Comics The stories you can tell with a single peter parker.....

I was actually expressing my disbelief over such a "drama queen" post, which you seem to come out with in spades.
Yeah... I got it sparky. The redirection was intentional.

I know it's hard for a cheerleader (shill?) like you to get, but MY irritation is MILD compared to MANY I've read... I haven't yet written of JQ, "you can see the editorial influence all over this story like the blood and feces covered handprint of someone who must really like to touch things a lot..." Try reading this if you want some highly entertaining "drama" http://www.i-mockery.com/comics/longbox22/

FACT is, MOST fans find this offensive in the first degree. I'm HARDLY unique or the most vehement.

MY irritation is MILD compared to MANY I've read...

Not really, no. Many people clearly don't like OMD and BND by proxy (not on its own merits, of course) but you seem to take that hatred to a personal and disgustingly melodramatic level. Even the most annoyingly anti-BND people still act of sound mind; your posts, on the other hand, are the furthest thing from reason--and your previous post directed at the first page of BND proves that.

Btw, has anyone here ever taken a basic English class? Does no one here know what a logical fallacy is?

Captivated... I've held silent for a while, because I knew that YOU, of all people around here, would flip her proverbial lid when this was all coming to light.

I can't tell you what to feel and/or like... but you really need to get some perspective. They are comics. Yes, they are comics about a beloved character that we both love, but comics nonetheless... things happen in comics that we can either like or dislike. Unfortunately, the dislikes come around once in a while, and we deal with them and decide to move on or simply stop. Though this recent "flipping out" on your part is based on a judgement of ONE panel... that's just over-reaction without seeing the whole comic, but I know you'll never pick one up. I'm sure many people felt and reacted the sme way as you have back in 1973 when Marvel decided to kill Gwen because of an inability to develop her character at the time. Stop or move on. It's as simple as that.

And that's all I have to say about that.

Thanks for your time.
You clearly love Spider-Man and are a long-time fan. Your scores on the trivia games alone speak to the commitment and time you have invested. And clearly they have not been able to write anything offensive enough for you to consider the "game over."

But, TRY to imagine for a moment that they DID ruin the character for you beyond remedy. They DID manage to write something so offensive to you that you HAD to stop reading (I know it's hard, but TRY). How disappointed and angry would YOU be THEN? And how irritating would you find patronizing advice like "get perspective" then?

And BTW... Comparing OMD and the "new" reality (which is honestly on the same level as the clone debacle) to the night Gwen Stacy died? Come on... Not even you can honestly trivialize what they have just done like that.

Does anyone find it funny that they went to ridiculous measures to erase 20 years of development so that Spidey could be relevant for today's generation, then judging by the first page, which is all I'll ever read, they are still clearly both out of touch and ******ed? I know that they want to be funny by using an outdated term like "macking", but just like any parent trying to sound hip on a Talk To Your Kids About Drugs, OK? commercial, they arent even getting the slang they dont understand correct. If he is making out with the girl all ready he is past the macking stage, so it doesnt make any sense and is just embarressing to read. They should have dropped that and the 1998 enfused Girls Gone Wild reference and had him say that he was "doin work" on her.

You clearly love Spider-Man and are a long-time fan. Your scores on the trivia games alone speak to the commitment and time you have invested. And clearly they have not been able to write anything offensive enough for you to consider the "game over."

But, TRY to imagine for a moment that they DID ruin the character for you beyond remedy. They DID manage to write something so offensive to you that you HAD to stop reading (I know it's hard, but TRY). How disappointed and angry would YOU be THEN? And how irritating would you find patronizing advice like "get perspective" then?

And BTW... Comparing OMD and the "new" reality (which is honestly on the same level as the clone debacle) to the night Gwen Stacy died? Come on... Not even you can honestly trivialize what they have just done like that.

Actually, only once in my 33 years of reading monthly Spider-Man titles did I stop... right after the conclusion of the Clone Saga and they brought back Norman Osborn as a "quick fix" solution and to make matters WORSE, they said that HE was responsible for practically every bad thing that had happened to Peter since ASM #121... :wow: :wow: :wow:

It was too much... continuity seemed wrecked to me, and I stopped. This was in 1997.

I came back in 2001 when I heard that some writer named JMS was coming on board and he was going to right the ship... make Spidey good again. Of course, once I signed on, it was going to be potentially temporary because I wanted to see what this guy could do. The Morlun arc (great in its first 4 parts, but a somewhat lackluster ending) convinced me enough to give this guy a chance and I decided to keep going. Of course, my collector's mentality made me buy the missing 50 issues in my 4 year absence (I can honestly say that I have 546 consecutive issues of ASM), and as time went on, I signed on the the other Spidey books on the market.

Now I'm faced with the same situation. OMD sucked big time donkey balls, I've made NO secret of that. However, as I'm in my 40th year, I realize that while I didn't like it, I view it as part of the melodrama that has been the life of Peter Parker and that the Spectre of Spider-Man will keep him away from those he loves... we've seen this motif in all eras of Spidey going back to Betty & Gwen... And I could quit one more time... but for what? To simply come back in 4 more years? To come back to an even bigger retconned mess that will poorly attempt to right this ship? One even far more worse than the ressurection of Norman Osborn? I'd rather not see that.

