Ben Mendelsohn is Talos the Tamer

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
Didn't see a thread so I thought we better create one.

Who do you think he is playing? The super skrull would be fun but I see him as more of a thug, like the Uruk-hai. Powerful but probably more physical than a chatterbox.

Emperor Dorrek would be interesting. If they're doing secret invasion then it's interesting to see the skrulls as radicalised insurgents without a homeworld or any real structure

Last edited:
Wasn’t it confirmed he was playing Yon-Rogg?

So far I've only seen him listed as "the villain"

I like that Yon-Rogg’s wiki description is “military commander whose weakness is his jealousy of the accomplishments of others“.

That’s Mendelsohn in Star Wars!

Yeah I'm a bit worried about him doing the same character again but I'm sure Marvel know what they're doing. They're so much cleverer than I am!

I'm about 50/50 on Yon-Rogg and Dorrek. It'll be one of those for sure.

I’m definitely leaning towards dorrek. I wonder why we haven’t seen him yet?

Although, what can he really do? How is he going to cut loose if we already know the skrulls didn’t win

I’m definitely leaning towards dorrek. I wonder why we haven’t seen him yet?

Although, what can he really do? How is he going to cut loose if we already know the skrulls didn’t win

I don't follow?

Well, if it occurs in the ‘90s we know it doesn’t end in a skrull paradise doesn’t it? Because if it did we would have seen the Statue of Liberty with a skrull face by now or something and iron man et all would be out shovelling and building pyramids for their new masters

Or an silent invasion took a set back with The Avengers coming together. Earth is a bigger target for cosmic conflict. Had to readjust.

F*** it, who knows? Maybe they pull a Planet of the Apes at the end of infinity war :woot:

I’m still thinking they will make Dorrek a Skrull General. Or maybe they’ll just go all out and say he’s the super skrull. Go all Uruk Hai on that. Imagine how cool that would be!

DmWGkXXVsAAXXET

Talos, the ninth divine. He will betray Fury and take out his eye, thus proving that the Aldmeri were right about him.

Wasn't even an option on the poll, lol.

Seems they went a little more humanoid for the Skrulls than the preview art shown at SDCC had us believe.

Seems they went a little more humanoid for the Skrulls than the preview art shown at SDCC had us believe.

I think there'll be some effects added in post but yeah, they look a bit different from the concept art

I'd like to see him as a returning villain, not a one and done deal.

Secret Invasion set-up.

Ha well looks like we were all wrong. Funny I’ve never heard of Talos before but he sounds really intriguing. Definitely not just a cheap version of Krennic.

I’m interested in what Feige said about being inspired by t2: judgement day. Imagine how epic it would be if talos had that same steely singleminded determination to track down and kill Carol as the t2000

He really needs an epic music score like the t2000 had

Well there's a apparently a car chase involving an 18-wheeler at some point...

I'm guessing that sequence will take some inspiration from T2.

Ha well looks like we were all wrong. Funny I’ve never heard of Talos before but he sounds really intriguing. Definitely not just a cheap version of Krennic.

I’m interested in what Feige said about being inspired by t2: judgement day. Imagine how epic it would be if talos had that same steely singleminded determination to track down and kill Carol as the t2000

He really needs an epic music score like the t2000 had
You mentioning the T2000 just made me realize that the MCU needs to find a role for Robert Patrick.

I'm sure the T2 inspiration comes from the shape shifting aspect of the Skrulls that lends itself to be used in ways both unnerving and surprising.

thumb-1920-571607.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"