The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - Part 153

Status
Not open for further replies.
He would have been in TDKR but i would make a gigantic bet that he would have been locked up for the whole movie. And if he were to escape, it would have been at the end of the movie, leaving his future open-ended, where nobody sees where he went "did he leave gotham? is he hiding in Gotham?". Nolan had Joker escape, but not inside Arkham. Nolan would not have killed Joker in the third, but i would bet just about anything that he would not have left his cell.

You really think they'd have Joker in Arkham for the whole entire movie? I can't see that if, and I say if the story went the way it went with the whole city siege. Joker not being involved in that is a scenario I can't imagine. Especially with the whole Dent cover up being revealed, and I dare say would have been more significant in impact if Joker had been there for it.

I wouldn't say Batman not killing the Joker is illogical. If we were to go by real-world logic, you'd throw the Joker in prison once and not have to worry about the rest. Maybe he would escape a few times at best (literally like once or twice), but even that wouldn't justify killing him. No person can escape over and over again like they do in comics. The reason comics do it is to allow further development of the mythos. It's something you gotta suspend your disbelief on.

But let's assume he did kill him. Even then, it would still be ineffective. How long before DC brings him back given his popularity? Does Batman kill him again then? And later on he comes back again? Some might argue "well, they should just man up and keep him dead then." By that same logic, they should just man up and keep him locked up like it would happen in real life. If you're willing to accept someone breaking out over and over again, it's only consistent we take in rules of the universe when critiquing Batman's decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"