The Simpsons Movie

That's definitely bad.

And I'd love to see Hank Scorpio again. He could be a cool character for the movie.

A.J.Rimmer(BSC) said:
Is that good or bad?

it's bad. You haven't even seen one thing of the movie yet except a teaser that has nothing to do with the movie. the only thing the teaser does is that it informs us of a movie. It just bothers me when people have that kind of reaction without giving something a chance. and I know it's your opinion and that's fine if it is, but I also have my opinion and my opinion is that I think your being too hasty.

*note* I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm just saying what I think and I'm saying this with respect to you. So don't take this as offensive.

No. You know how Fox gets with their most money-making franchises. They made like four versions of Fantastic Four and released one, or they altered it to such an extent they made it how THEY wanted it (****ers).

The Simpsons movie plot won't be revealed until near next year, it's Fox's way of saying it's most likely crap...though I hope it's not...:(:(

Harry Shearer was on a morning radio show this morning and talked a little about the movie. He said he was going to be doing some voice work this afternoon because the writers did a massive rewrite of the script.

That doesn't sound good...though I hope it will work out for the better. I just don't want this to get too hyped or something. It will fail with some people.

Those are the funniest clips of the Simpsons in years! I seriously can't remember the last time I laughed so hard at The Simpsons...its been a long time.

Seems like Matt Groening & Co. have been holding back on us...

:up:

Ugh, didn't like that first one at all. Felt like the same kind of material we've been getting the last several years where the writers think silly equates to funny even if it's jilted and poorly set up. Second one was a bit better, but didn't really have much in it. I'm still hesitant about the whole thing.

it takes about five years to create an animated feature like this. the best simpson's writers have probably been working on the movie in that time, which is why it will be much better than any of the shows in the last few years.

I'm seriously trying to understand what was in the least bit funny about those clips? Maybe The Simpsons have been so bad for so long I'm no longer interested.

I thought it was very good, I hope Maggie gets to fight :up:

Second clip was pretty cool. :up: Or at least the bit was Maggie was.

I think this movie will rule, but personally I would love to see another Family Guy movie, but to go in theatres. The Simpsons are great don't get me wrong, but I miss the classical stupid Homer Simpson not the more intelligent one we have now.

This movie will probably be one of highest grossing movies next year..it may even be on par with spidey 3 numbers.

it seems like the writers are trying to recapture the same humor from the mid 90s era, which to me was the best.

The entire town of Springfield

VS

the Simpson family?

How the hell are the Simpsons gonna pull off a win?

Socrates said:
Second clip was pretty cool. :up: Or at least the bit was Maggie was.

Yeah right. Seems like they want to use her as a Stewie-like character.

Yeah, it would be really funny if she started talking with a British accent.

Althought the real Stewie would just ditch the broken bottle and fry the monkey with his laser gun...

One thing's for sure, this'll be a monster at the Box Office.

Ultimate Movie-Man said:
That doesn't sound good...though I hope it will work out for the better. I just don't want this to get too hyped or something. It will fail with some people.

The Simpsons always do massive script rewrites. They say it's the key to the dimensions to their humour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"