• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

giphy.gif

This explains a lot about you. :funny: Spaceballs also played a role on that front for me lol.

My viewing content nowadays is a lot tamer than the material I watched before my teens. :beaming:
Seriously. It is burned into my memory. First time I started watching Howard the Duck, my grandmother came in. She stood there watching for about five minutes before the Duck-condoms were broken out.

I was mortified.

I for one am looking forward to the Accolyte, and I say this as a prequel loving, EU-liking, Abrams-dismissing fan.

I'm really hoping for the best when it comes to this show considering how disappointing the last couple of SW shows have been and I'm glad to hear that the early buzz is at least positive so far.

I'm still going into it with my expectations in check but I'm definitely looking forward to it next month along with HOTD Season 2, The Boys Season 4 and The Bear Season 3.

June is actually pretty stacked this year with some quality shows.

Seriously. It is burned into my memory. First time I started watching Howard the Duck, my grandmother came in. She stood there watching for about five minutes before the Duck-condoms were broken out.

I was mortified.
Howard the Duck should be an Avenger at this point, Kevin! :argh:

howard-the-duck-gross.gif

And where's Squirrel Girl!

I’m surprised that people like Danny Elfman and Bryce Dallas Howard are now hitting the convention circuit. Elfman is appearing at Fan Expo Dallas for one day, while Bryce is appearing all three days at Fan Expo Boston.

Oh wow, Vanessa Baden Kelly is a writer now.

I had the biggest crush on her when we were kids, she played Kenan Thompson's little sister Kyra on Kenan & Kel.
View attachment 91533

Just might have to watch this Green Lantern show. Don't know a lick about GL except the "In brightest day, in blackest night... blah blah".
There's a yellow space bug that's pure fear and Sinestro is like "shower me with that yellow, Daddy" and becomes evil because fear is Green Lantern's weakness. Hal's a test pilot who doesn't play by the rules and his GF owns an Airplane company and she becomes evil by turning into Star Sapphire who is basically Pink Lantern. Why Pink? Because girl! There's also rings for every emotion. Some entities are able to become 2 Lanterns at once. The Black Lanterns are OP and metal because they can brainwash anyone who has died into their ranks, but their battery is Batman's skull. I forgot why.

Kyle being the primary Green Lantern instantly would make me care more
It's going to star Hal and John to start off with, but Tom King is a Kyle fan (one of his first maxi-series he wrote for DC, Omega Men, starred Kyle, and it was a masterpiece!!), so his involvement would give me hope that they'd get to Kyle eventually. Kinda hoping we get some variation of Emerald Twilight here for that reason. The tears of Hal fans would be delicious. :oldrazz: But really, I'm sure they'd go with Johns' retcon version where Hal's still redeemable. Honestly, the Lanterns are ripe for potentially great TV. Their best stories are long and epic as hell imo. No movie could do them justice.

It's going to star Hal and John to start off with, but Tom King is a Kyle fan (one of his first maxi-series he wrote for DC, Omega Men, starred Kyle, and it was a masterpiece!!), so his involvement would give me hope that they'd get to Kyle eventually. Kinda hoping we get some variation of Emerald Twilight here for that reason. The tears of Hal fans would be delicious. :oldrazz: But really, I'm sure they'd go with Johns' retcon version where Hal's still redeemable. Honestly, the Lanterns are ripe for potentially great TV. Their best stories are long and epic as hell imo. No movie could do them justice.
I hated Kyle until I read Omega Men. Then he instantly became my favorite Lantern not named Jessica Cruz.

Totally agree with you that Omega Men is a masterpiece.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"