The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

At least we got the rotor.

View attachment 89119
After Cate Blanchett was cast I would have bet any amount of money that her Hela was going to be a Lady Death substitute in Avengers 3 & 4.
:funny:

And Hela was amazing, she totally should have been the Lady Death equivalent. Doesn't feel enough that we only got her in Ragnarok.

Death being so apathetic to Thanos causing a catastrophic amount of destruction in the universe cracked me up when I read The Infinity Gauntlet.

c1b093647305e559e6f46c04344ec349d1ded950.gif

I'm sure that Whedon was trying to plant that seed with the line "To challenge them is to court death" at the end of the first Avengers but I know I don't speak only for myself by saying that I'm glad they went with a different direction for Thanos in the MCU. I don't dislike the idea of Thanos being obsessed with the embodiment of Death but cinematically I think his crusade to wipe out half of all life in the universe made for a more interesting storyline.
Trying to help the world (even in an extremely twisted way) is far less honourable than having a fetish for Lady Death and wiping out half the universe after getting rejected. (Peter Parker: This, like any story worth telling, is all about a girl :dry:)

It deserves recognition. So far beyond my expectations at this point. I hope with fans raving about it we can get new people interested and giving it a chance.

And it’s like each week any given character gets more shine than they did in 24 years worth of Fox movies.

Rogue and Nightcrawler especially. I love it here.

And it’s like each week any given character gets more shine than they did in 24 years worth of Fox movies.

Rogue and Nightcrawler especially. I love it here.
To save typing it out again: "The show is giving us dramatic X-Men stories while getting a wide range of characters right (unlike the films) along with the family/team element, and on top of that giving us loads of fun cameos without taking anything way from the show/episodes in question (something the MCU sometimes struggled with)."

They've done such a great job with so many different characters, something we've been totally unaccustomed to after all these years of mixed Fox films, some good, some very good, but none that delivered on a wide range of X-Men characters, (choosing to give nearly all the focus to Wolverine, Xavier, Magneto & Mystique) and the crucial team/family dynamic which kept many of us fans reading for decades. I'm so grateful for this show and watching it live with Hype fans reminds me why I joined in the first place and how much I love it here when we get material that the majority can enjoy together.

Rogue and Nightcrawler getting so much shine is definitely the most unexpected thing to come out of 97 for me but honestly I think they've done a pretty great job fleshing out most of the characters so far.

This show has some real, dramatic weight and stakes behind it which is really cool to see on top of the great action scenes which is just icing on top of the whole thing but kudos to these writers man.

Disney would be foolish not letting these guys work on the live action stuff.

Rogue and Nightcrawler getting so much shine is definitely the most unexpected thing to come out of 97 for me but honestly I think they've done a pretty great job fleshing out most of the characters so far.

This show has some real, dramatic weight and stakes behind it which is really cool to see on top of the great action scenes which is just icing on top of the whole thing but kudos to these writers man.

Disney would be foolish not letting these guys work on the live action stuff.
All that and fun and sassy too! :D (thanks to Jubilee & Rogue)

Rogue getting good material in this show isn't as much of a positive surprise for me compared to how well they've used Nightcrawler. He is the perfect character for certain scenes and they've done well to recognise that and used him very effectively. So happy with how they're nailing everyone from primary/secondary characters to favourites/supporting characters.

If whoever is doing the film doesn't watch this all the way through I'm going to be proper mad at them!

Looks like we’re taking an unexpected trip back to the world of The Arkhamverse with a new VR experience?

I'm behind you guys, I'm rewatching X-Men tas with my 11 year old. We're at the start of season 2.

I think it's got some deep themes. I asked her why some mutants would want to sabotage peace talks between humans and mutants, it took her some time to think about it.

She also thought it was funny that the mutant tombstones in days of future past (season one finale) had death dates prior to today's date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"