The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - Part 155

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always maintained that it's a lot about how you light and present the suit, which is why I'm fine with the TDK suit overall. I totally agree Tacit, some of the promo images of the Batfleck suit- like the EW cover for instance, look horrendous. But we know Snyder and Fong shot the hell out of it and it looks great in all the actual footage.

This is still my favourite Batman shot from the Nolan trilogy

Batman-Begins-Batman-descending.jpeg

End of the day it's a matter of opinion there's no right or wrong in what someone finds more Batman-y or not.

I think the batsuits are gonna get even better from here on out. The BvS was really the first attempt at a comic book batsuit ever. It's expected to be rough around the edges. I expect improvements in the subsequent JLA and Batman solo films.

I wanna see a leaner batsuit from the same design framework.

End of the day it's a matter of opinion there's no right or wrong in what someone finds more Batman-y or not.

Careful, dude. shauner's gonna come after you, now.

That still is better than anything in the movie. Because the corresponding scene in the movie is so rapidly edited that you can't appreciate a single shot. I am glad Nolan moved away from that style of editing to a more standard style where shots are held longer. It worked for Following and Memento, but it was just weird for more traditional films like BB and Insomnia.

Alright, seriously Shauner, what is your favorite pic from TDKT?

I think it'll look better in the film. It looks wonderful in the trailers (for the most part... I don't like it in the trinity shot in the most recent trailer, but it looks phenomenal in every other shot, IMO). IMO, in the trailers we got a lot of "that's BATMAN!", like the stance on the side of the building right before escaping a laser shot (which I still say comes from Doomsday, not Superman), flying in through that window, standing up out of the Batmobile, etc. In shots like that, he looks phenomenal.

And also, the original darkened promo shot of him standing in fog by his Batmobile was incredible, too.

But let's be fair... the promo shots for BB and TDK/R weren't that great, either. It's definitely about how it's shot in the films.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"