• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

Currently on episode 7 of My Adventures With Superman. I like it overall, really like Lois in this, but it’s just a little too damn goofy.

But a fun show nonetheless.

Episodes 8 and 9 are a bit more dramatic.

Good to know. Granted, it’s anime goofiness but I need Clark and Jimmy to tone it down a tad.

So far eps 4 and now 7 are my favorites. I like that they got the obvious stuff out of the way quickly with Clark/Lois and this version of Mxy was entertaining.

He was fun, but Gilbert Gottfried’s Mxy and that damn voice of his is in my heart lol.

“MCGURK!”
I’ve cooled a lot on STAS over the last few years once I realized most of the writers on there not named Stan Berkowitz never cared much about Clark Kent, but Mxy was always fun on that show. This one just had more of that underlying sense of menace I’d been missing.

MAWS is a blast. I haven't gotten to see the premiere yet, but I think the core three are wonderfully charming, there's some interesting lore twists, and I'm excited to see what they do with the big new characters this season.

I watched The Marvels on a flight.

It's a delightful movie. They really nailed the interaction between the three leads as well as a few others, such as Nick Fury and Kamala's family. I really bought the Khan family's incredulousness and Monica standing up to her aunt Carol.

Some of the world building was nice. I liked the water planet and laughed at the "he's bilingual" joke.

Monica disappearing during the blip and then not finding her mother is the first time that I see consequences of the snap in the MCU.

What worked less well is clearly due to the movie being shortened. Monica has powers than she acquired off-screenville, and Carol's actions on Hala as presented in a flashback make her seem like a crazy person. The way she was able to easily annihilate the Kree empire makes her seem overpowered as well.

I would have preferred to see a less cut version of this movie, but overall it was still enjoyable. I would look forward to a Marvels 3. I've been out of touch so I don't know why this movie did poorly financially. Perhaps the marketing was bad.

A few years ago there was an argument popular among internet film geeks that prequels are inherently bad. I nominate the following exceptions that are sufficient to refute the rule:

Rise of the Planet of the Apes
X Men: First Class
The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes
And for that matter ...
Captain Marvel

I saw hunger games on a flight, it was just really good and thoughtful and poignant. Great character journey, strong world building, strong performances, and in my opinion quite original.

Ted Sarandos’ punchable face is doing absolutely no favors for his truly awful opinions
swift-punch-in-the-face-ron-swanson-parks-and-recreation-btuyk4suuwepe29b.gif

I’ve cooled a lot on STAS over the last few years once I realized most of the writers on there not named Stan Berkowitz never cared much about Clark Kent, but Mxy was always fun on that show. This one just had more of that underlying sense of menace I’d been missing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"