The Simpsons Movie

The excellent at the end is excellent.

Yes. [Burns voice]Excellent[/Burns Voice]

I'm getting really excited but I'm just going to burn myself out. The movie doesn't come out for over a year.

I would marry the simpsons if I could.

I wished they'd played it differently. Instead of Homer being nervous about it, I think it would have been better if he just hadn't cared. Like in that episode where Marge is angry at Homer for not disiplining Bart, and Homer just mumbles something at her while sitting on the couch with his eyes half closed... I think it was the Itchy and Scratchy Movie episode?

That would have been cool but I think they wanted to play up the dunce-ish quality of Homer, which he's most known for.

ToddIsDead said:
That would have been cool but I think they wanted to play up the dunce-ish quality of Homer, which he's most known for.

I would have to agree with Todd here.

He was funnier when he was more angrily dumb and negligent than buffoonish. Case in point, "Lisa, just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand."

JackBauer said:
I say 10 years AT LEAST. they should've taken a cue from South Park and made it when it was in its prime.

^I agree.

Anyone ahve a non QT version of the teaser? Im at work :(

Nevermind, found a working youtube link.

JackBauer said:
I say 10 years AT LEAST. they should've taken a cue from South Park and made it when it was in its prime.
But South Park is in it's prime now. :confused: The current episodes are much better than the earlier ones.

It is a funny trailer with the S for Superman/Simpsons joke, but I agree it´d have been funnier if Homer sounded indifferent instead of worried. We´d have had both the dumb and the careless Homer. The thing I worry the most is how they´re going to portray Homer, if more like in the earlier seasons, when the character was more consistent, or now, that Homer seems to possess every behavior disorder known to man: he screams for nothing, cries for nothing, gets in fetal position for nothing, dances shirtless for nothing...

We've been waiting since 1990 when studios wanted to do a live action version of the Simpsons and now Hollywood knows that real actors can't do the job so lets make it animated instead, let's hope its good.

Lazlo Panaflex said:
We've been waiting since 1990 when studios wanted to do a live action version of the Simpsons and now Hollywood knows that real actors can't do the job so lets make it animated instead, let's hope its good.

Here's for hoping. :up:

here are some "spoilers" for the movie (although i'd take with a tablespoon of salt given the source)

In the movie Homer causes an accident at the nuclear power plant - which causes the town’s drinking water to be spoilt. Therefore, Erin Brockovich is guest starring - playing herself. After the incident, Homer gets fired from the plant, and majority of Springfield's citizens move away.

There is not going to be a dome built over the town.

But, in one scene, when people are trying to figure out what to do at the city hall meeting - Professor Frink suggests a “giant dome” should be built around the town. The dome rumors could've started from that.

There will also be cameos by Albert Brooks' previous characters, but I don't know who they are, and I don't know whether he's going to play any bigger part.

source: http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=22951

sounds like a mediocre episode at best, let alone movie plot. i think they ought to bring back Hank Scorpio for the movie.

Look man, as long as Frink and Disco Stu(where the hell has he been lately) are in it, I'm good. I think the nervous Homer is more in tune with the recent Homer persona, as he does tend to get freaked out more nowadays.

Mr. Credible said:
here are some "spoilers" for the movie (although i'd take with a tablespoon of salt given the source)

In the movie Homer causes an accident at the nuclear power plant - which causes the town’s drinking water to be spoilt. Therefore, Erin Brockovich is guest starring - playing herself. After the incident, Homer gets fired from the plant, and majority of Springfield's citizens move away.

There is not going to be a dome built over the town.

But, in one scene, when people are trying to figure out what to do at the city hall meeting - Professor Frink suggests a “giant dome” should be built around the town. The dome rumors could've started from that.

There will also be cameos by Albert Brooks' previous characters, but I don't know who they are, and I don't know whether he's going to play any bigger part.

source: http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=22951

sounds like a mediocre episode at best, let alone movie plot. i think they ought to bring back Hank Scorpio for the movie.

The South Park movie plot sounded like a TV plot. Look what happened there.

Doc Ock said:
If they can't make a decent and funny 20 minute episode anymore,how are they going to do a movie??

The Simpsons ran out of steam years ago.

:up:

Let's face it, the storylien is not important. All the storyline needed is a catalyst for a lot of good jokes. Bart winning an elephant, Homer being attractive to a female co-worker, Apu being fired and Homer helping him get his job back, and so on.

D'Artagnan said:
Let's face it, the storylien is not important. All the storyline needed is a catalyst for a lot of good jokes. Bart winning an elephant, Homer being attractive to a female co-worker, Apu being fired and Homer helping him get his job back, and so on.
Yeah, the show really isn't about the story lines. Granted there have been some good ones, but the show is really about the characters and their interactions and jokes. When your show has had about a thousand different characters, it tends to be a more character driven show.

A lot of you are bashing the movie.

WTF.

They've been working on the movie for years, wiritng the script, re-writing the script, that's why the episodes arent as good anymore: because theyve been working on the movie as well, trying to make it awesome. And it will be trust me.

Ultimate Movie-Man said:
A lot of you are bashing the movie.

WTF.

They've been working on the movie for years, wiritng the script, re-writing the script, that's why the episodes arent as good anymore: because theyve been working on the movie as well, trying to make it awesome. And it will be trust me.
No, the reasons the episodes aren't good any more is because they've used just about every idea, and the writers they have now aren't good.

I wasn't bashing the movie. I should of been more specific, but they should bring back hank scorpio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"