Dark Phoenix The Sophie Turner/Jean Grey/Phoenix Thread

JP

Smelly
Reaction score
Home girl is the movie title. Home girl deserves a thread.

i have been rewatching game of thrones episodes 2 a day to do complete rewatch before season premiere july 16.in season 6 now and they here allow her to start going dark.which is approate with her going dark in this film.

I really hope they show the full power of the Phoenix. We saw in X-Men Apocalypse that the Phoenix is already inside Jean but they don't know yet, they think that its just another power that she's developing.

DDgNI-SW0AEjEYA.jpg

her hair is great. love it <3

I really hope they show the full power of the Phoenix. We saw in X-Men Apocalypse that the Phoenix is already inside Jean but they don't know yet, they think that its just another power that she's developing.
I'm not sure how the new films are going to play this, but since Professor X didn't repress her powers, the TLS idea of the Phoenix as a repressed personality shouldn't be in play here.

I'm not sure how the new films are going to play this, but since Professor X didn't repress her powers, the TLS idea of the Phoenix as a repressed personality shouldn't be in play here.

thing many are forgetting the film version of pheonix is closer to ultimate version and chris claremont's original idea because others rfetconed it and that is jean's power is much greater than it being cosmic force.since in this timeline xavier never repressed her powers the repressed personality shouldn't be an issue.

it defently seems like plot of the film may be sh'iar aware of the poential and danger of jean and her power come to earth to get ahold of jean and kill her.
which is loose version of uncanny X-men #137

I'm curious to see how Jean's story plays out this time. I hope Jean is herself and pretty damn likable for a while. The character in Apocalypse didn't leave a big impression on me.

Honestly I'm concerned about how Turner is going to carry this role. Is she good in GoT?

I'm curious to see how Jean's story plays out this time. I hope Jean is herself and pretty damn likable for a while. The character in Apocalypse didn't leave a big impression on me.

Honestly I'm concerned about how Turner is going to carry this role. Is she good in GoT?

sophie has gotten better on game of thrones.she has been victim who is now becoming darker.

I don't see this question floating around much, yet it must be in everyone's minds...

Is this Sophie Turner's last X-movie?

I don't see this question floating around much, yet it must be in everyone's minds...

Is this Sophie Turner's last X-movie?

inless kinberg f-cks around she should also be in next film she she signed 3 film deal as did all new actors in apocalypse.

I mean, it would depend on how they wanted to end the story but...what initially happened to Jean at the end of the DPS?

That's the last thing I want, just surprised no one is talking about it.

for her to die would mean even more contunity issues considering the ending
of dofp.kinberg,the one we should be listening to,has said barring another time travel story x-men films in past are leading to future ending of dofp.

Jean's not gonna die.

I highly doubt they'll kill her off since DoFP made such a big deal out of the fact that she survives in this timeline. Although I guess she could plausibly have another "fake out" death, like at the end of X2, and then come back later. But that would feel redundant so I hope not.

I dunno how many would be all that taken by her death since she has been killed several times in this series already.

They could have something that happens to jean where she is gone between dark phoenix and the next movie but who knows.

Last edited:
Dying and coming back is sort of the point of The Phoenix, isn't it?

I can't wait to see if she has a Phoenix costume and what it will look like.

I saw WONDER WOMAN last night and it really made me think how we've never seen any of the female X-Men bulldozing through villains like that. Only Logan usually does it. Jean has TK she could throw minions left and right and use force fields to protect herself from incoming attacks.

I hope they go all out for Phoenix power displays in this movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"