• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

They also shouldn't have made the Silver Samurai a giant mech and should have given a proper suit to Shingen for a final fight.
Everytime I watch the movie, I laugh when Silver Samurai shows up. That reveal is legit hilarious, lol! We go from Logan having sword fights and fighting mob goons to fighting a Samurai Iron Man. It's just....too silly lol

Yes it's bad, and you should be ashamed of yourself. :o

No but seriously, Logan vs. Shingen lives rent free in my head.

4505738-5985789258-wolve.gif
Shingen's little monologue he gives Logan to open up the fight will always stick with me. The way Sanada delivers it and the music? *chefs kiss*

Everytime I watch the movie, I laugh when Silver Samurai shows up. That reveal is legit hilarious, lol! We go from Logan having sword fights and fighting mob goons to fighting a Samurai Iron Man. It's just....too silly lol
I thought the movie was actually pretty decent --- right up until that point. :(

I wonder if my premonition of them rebooting Star Trek: The Next Generation like the Abrams movie rebooted the Original Series will come true with this.

I don't see the point in them doing a second reboot with Kirk, Spock and the rest of the original crew. I think people would rather see a fourth movie with that cast if given the choice.

Rebooting with Kirk and crew again would be a big mistake. We've seen that. Either do a whole new crew or reboot the Next Gen crew.

As I understand it, what they're actually talking about with this reboot is an origin story for Starfleet itself starting with First Contact, so no Kirk, Spock, etc.

Not that Marvel "writers" really do anything besides just being a name, but I feel like this is a bad thing. If he aint going to be the final writer, then they're just wasting time developing something that isn't going to work which just spells trouble. Reworking a bad project shouldn't be something they aim to do.

No, that's really standard in Hollywood these days. Almost every movie winds up having multiple writers doing multiple drafts. The only question is which writer(s) ultimately winds up getting the credit.

You know what's funny? Everyone including Fox forgot this movie happened:

a84f657fefdce74a7a132efe84ca3e98d029763b.gifv

e4220474e7e77ef4a8cff27d57439eea791d2e81.gifv

186e193cbc0ccad175d403f32a9b41a2ded6292b.gifv

a3e41896cd89cf0d1e95ed16e93db48a9f3ccc66.gifv

I still love this movie.

Is it bad that the only thing I remember about The Wolverine was that train fight?

Oh and Jean Grey randomly popping up.

Forgetting that awesome battle against the hand with ninjas filling Logan up with arrows is kind of bad, but no the rest of the movie isn't all that memorable.

Last edited:
I honestly expected Apocalyse to be good given that Singer had largely delivered on the franchise before. I didn't learn of the behind the scenes disaster with him not showing up for work until afterwards, but it explained a lot.
That's what happens when you can't keep those hands to yourself.

1716380993775.gif

Yeah, its not like nostalgia is something easy to exploit in comic book nerds. Not like everyone here is praising an unreleased movie that is looking to make the CW Crisis cameos look significant.

It's a good thing people don't just like X-Men 97 out of nostalgia, then.

Not that'd you'd suggest that, because that would be a silly thing to suggest.

Also, not sure which unreleased film you're talking about. Can't be Deadpool and Wolverine. Half the time I'm in this thread, there's at least one or two people who seem to dislike the movie on principle alone.

You know what's funny? Everyone including Fox forgot this movie happened:

a84f657fefdce74a7a132efe84ca3e98d029763b.gifv

e4220474e7e77ef4a8cff27d57439eea791d2e81.gifv

186e193cbc0ccad175d403f32a9b41a2ded6292b.gifv

a3e41896cd89cf0d1e95ed16e93db48a9f3ccc66.gifv
I will say that New Mutants was better than I expected it to be and it at least was a better way for the Fox movies to go out than Dark Phoenix.

Is it bad that the only thing I remember about The Wolverine was that train fight?

Oh and Jean Grey randomly popping up.

Yes it's bad, and you should be ashamed of yourself. :o

No but seriously, Logan vs. Shingen lives rent free in my head.

4505738-5985789258-wolve.gif
The train fight was fun but Logan vs. Shingen was the real centerpiece for me. Also Logan taking on all those ninjas near the end is especially fun in the unrated cut.

In 20 years, I'm going to still be sitting people down and forcing them to watch Madame Web. God what a movie.

The thing about Madame Web is that it's an easy bad movie to watch. Dafne Keen said it best in her Letterboxd review:

Screen Shot 2024-05-22 at 9.50.46 AM.png

And she's correct. Even Uncle Ben was hot. :o

With all of the silence surrounding Beau DeMayo, what are the chances there are NDAs involved?

Yeah, the unrated The Wolverine is fantastic, if you just jump from Wolverine full of arrows to him on the plane with Yukio
just assume he killed the old man quickly and Viper ran away
To me, The Wolverine has enough going for it that I can easily overlook how forgettably bland Viper was as a villain and the dumb Silver Samurai design that looked like something out of Transformers. To name a few, the opening scene with Logan and the atomic bomb, the train sequence, the part where he throws the guy out the window, Wolverine vs. Shingen, the ninja fight, and the post credits scene with Xavier and Magneto more than make up for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"