The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

I like the Superman reveal. I can see why people have issues with the costume, but I bet it'll work better on film and in context. Corenswet has aged quite a bit in a short while, the extreme bulking and seemingly bleached eyebrows did a number on him. It doesn't help that he looks so weary in this first look, it would have probably worked better if they went with something more heroic as far as facial expression and pose. The colors are wonderful, and I love how fresh this image feels. I don't think it resembles the MCU or any of Gunn's earlier superhero projects. It shouldn't, this is a big test for Gunn's abilities in this space since he has to really change his sensibilities to deliver a satisfying Superman portrayal. I think he can do it.

Imma be real, as much as I didn't love that first poster, extrapolating from it that it's gonna be another dark Superman movie like the DCEU ones seems like reaching really hard to get angry about something. The image of Clark putting on shoes alone should be enough to indicate this is not gonna be as self-serious as that.

I do however think something a little more upbeat would have been a better idea.

Imma be real, as much as I didn't love that first poster, extrapolating from it that it's gonna be another dark Superman movie like the DCEU ones seems like reaching really hard to get angry about something. The image of Clark putting on shoes alone should be enough to indicate this is not gonna be as self-serious as that.

I do however think something a little more upbeat would have been a better idea.

I mean is it reeeeeeeallly a reach when they release a picture of a city in chaos with a seemingly less than enthused Superman taking his time to put on his boots all in the cloak of night?

I don't have a dog in the fight, but Gunn is giving off dour vibes, he can't get mad at people for picking up what he put out.

I mean is it reeeeeeeallly a reach when they release a picture of a city in chaos with a seemingly less than enthused Superman taking his time to put on his boots all in the cloak of night?

I don't have a dog in the fight, but Gunn is giving off dour vibes, he can't get mad at people for picking up what he put out.
The colors aren't a 100% right but I probably would have preferred something like this. Like Superman getting ready for work in the morning:

1715121767455.jpeg

The colors aren't a 100% right but I probably would have preferred something like this. Like Superman getting ready for work in the morning:

View attachment 89673
I do like this, but the scowl on his face is even more noticeable against that nice sunny day backdrop. I recognize that look. It's the same face I make going to work in the morning when I'm short on patience and caffeine.

tumblr_prz6h9YgWp1w3wci0o9_540.gif

I do like this, but the scowl on his face is even more noticeable against that nice sunny day backdrop. I recognize that look. It's the same face I make going to work in the morning when I'm short on patience and caffeine.

tumblr_prz6h9YgWp1w3wci0o9_540.gif

Supes putting on those boots like

"I gotta knock Metallo's ass out again, Perry's deadline is in another hour and Lois is out on date with that damn Bruce Wayne. I'M OVER IT." :censor:

Supes putting on those boots like

"I gotta knock Metallo's ass out again, Perry's deadline is in another hour and Lois is out on date with that damn Bruce Wayne. I'M OVER IT." :censor:
1715123093117.gif

Okay Zack Snyder. What's next pulling a Bruce Timm and pushing Batgirl and Batman?

The image is very Gunn. Which isn't a final verdict on the film, but it doesn't fill me with confidence.

I still wanna give him a knuckle sandwich for ruining The Killing Joke movie with that.
It's also canon in the DCAU as Barbara is included in Bruce's photo album of past loves in Batman Beyond hinting they attempted a relationship. 😭

He also grimaces at the sight of Selina like Timm really hates the Catwoman and Batman pairing.

It's also canon in the DCAU as Barbara is included in Bruce's photo album of past loves in Batman Beyond hinting they attempted a relationship. 😭

He also grimaces at the sight of Selina like Timm really hates the Catwoman and Batman pairing.

I remember that episode of Batman Beyond when Babs spilled the tea about her and Bruce to Terry... all over coffee.

tumblr_mqrl9e4nLt1sczn81o1_400.gif

Bruce and Babs are big bro/little sis, anything else is just sick.

He still gave us BTAS though.

6JmE3B.gif

ea4c1be9-cb4c-4446-adf9-af81f4d0222d_text.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back