The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - Part 156

This is the TDKR GENERAL DISCUSSION thread.

For those that don't understand...that means that this thread is for discussing the movie THE DARK KNIGHT RISES.

If you want to discuss the upcoming movie BATMAN V SUPERMAN....there is a forum for it.

If you want to discuss other movies or TV shows...there are forums for that too.

We need an official lounge thread in here. I was just going through a bunch of older pages and could not find the old Tusi thread. If anyone can find it and bump it, that would be great. Or if not, we can just make a new one.

Wait, C. Lee....what? Why would you start deleting posts and say this now? This thread has been an unofficial lounge for us for something like the past two years.

Did you just rediscover this thread or did someone report something?

I thought we had a lounge thread from a year ago?

We ALWAYS have new things to say about this movie, even if it's only once every 3 months. This thread won't die.

We ALWAYS have new things to say about this movie, even if it's only once every 3 months. This thread won't die.

and thats why you should always shoot a thread before throwing it out of a plane

Just realized Bats and Bane are both nominated for Best Supporting Actor this year. Congrats to Bale and Hardy :yay:

Tom-Hardy-Christian-Bale-Photo-Shoot-tom-hardy-33535834-500-333.jpg

That's my favourie Batman moment from the entire trilogy

^ Bale of course. The other one didn't even show Batman scare the info out of that guy.

That "Swear to me" scene is the best and most badass that Bale's Batman ever looked in the trilogy. Everything from the cowl, his eyes and facial expression, the voice, the raindrops on his suit, the flashes of lightning behind him, and camera angle = perfection, IMO.

Agreed. When Nolan got it right in Batman Begins... he reeeeally got it right.

Also... ''scumbucket''. :hehe:

It's just shame he didn't leave the voice alone in the sequels, it was fine in Begins. Still can't understand why he did that.

That was a decision made by Nolan in post. I don't blame Bale for the end result entirely... it's the directors job to guide the actor and ultimately he approved every awkward scene with the Bat-voice in both TDK and TDKR.

That was a decision made by Nolan in post. I don't blame Bale for the end result entirely... it's the directors job to guide the actor and ultimately he approved every awkward scene with the Bat-voice in both TDK and TDKR.

Yeah that's who I ws blaming not Bale.

It's just shame he didn't leave the voice alone in the sequels, it was fine in Begins. Still can't understand why he did that.

Bale's Batvoice had some amazingly perfect moments in Begins, probably the best voice snippets of the trilogy, but it was still occasionally uneven and inconsistent from scene to scene.

I think Bale's absolute best presentation of his Batvoice in Begins came during the "rattle the cages" scene with Rachel (in which the Batsuit also looked amazing). He speaks in the voice with such ease during that scene, as he is calm, cool, and collected. It's also not as or the top as it was other times during the trilogy.

After that, I'd list the "Swear to me" and "Backup" scenea, along with his "I'm Batman" and his whisper of "Here" as Bale's best use of his Batvoice in BB.

Otherwise, there are a few moments in which the voice sounds a little wonky and inconsistent with other scenes. Same goes for the other two films. A bunch of great voice moments, and several less-than-stellar moments peppered throughout.

Bale's Batvoice had some amazingly perfect moments in Begins, probably the best voice snippets of the trilogy, but it was still occasionally uneven and inconsistent from scene to scene.

I think Bale's absolute best presentation of his Batvoice in Begins came during the "rattle the cages" scene with Rachel (in which the Batsuit also looked amazing). He speaks in the voice with such ease during that scene, as he is calm, cool, and collected. It's also not as or the top as it was other times during the trilogy.

After that, I'd list the "Swear to me" and "Backup" scenea, along with his "I'm Batman" and his whisper of "Here" as Bale's best use of his Batvoice in BB.

Otherwise, there are a few moments in which the voice sounds a little wonky and inconsistent with other scenes. Same goes for the other two films. A bunch of great voice moments, and several less-than-stellar moments peppered throughout.

Funnily enough was skipping through the channels and right now on Sky Movies Batman Begins, been watching it from the moment he first becomes Batman. I think the voice is almost perfect in Begins.

I think I finally know why Begins is my favourite of the trilogy, it's not just because I like origin stories the best either. It's Gotham, it feels like something out of a comic book in this film. In the sequels it feels like any other City, but in this one it's dark, it's gritty, it's got a charm to it. I think it actually helped that they built parts of it in a studio. The only times I feel the same way in the sequel are scenes like the Joker chase scene or the Batman returns in Rises.

I friggin' love Bale's scowl in that scene. That scene is so over the top, but it's classic. I think that as the first moment where you were like, "holy **** this Batman is more hardcore than anything we've seen in the movies before", and yet it felt like such a classic comic book Batman moment.

Yeah... Batman Begins has Nolan's best Gotham City. In fact, I think it's quite under-rated. It had that comic book feel, while still retaining a real world sensibility.

Yeah... Batman Begins has Nolan's best Gotham City. In fact, I think it's quite under-rated. It had that comic book feel, while still retaining a real world sensibility.

:up: spot on, I wish they'd retained that for the sequels (at least more consistently because there are moments in those films).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"