The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - Part 137

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did Ragnorak have to say about it exactly? I always enjoyed lurking and reading his posts on the film prior to release. Infact i'm going to investigate..

What happened to him? Not seen his posts for a while.

He got banned for losing it on a troll.

He's back though. He posted the other day.

I posted this on IMDb... I feel like Two-Face was represented by Gotham city itself in this movie. Due to the lie about Harvey, Gotham became the most peaceful city it's ever been. Then virtually overnight, due to the truth about Dent the city becomes the most violent crime ridden place it's ever been. A Tale Of TWO Cities...Gotham was Two-Face incarnate in TDKR.

Saw it a second time, and in an unexpected and unfortunate turn, I hated it even more. Damn it. I so wanted to like it more after seeing how many of you liked it more on a rewatch. All the good things about it didn't feel as good and the bad things were amplified in their badness. Damn it.

I posted this on IMDb... I feel like Two-Face was represented by Gotham city itself in this movie. Due to the lie about Harvey, Gotham became the most peaceful city it's ever been. Then virtually overnight, due to the truth about Dent the city becomes the most violent crime ridden place it's ever been. A Tale Of TWO Cities...Gotham was Two-Face incarnate in TDKR.

Agreed.

I also loved how Bruce/Batman's story arc basically proved Harvey Dent wrong.

In TDK, he told Bruce ........... "You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain". And for a while, that certainly seemed true .......... Bruce was in self imposed exile for a long time (8 years), during which time Batman was considered by many to be a villain responsible for the death of Harvey Dent amongst others.

But of course, by the end of TDKR this has all been turned around and the truth revealed. And with Batman's sacrifice at the end, the story essentially takes Dent's words and flips them : "You live long enough to see yourself become a villain, and then you die a hero".

Saw it a second time, and in an unexpected and unfortunate turn, I hated it even more. Damn it. I so wanted to like it more after seeing how many of you liked it more on a rewatch. All the good things about it didn't feel as good and the bad things were amplified in their badness. Damn it.

Truly sorry... :csad:

Saw it last night for a second time at a different theater. The sound system was way too loud this time around affecting my ability to understand about of a third of what Bane said. Wasn't an issue the first time at a more reasonable volume. Anyone else have this problem?

I'm shocked and so glad you could share for the umpteenth time your disdain for the film. One would almost think you're a professional what with all the enthusiasm you show and commitment you have to spreading this message.
Most would just move on.

I'm shocked and so glad you could share for the umpteenth time your disdain for the film. One would almost think you're a professional what with all the enthusiasm you show and commitment you have to spreading this message.
Most would just move on.
Thanks for your loving support. I'm moved.

To be fair, there were some professional critics who were very critical who gave it 7 out of 10.

Most would just move on.

He is allowed to do that, just as much as other people are allowed to gloat about TDKR being a "masterpiece".

49DbM.png

Damn, a ring of fire would have been so much more badass than just a few pillars of smoke.

The full Truth about Harvey Dent speech, as spoken by Bane in the script.

“The truth about Harvey Dent is simple in only one regard - it has been hidden for too long. After his devastating injuries, Harvey’s mind has recovered no better than his mutilated face. He was a broken, dangerous man, not the crusader for justice that I, James Gordon, have portrayed him to be for the last eight years. Harvey’s rage was indiscriminate. Psychopatic. He held my family at gunpoint, then fell to his death in the struggle over my son’s life. The Batman did not murder Harvey Dent - he saved my boy. Then took the blame for Harvey’s appalling crimes, so that I could, to my shame, build a lie around this fallen idol. I praised the madman who tried to murder my own child. The things we did in Harvey’s name brought desperately needed security to our streets… But I can no longer live with my lie. It is time to trust the people of Gotham with the truth, and it is time for me to resign.”

The full Truth about Harvey Dent speech, as spoken by Bane in the script.

“The truth about Harvey Dent is simple in only one regard - it has been hidden for too long. After his devastating injuries, Harvey’s mind has recovered no better than his mutilated face. He was a broken, dangerous man, not the crusader for justice that I, James Gordon, have portrayed him to be for the last eight years. Harvey’s rage was indiscriminate. Psychopatic. He held my family at gunpoint, then fell to his death in the struggle over my son’s life. The Batman did not murder Harvey Dent - he saved my boy. Then took the blame for Harvey’s appalling crimes, so that I could, to my shame, build a lie around this fallen idol. I praised the madman who tried to murder my own child. The things we did in Harvey’s name brought desperately needed security to our streets… But I can no longer live with my lie. It is time to trust the people of Gotham with the truth, and it is time for me to resign.”

Shame there's no mention of the Joker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"