The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

To be fair, those are all top quality shows. :D

But we need you back in X-Men threads when you can..pls. :cwink:
I've been reading the spoilers -- not much there I wouldn't know something about as I've read most of the comics anyhow. But it's not the same as actually watching it.

Interview with a Vampire and House of the Dragon rewatches are definitely time better spent!

I'm probably going to have to cram Stranger Things in there, too, but at least that's not back next month.
It's okay I helped kill her love for X-Men by bringing up Magneto and Rogue and X-Fans wanting to kill Carol in the MCU for stupid reasons.

It's okay I helped kill her love for X-Men by bringing up Magneto and Rogue and X-Fans wanting to kill Carol in the MCU for stupid reasons.
I mean that second one you didn't have to bring up, as I've been witnessing it firsthand for years.

I mean that second one you didn't have to bring up, as I've been witnessing it firsthand for years.
Nah, I was taking credit for the first one. The second one I think most have seen on the internet and on here.

At least until their favorites get killed off. :( I haven't watched any more since episode 5. Trying to find a reason to keep going.
The next couple of eps are pretty good. Especially if you like Storm.
Episode 6 in particular felt like an intermission after how intense Episode 5 got but the end of Episode 8 has got me all kinds of hyped for what's next.

Minor complaint: One thing that '97 has lacked so far is that Wolverine hasn't been nearly as unhinged as he was in the original series.

Episode 6 in particular felt like an intermission after how intense Episode 5 got but the end of Episode 8 has got me all kinds of hyped for what's next.

Minor complaint: One thing that '97 has lacked so far is that Wolverine hasn't been nearly as unhinged as he was in the original series.

Steve Blum please come back for Season 2. :plead:

but he's still able to pull it off.
c94fe1d58955ea9bffebb205e016df40.gif

I swear I'm watching a different show than you lot. :funny:

Rogue/Magneto is ick, but Rogue/Gambit ain't it.

On a mildly related note, just gonna throw it out there that Rogue sucks.
I've never been a fan myself. I always felt she got lumped with Gambit because they were both from the South. I never understood them being attracted to each other beyond him trying to get the ungettable get because of her mutation. Personally I never really forgave her for dumping him in Antarctica considering what she had done to Danvers was as bad a crime as the Morlock Massacre. She never even considered that Gambit never killed anyone,just led the killers down. Nor did she ever ask him why he led them in the first place -- in exchange for Sinister blunting his powers so he could control them and not explode things around him. He didn't participate in the Massacre because he was murderer.

Obviously everyone is entitled to their opinions and watch or give up on whatever shows they so choose. I am a fan if X-Men 97. Think the show, while not perfect, has overall been a great time.

I like Blum's work as Wolverine but I have too much of a soft spot for Cal Dodd. Had he not wanted to return for '97 I think it might have gone to Blum. Dodd sounds obviously older now but he's still able to pull it off.
1714868607803.gif

And here I am, a recent love for a b list X villain has me turned off from the show based on how they changed her. Though it is tradition for her to get character assasssinated in service of making a man look better.

And here I am, a recent love for a b list X villain has me turned off from the show based on how they changed her. Though it is tradition for her to get character assasssinated in service of making a man look better.
Madelyn? Tbf, she literally gets assassinated. :o

I've lived through years of comic writers only portraying Gambit as her boyfriend and giving her all the spotlight. Like they just didn't know what to do with him. I know your pain.

I've lived through years of comic writers only portraying Gambit as her boyfriend and giving her all the spotlight. Like they just didn't know what to do with him. I know your pain.

I enjoyed Mr and Mrs X. And really, now, the best part is his interaction with the inlaws.

As the kids would say live as a simp, die as one. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"