that actually know how to write the Simpsons for the movie... it will be good. If it's like your regular new episode... aye aye aye.

I'm so glad this is on here, last night I missed all of it except for him saying we better get started.

That's funny, Homer wearing a, :supes: T-shirt! I think they should've made this movie years ago, and through the years I'd hear things here and there, but they'd say things like the time's not right, or we're waiting for the right story, so after all these years of waiting they'd better have a great story and a very cool movie.

Nothing too special about it but its nice to know it exists.

Well, it´s all written by veterans of the show´s prime, Meyer, Swartzwelder, Mirkin, Sellman, Vitti... Who knows, maybe the big screen is a chance for them to do things they won´t or can´t do on TV and it feels more interesting than the current episodes. But yeah, the best would have been to do this maybe eight, nine years ago, when it was still one of the top comedies on TV.

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Twentieth Century Fox will formally announce today that its long-awaited "The Simpsons" feature will open worldwide in theaters on July 27th, 2007. Fox introduced a 20-second teaser trailer Friday on prints of "Ice Age: The Meltdown", and screened it during last night's broadcast of the show.

The production staff are in the storyboarding stage following two years of script drafts and three covert cast readings. Though news of the movie became known when a feature option was made part of contract renewals for show regulars in 2001, the script and release strategy were successfully cloaked in secrecy.

David Silverman, the "Simpsons" supervising animation director who co-helmed 2001's "Monsters, Inc.," is set as director. Deals are done with show regulars Dan Castellaneta, Julie Kavner, Nancy Cartwright, Yeardley Smith, Hank Azaria, Harry Shearer, Pamela Hayden and Tress MacNeille.

"We've also set Albert Brooks, Minnie Driver and the real Erin Brockovich, so you should be able to deduce the plot just from that information," said series vet Al Jean to Variety. The original intention was to delay the film until the show was done but last month, Fox committed to two more seasons of the show.

"We tried to save this until the end of the series, but that intention was undone by good ratings. The movie has been so daunting, and the contract between us has always been to wait until we all felt the script was right...we feel we now have a story and script worthy of a movie. And there was so much secrecy that it's actually a relief to be able to speak about it now" says show creator Matt Groening.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news06/060403f.php
[/FONT]

Lol, funny trailer. I think the Superman shirt is kick ass!

I like the animation. It's less sterile, more rough. Closer to the earlier episodes. Good move. :up:

Having all the veteran writers lined up, and Albert Brooks signed up, I'm slightly more optimistic than I probably should be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"