And what keeps me going in this trying time is the fact that despite the terrible thing that was OMD, I see new and good creative writers and I see efforts in trying to bring back that old time soap opera storytelling feel to Spider-Man books that have been missing for almost 25 years. And I've been told that a lot of the new "inconsistancies" will be explained, so I'm willing to keep going and seeing how this plays out.

If it doesn't go in a particular way that I'll enjoy, you & me & Norman Osborn and a few others can all meet for a few drinks and whip out a few Essentials and talk about the good ol' days.

And lastly, I wasn't comparing the Day Gwen Stacy Died to OMD... just their outcomes... that Peter Parker's main love interest was no more... though with this new era, we still have hope that Mary Jane and Peter will reunite.

Thanks for your time with the lovely reply,

Best regards,

Mike

:batty:

Best manip I've seen in a while. Glad we got something good out of OMD in the end.

If it doesn't go in a particular way that I'll enjoy, you & me & Norman Osborn and a few others can all meet for a few drinks and whip out a few Essentials and talk about the good ol' days.

Who's buying?.....it's a legit question!!

Actually, only once in my 33 years of reading monthly Spider-Man titles did I stop... right after the conclusion of the Clone Saga and they brought back Norman Osborn as a "quick fix" solution and to make matters WORSE, they said that HE was responsible for practically every bad thing that had happened to Peter since ASM #121... :wow: :wow: :wow:

It was too much... continuity seemed wrecked to me, and I stopped. This was in 1997.

I came back in 2001 when I heard that some writer named JMS was coming on board and he was going to right the ship... make Spidey good again. Of course, once I signed on, it was going to be potentially temporary because I wanted to see what this guy could do. The Morlun arc (great in its first 4 parts, but a somewhat lackluster ending) convinced me enough to give this guy a chance and I decided to keep going. Of course, my collector's mentality made me buy the missing 50 issues in my 4 year absence (I can honestly say that I have 546 consecutive issues of ASM), and as time went on, I signed on the the other Spidey books on the market.

Now I'm faced with the same situation. OMD sucked big time donkey balls, I've made NO secret of that. However, as I'm in my 40th year, I realize that while I didn't like it, I view it as part of the melodrama that has been the life of Peter Parker and that the Spectre of Spider-Man will keep him away from those he loves... we've seen this motif in all eras of Spidey going back to Betty & Gwen... And I could quit one more time... but for what? To simply come back in 4 more years? To come back to an even bigger retconned mess that will poorly attempt to right this ship? One even far more worse than the ressurection of Norman Osborn? I'd rather not see that.

And what keeps me going in this trying time is the fact that despite the terrible thing that was OMD, I see new and good creative writers and I see efforts in trying to bring back that old time soap opera storytelling feel to Spider-Man books that have been missing for almost 25 years. And I've been told that a lot of the new "inconsistancies" will be explained, so I'm willing to keep going and seeing how this plays out.

And lastly, I wasn't comparing the Day Gwen Stacy Died to OMD... just their outcomes... that Peter Parker's main love interest was no more... though with this new era, we still have hope that Mary Jane and Peter will reunite.

Best regards,

Mike

Thats a pretty good response.

Does anyone find it funny that they went to ridiculous measures to erase 20 years of development so that Spidey could be relevant for today's generation, then judging by the first page, which is all I'll ever read, they are still clearly both out of touch and ******ed? I know that they want to be funny by using an outdated term like "macking", but just like any parent trying to sound hip on a Talk To Your Kids About Drugs, OK? commercial, they arent even getting the slang they dont understand correct. If he is making out with the girl all ready he is past the macking stage, so it doesnt make any sense and is just embarressing to read. They should have dropped that and the 1998 enfused Girls Gone Wild reference and had him say that he was "doin work" on her.

That's one of the reasons good writing doesn't get too caught up in trends, fads, and pop culture. Once you reference that alot it becomes dated or out of place when new pop culture emerges. but everything recycles. Retro is in, so whats old? Its hard to know anymore. And a lot of the latest stuff isn't really hip or cool, either. It's just the latest flavor of the month.

Look at some of the older tv shows in syndication. The most successful ones are still the ones that don't use a lot of terms and expressions from a particular time. The timelessness keeps it from being dated. And what people think is all that right now will be whatever in ten years. so it goes.

where the hell did that origiunal pic come from?

I'm offended much more by the actual picture than I am the fake JJJ kissing manip...you know that if he was actually making out with JJJ, it would be the punchline of some crazy comedy story.

But having the first page of this book, from right after they destroyed the marraige, being Pete making out with some skank, it's like kicking the fans in the nuts (OMD) and then walking over to them while they're down and slapping them with your glove (the BND image).

Best regards,

Mike

You're the best, TMOB. I'm happy for you're such a great fan of Spidey, like me. You stand up for him no matter what happening. Thanks. :cwink:

Not really, no. Many people clearly don't like OMD and BND by proxy (not on its own merits, of course) but you seem to take that hatred to a personal and disgustingly melodramatic level. Even the most annoyingly anti-BND people still act of sound mind; your posts, on the other hand, are the furthest thing from reason--and your previous post directed at the first page of BND proves that.

