The Skrulls thread!

So do we like the skrull look or what?
They're not great. I've seen better looking heroes/villains look much better and get much more hate. I guess the marvel train just keeps people from uttering anything remotely critical.

They're not great. I've seen better looking heroes/villains look much better and get much more hate. I guess the marvel train just keeps people from uttering anything remotely critical.

That or maybe people had a different opinion than you and hated a design you like? Funny thing opinions are! They can be different :wow:

No. It sounds like an excuse for why something you liked was less popular. Plenty of MCU designs were not met with warm receptions. See Captain America's costume in Avengers for example. I can cite plenty of examples. Why are the Skrulls not getting as much hate as you think they should maybe? Because we're all different and maybe you dislike it more than others. It happens. Seems like a logical enough explanation to me.

The ears look too rubbery. It reminds me of an alien they would design for the older Star Trek movies. Hopefully looks better once more effects are added in.

I gotta say they look kind of cheap.
Also these EW "First Look" images are for the most part pretty underwhelming. The real thing always looks better though.

XGXMxAI.jpg

I know nerds love their practical but I'm starting to think they may have needed to mocap these dudes.

I don't see why the Skrulls need to be mo-capped. They're completely humanoid.

Kinda bland compared to their comic counterparts/

They look like they belong on the CW, especially with those leather costumes.

Wow, pretty shocked at all the Negative Nancies on this. They look great to me.

So glad they went the Red Skull/Nebula/Ronan/Frost Giants approach with them, as opposed to the Russos' angle with the Black Order. Colors could be a little brighter, both the outfits and the skin tone, but overall they look awesome. Nice detail, and more than that they're actually physically in-camera which is always a million times better than the alternative approach.

That's...pretty awesome, right there. :D

*Does the Mariah Carey "One Sweet Day" lame vocal gymnastics stuff. In Ben Mendelsohn's silly accent.*

They really don’t look the best in that photo, I agree with another poster who said they look cheap. I won’t write the look off until I see them in the final movie, as things always look better there, but for now I am disappointed.

At a glance they remind me of the dark elves from TDW. The design itself is good enough, but the green they used is far too light. Given that these are only stills without any post production effects, I'm hopeful they'll look better in the actual film footage. Paper grading could improve the make-up a lot.

Not familiar with this term - what do you mean by "paper grading"...?

The green could stand to be a little more comic bookish which they can easily adjust in post.

Not familiar with this term - what do you mean by "paper grading"...?

The green could stand to be a little more comic bookish which they can easily adjust in post.
It was a typo. I meant proper color grading. All films are color corrected in post, something those stills wouldn't account for.

I can’t wait to see them transform for the first time

I wouldn't hold out for too much difference with the color grading in post. That's not a set-pic, pretty clearly it's already been gussied up to be suitable for public viewing.

They look great to me, but wouldn't count on them altering the coloring too much, they clearly wanted us to see that image as-is.

Do you reckon the skrull ships are going to look like this?

I reckon it’s a genius idea to make the skrulls australian. I mean how could you tell me this creature isn’t a reptile from outer space?

Good god, you truly are really, really Australian-y, dude. Australianese? Auswegian? :oldrazz:

Haha yes despite people repeated attempts to say I am australian and I’m australian born and live there currently. Maybe ausmerican? Or Ausraeli?

We get to see live action Skrulls today. :cool:

Same shot as the promo pic.

Bwaha, couple of people on the main page claiming "they look better!" even though it's ostensibly exactly the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"