the supergirl thread

Supergirl #22
Awww yay Bedard's doing so well here wait where's he going NOOO DON'T GO ah fck he's gone.

The last three pages of this issue should be printed out, blown into giant-size, and plastered over the offices of Loeb and Kelly (and Beechen, just for the hell of it) with the words "THIS IS WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE DONE. THIS IS WHY YOU FAILED. YOU HAVE NO ONE TO BLAME BUT YOURSELF" hanging below in bright neon ink. I know I'd feel much happier. It is, hands down, the single best scene I've read regarding New Earth Kara in the entirety of her existence. It doesn't forget or excuse the mistakes of the past, yet it says everything that it has to regarding what she's been through and where she's going, and so much more besides.

By this point, Countdown tie-ins on a general ratio tally are doing so much better than the actual Countdown. I mean, I read the Karate Kid/Una story here as if I actually cared, and their story wasn't even really the point of the issue!

(8.6 out of 10)

Has this titled improved at all recently?
All the forced crossovers and incomplete storylines got on my nerves after a while.

#23 and #24 were pretty awful and made no sense, however they slightly set up a much better story in #25. Kara now has all of her memories of Krypton and she can't let go of them, she keep re-seeing them and feels she is on Earth for something bigger than beating up bad guys. Superman says she has changed and is worried about her and Batman is spying on her. Reactron attacked (we don't know why) and there seems to be a big story there about the star systems that make up his body.

Its still not an amazing book but def better... and she is not the Paris Hilton - type character that she was for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"