Btw, has anyone here ever taken a basic English class? Does no one here know what a logical fallacy is?

Jeez...give captivated a break will ya?
there are SOOOOO many reasons to be angry with OMD/BND besides the marriage being gone.

The continuity being screwed over. call it clone saga 2007. excuses like "spidey still unmasked, some people remember but no one knows whos under the mask" wasn't his face in the paper? on the news? no one video taped it? 20 years of character development. good or bad I bought those comics. (the other disassembled) and now they don't count? there is no way to explain it happened...so those comics should go in the trash. and I do admit BND was a fresh breath of air because of DAN SLOTT. :woot:

he loves spidey characters soooo much you can see it in his writing. but to throw him on after Omd....thats messed up. not only but if what makes me really angry is the fact that they are taking OBVIOUS STABS at fans of the marriage. Mj registered super hero. peter's first bnd page kissing a new woman in a club. printing the marriage story summary in the back of omd. mephisto saying I want your love, your marriage.

peter being 30 something and living with his aunt. sure kids grow up living with your elderly aunt you'll get "wheat cakes" :whatever:.! what made spidey popular was not only his average joe appeal...but his continuity!!! they disrespected his characters too many times to easily disregard it. I bought at least one book from all those stories that now don't count. and marriage fan or not...if you stuck along for the Joephisto enforced ride and are a huge fan of spidey you should have plenty of reasons to be angry too.

Too funny! I'm a newbie (be gentle) and have been following the boards as a way to get out OMD frustration. That manip had me laughing. :woot:

glad i made someone laugh with it...didn't expect this to turn into such a serious debate to be honest....I like it

glad i made someone laugh with it...didn't expect this to turn into such a serious debate to be honest....I like it

Not your fault for the debate. I thought the joke was pretty funny. lol...
awesome photoshop skills btw. now if only you could take a pic of Joey Q. and do that...

Not your fault for the debate. I thought the joke was pretty funny. lol...
awesome photoshop skills btw. now if only you could take a pic of Joey Q. and do that...

Haha ... That's be a good one :funny:

How about a story where Spider-man is unmasked and everyone finds out who he is? This time make it seem like it actually happened though.:whatever:

Or people could remember his face, but forget he unmasked..! :cwink: :oldrazz:

I'm offended much more by the actual picture than I am the fake JJJ kissing manip...you know that if he was actually making out with JJJ, it would be the punchline of some crazy comedy story.

I'd like to think Pete would have better taste, in any event. I'd be interested to know just what kind of run Marvel expects to get out this new Spiderverse.

Issues 1-13. Peter kissing / humping everything with a pulse. Loses webshooters down toilets and kitchen sinks.

Issues 14-27 Osborne (senior) proposes to Peter after MJ turns him down.

Issues 28-32 Black Cat, MJ, Kitty Pryde, Aunt May, Deb Whitman, and Betty Brandt in a free for all over Peter. We discover they're all wearing wigs.

Issues 33-39 Harry tries various hair products to straighten his waves.

Issues 40-41 Harry presses his hair.

Issues 42-69 Peter becomes a vigilante. He and Venom form a team.

Issues 70-73 Venom proposes and leaves Gargan.

Issues 74-80. FOIL COVER EDITION. Venom and Peter get hitched. All his friends attend with best wishes.

Issue 81. Cancellation and reboot.
552a3fcf.gif

I'd like to think Pete would have better taste, in any event. I'd be interested to know just what kind of run Marvel expects to get out this new Spiderverse.

Issues 1-13. Peter kissing / humping everything with a pulse. Loses webshooters down toilets and kitchen sinks.

Issues 14-27 Osborne (senior) proposes to Peter after MJ turns him down.

Issues 28-32 Black Cat, MJ, Kitty Pryde, Aunt May, Deb Whitman, and Betty Brandt in a free for all over Peter. We discover they're all wearing wigs.

Issues 33-39 Harry tries various hair products to straighten his waves.

Issues 40-41 Harry presses his hair.

Issues 42-69 Peter becomes a vigilante. He and Venom form a team.

Issues 70-73 Venom proposes and leaves Gargan.

Issues 74-80. FOIL COVER EDITION. Venom and Peter get hitched. All his friends attend with best wishes.

Issue 81. Cancellation and reboot.
552a3fcf.gif
81 issues, 3 issues per month is like 27 months... a little over 2 years... I can live with that...

But having the first page of this book, from right after they destroyed the marraige, being Pete making out with some skank, it's like kicking the fans in the nuts (OMD) and then walking over to them while they're down and slapping them with your glove (the BND image).

But Peter isn't actually making out with the girl. That page is meant to misdirect. Peter actually pushed the skank away from him because she just went up to Peter and tried to kiss him so she could get close to Harry Osborne. Peter was actually terrified of that girl that he jumped from a window to get away from her. I just want to make that all clear.:cwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"