Football (Soccer)

Leeds make playoff final with thumping 4-0 win over Norwich.

I'm really excited about him, one of the most promising young talents in the world IMO. I was going to ask if Modric and Kroos would hang around for next season. Great service they've given the club so they should be free to go not to new things whenever they feel the time is right.
Sky's the limit for him, incredible confidence for goals and with the ball. Bet he would've scored 10+ had he not been injured.

It's crazy to think how long Kroos and Modric have been with us. There's a reason why Madridstas chant for them to stay haha, they've been the glue. I could see Kroos staying for at least one more season.
Ah, I see. :up:

What's the defensive situation like? I reckon Real are going to come calling for Saliba in the near future, which I'm not looking forward too. :csad:
We're STACKED defensively I feel, maybe 1 signing? We'll see if we stop at just Mbappe. Saliba has been massive for you, can understand if there's a lot of interest that comes calling. :like:

Sky's the limit for him, incredible confidence for goals and with the ball. Bet he would've scored 10+ had he not been injured.

It's crazy to think how long Kroos and Modric have been with us. There's a reason why Madridstas chant for them to stay haha, they've been the glue. I could see Kroos staying for at least one more season.

We're STACKED defensively I feel, maybe 1 signing? We'll see if we stop at just Mbappe. Saliba has been massive for you, can understand if there's a lot of interest that comes calling. :like:
He’s going to be a world great. Got a variety of elements in which he can be potential top quality, certainly not a one dimensional player.

I hope they make it back. My mate will be going to the playoff final.
I hope its a Leeds v Southampton final, I see both as Prem sides and I feel are better equiped at making of a go at it in the Prem than some of the other sides that come up which are more fairy tale stories that end usually in relegation. Luton at least were fun to watch this season but still not enough to stay up. I would be happy with either Leeds or Southampton so that final would be perfect.

Ange really not taking that last match well and the way the Spurs fans were.

I hope its a Leeds v Southampton final, I see both as Prem sides and I feel are better equiped at making of a go at it in the Prem than some of the other sides that come up which are more fairy tale stories that end usually in relegation. Luton at least were fun to watch this season but still not enough to stay up. I would be happy with either Leeds or Southampton so that final would be perfect.
Makes sense. Southampton are much more a PL side than a bunch of the other championship sides but I’ll definitely prefer it to be Leeds. I hope Luton come up again soon. They deserve it after the fight they showed and entertainment provided in the second half of the season.

Southampton see off West Brom 3-1 to set the final of Leeds v Saints to get back to the Prem. Should be a good and lively final.

I'd like Big Ange to move to Man United so that the "Big Six" can be more competitive
As in because he’d be good for them? If so wouldn’t it weaken Spurs at the same time? I think the league will be more fun when Utd and Chelsea are competitive again.

As in because he’d be good for them? If so wouldn’t it weaken Spurs at the same time? I think the league will be more fun when Utd and Chelsea are competitive again.
Yeah, it would be good for United, especially now that it seems like their new management is up to the task.

Well, objectively and not as an Arsenal fan, Spurs waste their managers (and they've had some great ones) so their competitiveness will be there but not trophy-winning caliber.

Side note: Udogie as left back for Arsenal would be such a dream to have

Last edited:

Yeah another ETH failure, a panic loan to be fair when we were desperate but really struggled in adapting to the Prem, was meant to bring control of games to out midfield. Well that just didnt happen. At least we have started the clear out, still a long way to go though.

Yeah, it would be good for United, especially now that it seems like their new management is up to the task.

Well, objectively and not as an Arsenal fan, Spurs waste their managers (and they've had some great ones) so their competitiveness will be there but not trophy-winning caliber.

Side note: Udogie as left back for Arsenal would be such a dream to have

Yeah Ange absolutely did not like what went down and Spurs fans aren’t helping him. Feels like the difference in psychology has been exposed with this recent game.

With Ratcliffe and the new staff they’ve employed/looking to employ, Utd could be on a much better path if they also get a good manager in.

Pretty impressive for any team not called Bayern in that league, Alonso clearly has something about him. If they win the Europa as well that would be a hell of a season for them, already pretty great for them winning the league as easily as they did.
Yeah, also I think it’s much more impressive to be Invincibles when you have only a handful of draws. I wonder if he’ll be able to build on this success for next season, wish him well. I’m sure many top clubs would love to get him for the future. Florian Wirtz too will be in huge demand and I look forward to seeing him in the Euros.

Ah. Saliba loves Arsenal and grew up an Arsenal fan, but I can see him ending up at Real Madrid one day.

Yeah, also I think it’s much more impressive to be Invincibles when you have only a handful of draws. I wonder if he’ll be able to build on this success for next season, wish him well. I’m sure many top clubs would love to get him for the future. Florian Wirtz too will be in huge demand and I look forward to seeing him in the Euros.
I reckon Alonso is going to hold out a bit and see if the Real job becomes available in the next few years.

I reckon Alonso is going to hold out a bit and see if the Real job becomes available in the next few years.
If he’s not moving when the Real/Bayern/maybe Utd job become available, then that could well be the plan.

Pretty impressive for any team not called Bayern in that league, Alonso clearly has something about him. If they win the Europa as well that would be a hell of a season for them, already pretty great for them winning the league as easily as they did.
Again congrats to them, amazing run to follow. So many times it looked liked it was going to end but they dug deep and turned it around late on. Would love to see Leverkusen go all the way and win the treble.
Rumors are we're looking to sign him in 2025. :hehe:
My thoughts exactly.

Again congrats to them, amazing run to follow. So many times it looked liked it was going to end but they dug deep and turned it around late on. Would love to see Leverkusen go all the way and win the treble.

Rumors are we're looking to sign him in 2025. :hehe:

My thoughts exactly.
Yeah, hope so now that West Ham and Villa are out.

Haha, Real really want to dominate football completely. If they get Alonso and keep picking up all the best young players around the world no-one will be able to keep up with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"