The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

Episode 5 was my favorite episode, but I did have issue with one aspect.
I don't understand how Sebastian Shaw died. A roof collapsed on him. His power is absorbing kinetic energy. Shouldn't he be able to easily tank that?

I don't understand how Sebastian Shaw died. A roof collapsed on him. His power is absorbing kinetic energy. Shouldn't he be able to easily tank that?
Harder to absorb a building than just its energy. If it fell in a way that it only struck him he might have been okay,but being pancaked is a whole other deal i guess.

Harder to absorb a building than just its energy. If it fell in a way that it only struck him he might have been okay,but being pancaked is a whole other deal i guess.
Also
they somehow found his body before the attack was even over but couldn't find Emma Frost who was standing right next to him.

Also
they somehow found his body before the attack was even over but couldn't find Emma Frost who was standing right next to him.
Maybe the air pressure from the collapsing building pushed them apart?

This just warms my heart. Over the last 17 years, I always got the sense that Raimi was very regretful and sad at how Spider-Man 3 turned out. I still love the film, and even more now than I did then. It's a fitting ending, and while the film may not be as good as the first 2, it's still good enough, imo. Especially when you factor in studio interference.

I've always thought Spider-Man 3 was rather sloppily put together, but there are certainly parts of it that are very good. I'll take it over both Garfield films easily. It is also better than some of the other superhero films coming out at around that time like X-Men: The Last Stand and Superman Returns.

Shogun is easily my favorite show of the year so far, but man the competition has been fierce this year between Fallout, X-Men 97, Masters of the Air and The Gentleman on Netflix.

I honestly don't remember the last time we had so many quality shows come out at once and that's not even including other really solid stuff like 3 Body Problem, Ripley and Baby Reindeer. It's been a truly amazing year for shows and we still got HOTD S2 to look forward too next month.

I've always thought Spider-Man 3 was rather sloppily put together, but there are certainly parts of it that are very good. I'll take it over both Garfield films easily. It is also better than some of the other superhero films coming out at around that time like X-Men: The Last Stand and Superman Returns.
I think part of the reason why I didn't mind Spider-Man 3 so much even back when it came out was because I disliked The Last Stand and Superman Returns so much more. I'll gladly take Emo Peter (or Bully Maguire as he's known these days) over a half-assed X-Men movie and a boring Superman one.

Found out that today is the 40th anniversary of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. One of my favourite franchises!

My favourite incarnations are the 1990 film, the 2003 cartoon, and especially the Mirage Comics! Also love the 87 and 2012 cartoons as well!

Cowabunga, dude!

Maybe I can squeeze one in here and there while I rewatch Interview witha Vampire, House of the Dragon and The Boys. I'm having a hard time remembering details of past seasons. Must be Alzhiemers kicking in. :( :p

I literally just reactivated my AMC+ account to rewatch IWTV Season 1. The fact that Jacob Anderson didn't even get a Emmy nom still makes me upset.

I'm rooting for him to be MCU Gambit.

Episode 6 in particular felt like an intermission after how intense Episode 5 got but the end of Episode 8 has got me all kinds of hyped for what's next.

Minor complaint: One thing that '97 has lacked so far is that Wolverine hasn't been nearly as unhinged as he was in the original series.

As long as they keep giving us Wolverine in doses, I'm happy. That's one of the best parts about the show.

Rogue/Magneto is ick, but Rogue/Gambit ain't it.

On a mildly related note, just gonna throw it out there that Rogue sucks.

wrong-opinion-thats-fine.gif

I also have an issue with

Exodus being there and being an omega level mutant and not putting up a fight against the Sentinel, he just... danced.

So I just found out composer Danny Elfman is making his first ever convention appearance at Fan Expo Dallas next month (he’s only scheduled to appear Saturday). Sam Raimi is also scheduled to appear there as well— on Saturday and Sunday.

Anyone think Raimi and Elfman are collaborating on another big movie to be announced that weekend?

And sheesh, that is not a flattering publicity photo for Elfman.

On a mildly related note, just gonna throw it out there that Rogue sucks.
I liked Rogue in X-Men: TAS and by extension '97. I'm indifferent about her in the comics and I wasn't really a fan of the character in the movies but that has more with how she was handled than anything, a common complaint about most of the characters in those movies. Looking back on it, it really would have made more sense for Kitty to fill that role in the first movie rather than Rogue. Wouldn't have even had to lose Paquin in that scenario either.

I heavily disagree. If you swap out Rogue for anyone, you're greatly diminishing the film because of how intrinsically tied her powers are to everything thematically.

Not that I think she's some great character, but film Rogue get's too much flack sometimes. There's some interesting stuff there.

Yeah I don’t like Rogue in any incarnation, but I don’t think Kitty would have necessarily worked in her place, either.

I heavily disagree. If you swap out Rogue for anyone, you're greatly diminishing the film because of how intrinsically tied her powers are to everything thematically.

Not that I think she's some great character, but film Rogue get's too much flack sometimes. There's some interesting stuff there.

Where'd you see this interesting stuff because outside of the first movie, she really floundered. If Singer cared about characters outside of Wolverine and Xavier, and explored possible ramifications of Magneto's device on Rogue, then we would've been cooking.

Sucks too because watching True Blood, Paquin had all the tools to be a fabulous Rogue.

They would had to have completely reworked the X1 plot entirely if they didn't use Rogue as the entire plot hinged on her specific mutation. I think Rogue would have been fine, but the movie was badly formatted. It starts with Rogue being our Kitty or Jubilee in the movie, but abandons that as soon as we meet Wolverine. Then the audience avatar is Wolverine. Completely undermining that entire aspect of Rogue they started with, and reducing her to a plot device. One reason I am not as crazy about that movie as others. That's weak writing

Where'd you see this interesting stuff because outside of the first movie, she really floundered. If Singer cared about characters outside of Wolverine and Xavier, and explored possible ramifications of Magneto's device on Rogue, then we would've been cooking.

Sucks too because watching True Blood, Paquin had all the tools to be a fabulous Rogue.
I think her bit in regards to the cure conversation in X3 is interesting. Mind you, I'm being selective with my word choice there because as much as I find it interesting, you won't catch me dead saying it's done well. Nothing in The Last Stand is :funny:

X2 she's a ball of nothing.

I think her bit in regards to the cure conversation in X3 is interesting. Mind you, I'm being selective with my word choice there because as much as I find it interesting, you won't catch me dead saying it's done well. Nothing in The Last Stand is :funny:

X2 she's a ball of nothing.

Nah what really broke my heart was that Rogue Cut of DOFP. You give this woman a new costume, a magazine cover, just to have her in a sequence where she has to be rescued and her only line is:

5oRG.gif

Thank God those days are over and thank God for 97.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"